Apology to Money...

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by derek, Aug 9, 2012.

1. derek

derek Walk On

Just wanted to apologize to Money for quitting with about 26 seconds left in our game.

Let me explain:

It felt like the entire game was filled with my guys dropping passes that weren't even near defenders. They were just blatant uncontested drops. Or missing tackles. On more then one occasion I was unable to bring down his qb on option plays but there was one play where I was actually controlling the DE and he ran right into me but was able to get out of the tackle (twice he ran for long td's on qb options that should have been dead in the backfield). My very next possession the situation was all but identical except it was me who was controlling the qb and his DE just thrashed my qb. Besides that it seemed that every single run required more than one tackler. The worst of it was that I picked off 6 passes (maybe as a result of me switching to zone throughout his hurry up offense) and was unable to do anything because I could not complete a pass or maintain a running game.

All of this culminated into a tight finish where he took the lead with a couple minutes left. With so little time left I was at a loss. I could not depend on receivers or my qb since they had been dropping passes the entire game and the qb was throwing crazy looking passes. It felt like an EA screw the entire game. So to be somewhat safe I called a screen on 3rd down and long and it looked like he had room and blockers but he just stood there and made no attempt at the ball. I was sick and as a knee jerk reaction I tossed my controller in the air kind of like throwing my hands up in complete frustration but unfortunately my controller hit my coffee table which has stone tiles and it busted the corner of my controller. The controller is now messed up but I tried to run a 4th and long play but to no avail.

Now I am without a functioning controller so I text money and tell him I thrashed my controller. Not so He would quit and wait until later but so he would understand why my play calling was taking a little while or why things had become awkward. I have other controllers but the batteries were dead in them so here I am having to sift through these controllers to see which one worked. Meanwhile Money is able to break another handful of tackles to get all my timeout's and a first down so I figure ok it's over. Well instead of taking a knee Money decides to go ahead and score another td. My game level frustration had red lined and I was so disgusted (Im just the type to take a knee especially against users) I quit with 26 seconds left just to get away from this situation.

It was classless and despite my frustration I should have completed the game so I am here to apologize to Money for behaving like a douche. Sorry guys.

2. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

At least you didn't call him a jew.

3. derek

derek Walk On

lol. Yea that was classic

4. Abominatrix

Abominatrix Walk On

• Like Like x 1
  5. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

Yeah I always take a knee when I can because I know everyone in here is capable of beating me and I don't want them running the score up me when I'm on the other side of the beating.

But to each his own I guess. So request him next year and pay it forward.

6. QBKILLAR

QBKILLAR If you only win one, please let it be Ole Miss.

And by the way I'm glad I'm not the only grown ass man who gets mad at video games....

7. derek

derek Walk On

Lol. I know it's pitiful isn't it? Im the same way with watching football. I guess Im competitive by nature even when it's a video game.