Anyone have issues with penalties?

Discussion in 'Overdrive' started by ClayRocks, Jul 18, 2011.

1. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

In my game last night against WVU, my D was playing great. I kept getting hit with Roughing the Passer flags, just about the entire game and the majority of the time, I was controlling a safety when it happen.

I had 13 penalties for 164, 11 of which I know were roughing the passer. I overturned a pick 6 and 2 other extended drives on which they scored. They did have one called against them as well.

Just curious if anyone else saw roughing the passer. The slider was set at 60 and I turned it down to 40.

2. White Walkers

White Walkers Walk On

Why 40? 50 was the default setting. Now it'll probably NEVER be called.

3. xassassin4lifex

xassassin4lifex Walk On

I agree, I think the default 50 would be a good spot for it.

4. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I think Clay's team is full of cheaters.

5. C Young

C Young Walk On

Wow....I think maybe 5 penalties got called in the game b/t me and G Will and it was either encroachment or Holding lol.

6. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

clayandlbf are you guys using CC? If not have you guys had any errors with your OD?

7. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

We are not using CC. We have only advanced to week 2 and the only thing out of the ordinary that happend when I advanced us was a message saying I was 27th in line. It advanced fine as far as I know.

What have you seen?

8. pnc

pnc Walk On

I dont think we had any penalities. maybe one or two. I agree with everyone else to put it back at 50.

9. -Cougars-

-Cougars- Walk On

I haven't seen anything I was just wondering because my commish for Orange Crush is waiting to start the OD because he is afraid of an error that will cause us to restart a season all over

10. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

I didn't see enough penalties. I say leave it at 60. Teach ur team some discipline in practice this week. I think i had 2 penalties total.

11. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I'm fine with 50...I just set it to 40 last night after that rediculous game I had. If nobody else has seen this then we'll go up to 50, but not back up to 60.

12. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Cool. The only thing I seen was outstanding rushing games against good defenses, from the stats I looked at. That will probably have to be the 1st thing tweaked

13. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

Clay...how do you feel about an additional 5 star recruit for winning coach of the year

14. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Hmmm...nah. Sounds like controversy in the making. We'll keep it like it is.

15. C Young

C Young Walk On

wow....just got 3 roughing the passer penalties - watched it on replay and its usually DE's bumping into the QB after the play is over. I also just lost the most ridiculous game ever - the EFFING Longhorns ran back a squib kick for a TD on me with 2 seconds left in the 4th - tie ball game. Lost 56-49. I'm devastated right now lol.

16. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

ouch..0-2. 50+ points given up in both loses.

17. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

Yep...that is what happened to me last night. My DE would brush the QB and he would fall down. You got those 3 roughing the passer with the slider set to 40. But I'll set it back to 50 in a little while if everyone wants it there.

18. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

I wonder if the roughing the passer is affected at all by the defensive line aggressive or conservative setting..

19. ClayRocks

ClayRocks Touch The Rock

I thought about that too. I didn't have anything turned to aggressive or conservatinve. Everything was balanced. I even checked it b/c I thought maybe for some reason it defaulted to that but nope, it was all balanced. (For me anyway) It was the weirdest game I have ever played.

20. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

well if enough people are experiencing it EA will patch it hopefully, if this is something they can patch. I would suggest all the guys having issues with it email EA and let them know. If they don't know it is a big problem they can't fix it. Don't put off doing it b/c you think someone else will, b/c the other person you expect to do it is probably thinking the same thing about you.

21. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Also, the thing that sucks about this penalty is it results in an automatic first down regardless of down and distance.

22. BigKing

BigKing Enforcer of Freedom

I haven't had any penalty issues in either my game against the computer or my game against Cocky. And I was hitting Cocky's players pretty hard, just ask Lattimore. ;)

23. InfiniteMTX

InfiniteMTX Walk On

C
    Check out this weeks coaches watch BK

24. CharlestonUSC

CharlestonUSC Walk On

Too bad the game doesn't have the 10-15 lbs of muscle Latt put on in the offseason.

25. Raidernation

Raidernation I can show you better than I can tell you

Yup penalties galore in my Maryland game the Terps got them all the first three quarters then the refs turned it on me in the fourth .... I vote 50