Anyone use this yet?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Brogowicz, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 12.32.10 PM.png

The post from EA in early August said that Advance On the Web was now available, but I didn't see it until now. It's somewhat hidden near the bottom of the screen shot.​

Has anyone tried this? You can probably imagine my reservation in using any new feature from EA.​

2. DC

DC Shake n Bake

First time I've seen it as well

3. Big D

Big D Walk On

I'm confused. Each individual team can advance it?

4. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

No - this is a screen shot from my other OLD where I'm the boss. I think this would/should only appear for commissioners.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I've used it for the Pride.

It worked pretty well overall, but when all the transfer errors were happening, we actually advanced backwards. I'm afraid to use it again without saving the OD and until the patch is out.

6. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

Umm ... are you saying you went from week 14 to week 13? Scary.

We're in conference championship week right now (just got my revenge against OSU, who slapped me around 35-10 in the regular season) and haven't had any issues. We did, however, fail to get through week 1 for the first 2 weeks after painfully having to restart the OLD about 10 times. It was tragic. Maybe, however, something changed that allowed us to get past week 1 and set us on a different course that didn't have the week 14/15 issues? Or maybe they're just waiting for us in Bowl Week?

In any event, we should be no more than a week away from the patch and, hopefully, this awesome new OLD web app:

Screen Shot 2011-08-23 at 3.22.52 PM.png

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

How come my dynasty wire is still the old style

8. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

It hasn't been released yet. That's just a screen shot I pulled from the "Coming Soon" section.

Quite frankly, I think our odds of winning the lotto are better than our chances of seeing this "Coming Soon" teaser this season. Based on last year's awesome dynasty app, I'd say that the EA team working on this is not the A-Team.

I think the gameplay team did a great job as the game is, in my opinion, much, much better than past versions. I think, however, that the other teams that work on the rest of the game churning out mediocre (at best) work. Thank god, however, that Chief Who-Gives-A-Shit can come out on a horse and throw a spear into the turf.

9. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Ooo I need to read more. Post less

10. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

What I'd like to know is ... how do they build an online dynasty web app and not put this (the status screen pictured above) in it? It's great that I can recruit online - even better that it seems to work this year - but how often do you recruit online? For me, the #1 use case for the online site is to see who is playing who this week, who is done and who is not ready to advance.

11. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I recruit online almost explicitly and will be using the super sim feature again here next week.

12. bdub

bdub Walk On

I recruit online every week, I hate recruiting on the PS3.

13. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Goddamn Dynasty wire hosed me out of about 2 hours of recruit time, some with a bonus guy... Dammit.

14. bdub

bdub Walk On

That sucks, I haven't had that happen to me yet this year.

15. Brogowicz

Brogowicz Walk On

That's why I don't use it. It crapped out whenever you scheduled a visit last year and I've been afraid to use it since.

(Not trying to pile on here. That sucks that you lost some call time.)