Anyone work in the sports industry?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Basis4aDay56, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Anyone work in the sports industry?

I just registered for my final 7.5 credits of college (to be finished this summer)! I am very happy to be done with it. I had my fun, and didn't develop a proper work ethic at my first school (James Madison University). After poor grades and habits, I made the decision to transfer to a decent University here in NJ and commute from my parents house. After transferring, I developed a pretty strong work ethic and I am very proud of the type of person I have become.

I am graduating with a marketing degree, and I am really looking to try to get into the sports marketing business. I had an internship with the ECHL (class 'AA' minor league hockey, has direct NHL affiliates) last fall and it was a great experience. I got to work a lot on some of the league marketing initiatives, as well as help out some of the teams come up with promotions ideas since they are drastically understaffed.

So, with all of this in mind, I am looking for a job to begin around the third week in July. Do any of you work in the sports industry, or know of anyone that does? Being from New Jersey sort of isolates me, but I am not directly tied to this area and would be willing (hell, even happy) to relocate.

Any info you might have would be sincerely appreciated. You can also check out my (in progress) website if you want to see my resume or more information: http://tomobrien.me

Thanks for reading guys.

2. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

I have a couple connections because I was also doing that my first two years at Virginia Tech before I switched to English and Communication to become a teacher.

I'll shoot you a few contacts on Monday. They aren't the greatest, but it is worth a shot.

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Sick man, thanks! My email address is: thomas.p.obrien(at)gmail.com