anyone using the 34 defense?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by fordtuff504, Jul 23, 2010.

1. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

anyone using the 34 defense?

if so r u having any success with it? it looks like i may have to go to multi fo defense, i suck with the 34 agains guys that can run the ball, my only hope is to jump out on an early lead to force a guy to abandon the run all together lol, but i usually throw a shit load of picks hahaha! maybe its because of the lack of personnell that i cant play well with it on d, should i just switch to multi(which i feel safe doing because there's no 155 in it anymore) or go 43? yall responses will be greatly appreciated guys!!! thanks!

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I used it all last year and will build my defenses to be able to play it. I love it. If you don't have killer LBs though it will be a horrid defense. You also need one of those monster DTs to clog the middle. Your team is probably not ready to run it yet.

What team are you using for the 3-4........LSU?

3. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

see thats what im hoping jm, that if i build my D for it like i have been doing then i should see some success as i did last seasonman i swear this defense was soooo wasomelike going into my 7th year of our od, as well as my offline canes dynasty, in fact, here's how i recruited for it;

ROLB- 6'0+ 260lbs at least, athletic DE ie, str 70+, acc 80+, blkshed 85+ by starting time

LOLB-6'3+ 245lbs+ very atheletic DE!!! im usually gonna rush this guy every 1st and 3rd down. atributes; 82+ spd, 75+ fin move, 90+ blk shed, and 85+ plyrec at least by starting time

RILB-6'0+ 240lbs+ runstopping mlb, i need this guy to stuff it lol. atr; 75+ spd, 80+ str, 80+ awr, 75 powmo and 85+ blks atleast buy starting time

LILB-6'0+ 230lbs+ now i ask alot out of this guy, he usually is responsible for the pass coverage stuff ie, flats, TE, anyting in the middle in general. atr; 80+ spd, 80+ plyrec, 70+ zone/man cov, and 70+ powmo at least by starting time

R/LDE- 6'3+ 290lbs+ these guys are my DT's basically. very important position, i need one of these guys to dominate, i would usually place the most dominate on the LDE side because thats where the pressure is commin from most of the time. atr; 80+str, 85+ blks, 75+ powmo. these guys make the OLB's jobs very easy!!!

NT!!!!- 6'1 310lbs+ space eater!!! Mt. Cody type guy (very rare lol) atr; 90+str, 90+ blks, 85+ powm AND 80+ awr (this guy will make the MLB's jobs alot much easier! trust me)

LCB- 5'10 175-185lbs pure coverage guy. atr; 92+spd, 80+awr, 90+man/zone cov, 85+ plyrec and press, very important!

RCB- 5'10+ 185lbs this is my hard hitting mo'fo, he gets shit popin if u try to run on his side lol, atr; 85+ spd, 65+ str, 80+ plyrec, 70+tkl, and 85+ press

SS- 6'2+, 210-225lbs, think of a speedy LB with nice cov skillz but can drop down in the box and cause all types of hell in the run game! atr; 85 spd, 75+ str, 80+ply rec and man/zone cov, 75+ blks/fin mov/tak

FS- 5'10+ 180-205lbs, im controlling this guy just roaming and reacting, be afraid....be very afraid!!! lol, atr; 90+ spd, 75+ hitpow, and 70+ catching, that is all lol

i usually draft DE's and rs 'em after changing them to OLBs as well as;
    DT's to DE's
    MLB's are never a prob, but i sometimes see a OLB that can play inside and i'll take a chance and move him there, i once found a undersized DT and was able to make him a teddy bruscky style RILB, he was awsome too!
    CBs are usually fine
    SS-i'll recruit an undersized OLB, trust me, it worked out very well!
    FS, easy to find, i usually look for a CB with size and hands too

well i hope i'll find some success once i have all of my tools in place, may take me about 4 seasons with LSU though, they are sooooo damn undersized, smh

4. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

I'm still trying to figure this game out as a whole.. Everybody on ps says this 4-2-5 is so good..that's bull..any Sim player can beat that defense easily..just run the ball..I think the multiple defense is my best best this year.in still deciding on my offense I wanna run this year

5. fordtuff504

fordtuff504 Walk On

hey, dont gey JD started on that glitchy ass 425 defense, he absolutely grilled a guy on OS for trying to justify it as an authentic defense lol, but i think u should use the defense that best suits ur defensive personnel

6. jdrhammer

jdrhammer S E C Speed

haha.

I need to go back and apologize on OS. I played the cpu with TCU on heisman and beat the mess out of them.

As for what scheme you use, I think it should be that of the school you use, especially on D. After some time (whether that's one season or two, or more???) then changes can be made but I've always been a believer that you replicate the school, at least in year 1, because after that, changes can be made to anyone at anytime i.e. UGA with the 3-4 this year bringing in Grantham as one example.

I don't thing you should be able to take a Spread O and make them an I form type of team in year one. Our old Bama cheeser, who is die-hard Tide, always used Star Jackson and ran the spread with Bama from Day 1. That's just corny.

7. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I'm totally with you jd...

I play with Michigan nearly always and run the spread just like they do (or try to)... Play iterations of the 3-4, 3-3-5, etc. like they do.

Likewise in X3B with MTSU and here with the Gamecocks... I'll play with the team just like they do in real life (or best I can manage). Just my preference though.

8. nkmi1984

nkmi1984 Walk On

I plan on running a spread O with Auburn but not use their playbook. I think I am set on the Cincinnati playbook.

Would it be dumb to run a Ga Tech Offense with Auburn? When I play online thats the team i primarily use. That O is just too darn fun to me. It sounds silly but I htought I'd ask for feedback.

9. drowsike

drowsike Go DAWGS

No not to me.. That offense is mad fun to run..IMO your the coach..you run your offense. Nobody ever thought GT will become a Triple Option team

10. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

I don't really care... My personal preference for when I play though is to play like the team I'm playing with... Just me though... I know THEiv prefers a West Coast style/pro attack more no matter who he's playing with.