Anyone seeing a TON of dropped passes?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Sublime321, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Anyone seeing a TON of dropped passes?

I've noticed that in my few games in this OD, I've had a more than average number of dropped passes. I was having like 8 or 9 a games...till the LSU game last week. I had 19 dropped passes. Now, I realise I may not be the best passer in the league...or have the best WR's, but I don't think 19 drops is anywhere near realistic. Anyone else exprienced this? Maybe a look should be taken at this specific value in the sliders.

2. bcduggan

bcduggan Walk On

in game plan put catching on conservative that will eliminate a lot of dropped passes.

3. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Jeffrey dropped like 5 against ND, or else the score would have been worse, and I ALWAYS have game plan setting to conservative...

4. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

yeah bro, what i do is place the catching on conservative and allow my wr's to gain a little confidence by allowing them to catch a few passes maybe get a td then i'll place it back to normal, i see no need to place catching on aggresive, makes no sense

5. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Ahhh...ok. I NEVER mess with gameplanning...I hate the feature, mostly due to the cheese you run into online with aggresiveness. I really want to thank you guys for the pointer. Never would've thought of that. I get the feeling that you might feel a little bit of pity. 19 drops. If I'm ot mistaken, the NFL record is like 9 or 10.

6. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

JDR, every thought of relooking at the sliders?

7. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I usually make small changes at a time throughout. I've never had any trouble at all unless it's a HB with poor CTH ratings. I did that to keep CPU teams from being automatic and to really make ratings matter.

I set my catching to Conservative but I've never really noticed a problem. Even when I've forgotten to set it. I'll definitely listen to considerations.

8. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

If everyone is cool with it, I'd like to ask that the catching sliders are
    evaluated for a slight tweaking...
    I emphasize the slight...

I don't know what Jeffrey's catch rating is but I am pretty sure he leads my squad in drops...

If jdr decides not to, it won't hurt anything at all...

Just suggesting a reevaluation of the settings.

My $.02...

9. Sublime321

Sublime321 Walk On

Most of my drops were by either TE Ewing (low 80's CTH) or WR Kelly (80's CTH and 93 overall). Those two are my best receivers and they accounted for 12 (I think) of my19 drops. Of course, I've set my catching to conservative the last two games and haven't had any problem, so....

10. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

my best wrs always lead the team in both catches and dropped passes, but it makse me spread the ball around alot more rather than forcing it to one or two guys, i wish run blocking could be a little more consistant though

11. hoodlum10

hoodlum10 Walk On

Yesterday was my first game in this OD, there were more drops than in other OD's I've been in but it wasn't like a huge problem to me, but that was just 1 game and it definitely seems like you guys have been having problems with catching. The CPU dropped quite a few though.

12. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

I have both CPU and HUM Catch Sliders at 25.

I'll bump these up to either 30 or 35 tonight.

The reason I put these so low was to keep the cpu from just owning us. I only notice a drop or maybe two per game by the cpu the way they are. The reason I keep the HUM just as low is so we don't have an advantage over the CPU. I want CPU teams to challenge us as much as possibl without ripping us a new one.

I'll give it a bump to see if it helps.