Anyone want to get a game in tonite?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by NYJuggalo45, Jul 16, 2009.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Anyone want to get a game in tonite?

I've only played Helli from the league. Rather scrimmage someone from the league if possible. Anyone who doesn't have a tournament game want to play tonite?

2. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

i should be around all weekend for games - having not played any football games since my 360 died earlier in the year, I need to get my chops back.

not sure if anybody is around during the day tomorrow but I have off from work.

3. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

I can play anytime thursday or friday. I've only played three games online and the other guy quit twice so it will be nice to play a real game.

4. BlyGilmore

that's why I don't play random schmucks online. I'd rather play the computer than somebody who has no accountability.

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Coll, I'll be around/able to play after 7pm EST

6. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I should be available tonight Juggy if you're in the mood to hear my whining.

7. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

ill be on man...hopefully i can talk you into liking the game

8. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

he doesn't have a choice

9. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

the only reason I haven't quit yet is because of guys like Kinger and Steelah, who took a lot of losses last year without ever whining once. I'll never have the class of one of those guys, but they make it so I can't quit because with guys like them and the rest of you it's just too good of a spot to lose. Otherwise, I would have by now. So technically JMS I do have a choice, but have already made it.

10. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I would be personally offended as a friend if you quit!!!:mad:

it is not so much the game but the group we have.......we could play almost any game and have fun!

11. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

your online reputation would take a hit... even if it's truely because you don't like the game.... i think you know what the perception would be publicly.. "Helli can't take losing"

I know that's not true, but im just saying. But who really cares about their online reputation... :)

12. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah it was group vs. personal and I chose group. I'm not enjoying the game one iota this year. Even when I make a long run I'm unsatisfied because I know it was only becausea the other guy guessed I would run the other way and his entire defense kept running that way even after I had the ball. This tecmo bowl nonsense is fucking stupid.

Yeah I do take it seriously when I say I will play in a league and expect others to do the same. See my comment to sweetness in the NFL league for evidence. If I had quit I would have felt horrible even though it would have been a pretty logical decision to not want to waste hundreds of hours of my time this year doing something I didn't enjoy. I'm banking that I'll eventually like it based on the team I'm using and I didn't want to have to create the post.

13. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

14. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

i just had a squirt of throw-up shoot up into my mouth... but twrecks just got a woody.

15. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

I quit after that shit by JMS

16. BlyGilmore

Helli I think the use of that is going to die down after a while. folks are just using it a ton now because its the new gimmick.

Guys who rely on it every play are going to find themselves giving up a ton of points they wouldn't have otherwise. Even if you guess right 50 percent of the time, stuffing a run behind the line for a two yard loss isn't the equal of giving up a 70 yard touchdown pass.

17. BlyGilmore

and i just threw up on my laptop ...

18. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Yeah my boss was standing behind me when I opened that thing, I wonder if I'll have a job much longer. UGH

NFSFW!!!!

Yeah Bly, I dunno man. I've seen a steady stream if it in every game, and the thing that really bugs me is, not only do they all go that direction, they all over power the individual guys they're blocking!?

It isn't enough to know that a play is gonna be run, you also SHOULD have to have the skill to stop it. But with these,you could literally call a nickle defense with 9 guys in coverage then do that guess run thing and stuff it. It's crap. Like I've said too many times, it just doesn't seem to matter what play you call anymore.

19. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

My DT literally took the ball out of Drifter's QB's hands last night and ran it in for a TD.... It was on the option, but drifter said he did not try an pitch it...

20. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

I have played 3 games and didnt even know you could guess plays pre snap on defense....doh!!!

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

this !!!!!

22. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Let me guess, you "guessed" hehe

23. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

nope, didn't know about pre-snap commit until today....
    :rolleyes:

24. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    i'll be available to play tonght.