Anyone look at the polls?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by BigSmooth33, Aug 9, 2011.

1. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

To me, the logic looks a bit jacked up again...

How does the previous undefeated #1, lose and drop 11 places behind 2 loss teams?

Drives me nuts that this kind of logic can't be fixed... Last year's was laughable IMO, and although it appears slightly improved, it's still pretty flawed... Right?

2. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Oh, and I've finally snuck into the Top 25...

To stay too bitches...

3. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

They got schooled by a team that had lost 6 straight. I'd can't say the logic (in this particular case) is that far off. I agree that the 'Puter has done some questionable things in the past, but I think I'm with the 'Puter on this one.

4. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Didn't see who they lost to, but still, below any team with two losses is a stretch IMO... Wish we could vote in the coaches poll... That would be kind of sweet.

5. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Beyond all of that, we have some interesting things with the remaining teams:

1. South Carolina: Plays Clemson and then the SEC West leader (#3 Arkansas) in the SEC title game

2. Oklahoma: Plays Oklahoma State on the road

3. Arkansas: Plays LSU on the road and then South Carolina in the SEC title game

4. Florida State: Plays Florida on the road and then in the ACC title game

5. Florida: Plays FSU at home

6. Michigan State: Plays Northwestern on the road and then PSU or OSU in the Big Ten title game

Boise State and Ohio State sit behind that group at 7 & 8. If Ok St can take down Oklahoma, all kinds of scenarios open up for a H2H title game.