Anyone have a droid phone?

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by BRUCE80, Mar 25, 2011.

1. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

If so how do you record voice stuff?

What are some of the best apps to get?

2. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

On my abdroid I got something called tape-a-talk for free tgat serves its purpose well

3. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Step 1 - throw out Droid
    Step 2 - go buy iPhone

4. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Extremely helpful answer

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

Step 3 - Get a clue because droid phones are soo much better than the I phone

http://www.htc.com/us/products/thunderbolt-verizon?view=1-1&sort=0&gclid=CKHinI-87KcCFcfsKgod91RMaw

http://www.motorola.com/Consumers/U.../Mobile-Phones/DROID-BIONIC-US-EN?localeId=33

these are 2 phones that the I Phone will have a very hard time competing against, the I Phone sales are not what people thought they were going to be for Verizon when they made them available. Reason being is because the customers love the android phones.

6. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

The google maps gps app is absolutely amazing.

My phone has an app that came with the phone called voice recorder.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I have the droid incredible and the iphone wishes it could compete with it.

The best apps I have are tapatalk, pandora, alarm clock plus and some games.

To answer your question, I've never tried to record voice. I'm sure there is an app that does it.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Tapatalk will soon have a XenForo plugin.

9. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My wife has AndRecorder on her lg optimus s

10. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

My wife has AndRecorder on her lg optimus s

11. uncleho

uncleho Walk On

I use the Incredible and my favorite app is HeyTell which basically tuns your phone into a walkie talkie using text messaging, only its voice!

12. Bl0ndeRedHead

Reason being because everybody that wanted an iPhone got on AT&T and then didn't want to switch to Verizon because it would cost so much and you couldn't do phone and data simultaneously so they stayed on AT&T. Trust me, the iPhone isn't hurting.

13. Bl0ndeRedHead

Have you owned the iPhone 4? Because everyone I know who says "The droid is better than the iPhone" has never OWNED an iPhone (everyone has at least played around with one). And everyone I know who owns an iPhone, including people that have owned the Droid (of which everyone says the Incredible is a piece of shit compared to the other ones) say that the iPhone is much better than any droid. There's a reason Apple is the one company that is being innovative and creating new ideas for phones, and everyone is just copycatting and trying to be just like the iPhone but "better"

14. Bl0ndeRedHead

Sorry it's early on a Saturday morning (for me) and I have to be at work soon. I'm cranky. And love my iPhone

15. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    False, the iphone was brought to verizon because of demand at the time of shitty verizon smartphone lineup (peaked by the blackberry.

I have 6-7 friends with iphones. 3 have iphone4s and haven't stopped bitching about them since they got them.

Apple was innovative in the early 2000s for coming up with the iphone. Their technology has since been surpassed. The incredible has its flaws, but it's also a 2nd gen Droid. Comparing it to the iphone4 just goes to show you how far Apple has fell behind. The new Droid lineup isn't even on the same level of the iphone4. Look at the hardware differences alone. Then consider the functionality (droid wins on everything but itunes. Who carries local music anymore?).

16. Bl0ndeRedHead

This argument will be fruitless. Droid people wIll continue to rip on the iPhone and iPhone people will praise it

17. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    I was going to quote your previous post and say that it really is all about personal preference. I didn't have a smart phone until june of last year and shopped around for a long time. The launch of the incredible made it an easy choice for me.

I don't own any Apple stuff for different reasons. Mainly because I have always seen through their aesthetics. Again, personal preference.

18. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

Where I live it's an easy choice. Verizon and AT&T aren't where I am. I was a happy Verizon customer for 7+ years. I had to switch to Sprint after I moved to west central Minnesota. Sprint is the only one right now with decent coverage where I am. Closest cell tower is 15-20 miles away though. I thought verizon was great but where I am sprint is better.

19. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I have the new HTC Thunderbolt and have used the voice recorder that comes with it to make ringtones an its worked well for me. Are you looking for something that will dictate for you or just record?

20. hammerhead1010

hammerhead1010 Walk On

I have the optimus s. Very solid android entry level phone!

21. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

It is a nice phone, I didn't like it because of it being completely touch screen. When her plan was up for renewal I got the samsung transform and she is using the optimus s.

22. Papa Perry

Papa Perry Leeroy Jenkins!!!

Drifter, out of curiousity, what made you choose the HTC Incredible over the Droid X? Or was the Droid X even out yet?

23. The Richuation

The Richuation Walk On

I have the Verizon HTC Thunderbolt... I travel between 4G and 3G areas. In 4G, the device is amazing. The speeds are ridiculous. 10-12 Mbps DL... 20+ Mbps UL...

The decision between Android and Apple are based on personal preference. In my opinion, Apple has succeeded in no small part based on marketing. Ask someone why they want an iphone over and android... the answers usually aren't very compelling.

For someone that wants to venture into smartphone territory for the first time, I would recommend the iPhone because its simple. The Android opp system is a bit rougher around the edges, but there are many people that enjoy that. Being able to customize the device to their liking. Not to mention, we won't see a 4G iPhone for a while, probably 2012.

24. Drifterbub

Featured Threads:
    The X had just come out when I got my phone. I liked the slimmer profile of the Incredible with basically the same hardware.

25. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Had a blackberry pearl, then upgraded to an HTC Hero (android) a year and a half ago. Going to make the next step to the Evo here next month as my contract renewal is up again and I get a phone discount. I really enjoy the android phones.