>>> Applications (reply here)

Discussion in '12th Man Football' started by CHUNKNESS, Jul 29, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

12thMan_Logo_Lg_WhBkgd.jpg

<<< MANDATORY APPLICATION INFORMATION >>>
    (MUST READ BEFORE POSTING AN APPLICATION)

ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A TRADITION SPORTS ONLINE (TSO) APPLICATION HERE AND BE APPROVED BEFORE SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION TO PARTICIPATE IN 12th MAN FOOTBALL.

Thank you for your interest in 12th Man Football. We are a non-traditional "sim" style PS3 Madden online franchise league consisting of 16 owners; 2 owners per division. Games in which BOTH teams are human controlled opponents are played. Games in which one or both teams are CPU controlled opponents or any games in which a human controlled opponent cannot attend prior to the assigned deadline are simulated regardless of the schedule timing. ALL league participants are expected to abide by the Tradition Sports Online (TSO) regulations and our league rules. Before you proceed any further, please read the "Tradition Rules and General Expectations" and the "12th Man Football League Rules" if you haven't done so already. If you are ready fulfill the TSO and 12th Man Football requirements, please proceed with the application process.

To apply, reply to this thread. Please copy the quote below (click the "View full quote" tab) and paste it to the body of your reply. Provide your answers to the information requested. These will aid us in screening you for our league prior to adding you to our waiting list. ALL applications must be posted in this forum. WE WILL NOT ACCEPT APPLICATIONS VIA EMAIL, PM, OR INSTANT MESSENGER. Thank you for your attention and cooperation regarding this.

Feel free to include any questions or concerns that you may have for the league staff with your application. Once you have completed your application, you will be added to our league waiting list. You may be required to play a tryout game against one of our staff prior to application approval. Please note, the league staff reserves the right to remove any owner without warning due to rule infractions, inactivity, disrespect, or otherwise. Any owner who is removed or chooses to leave the league for any reason will forfeit any content or monetary donations submitted. Once again, thank you for your interest in 12th Man Football!

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  2. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Fuad Hammad
    EMAIL: cavs81590@yahoo.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): cavs81590
    TIME ZONE: Eastern
    PSN ID: cavs4life11

What is your previous league experience (if any)?

Played in Hard Knocks in its last 3 seasons, also played in the Zone(PS3 2k League)
    Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently involved in.
    None right now.
    How did you hear about us?

Looking at the website from time to time.
    Why do you want to join the 12th Man Football?
    Want to get back into playing in a Madden league, the experience in Hard Knocks was a great one. Hopefully playing here will be as great as well.
    We pride ourselves in respect and communication. Why would you be a good addition to the league?
    Yes
    What does “simulation” football mean to you?
    Playing the game the way its supposed to be played. Using your team to their strengths and not trying to exploit weaknesses in how the game is made.
    Which is more important to you… Winning or playing a game fairly and coming up short?
    Playing a game fairly and coming up short.
    Are you willing to play with any team that is available?
    Yes
    We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule? Yes

• Like Like x 2
  3. CHUNKNESS

Cavs4LIFE

Thanks for your application, Fuad. We'll be holding a formal "check-in" over the next few days for our current active league members. We anticipate there will be a few openings to be filled thereafter. We should know more later this week. I will be following up with the staff from HK regarding your experience there. Feel free to inquire you haven't heard back from us regarding your application status by the end of the week. Your interested is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS
    12th Man Football Commissioner

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cavs4LIFE

Cavs4LIFE Walk On

Cool, I did have one question about player management. Is everything done through Madden in game or is a site like XFN going to be used?

5. CHUNKNESS

Good question. Everything to do with the franchise will be managed with the online franchise. The only thing that we manage externally are player re-signings. We limit re-signings to allow for a competitive free agent pool and to force teams to manage their roster and cap accordingly.

6. ThaBayouChef

ThaBayouChef Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Loren L.
    EMAIL: llazaroe985@gmail.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): llazaroe
    PSN ID: ThaBayouChef

Currently in year 1 of MLE dynasty league on NCAA. Previous league experience with other sites, trying to find a more stable place for online sim league-play.

MLE - NCAA '13

From a player in my personal online NCAA league. Have played in a couple Madden leagues with him before. He recommended me to this site.

Sounds like a good league. Would like to get in a non-premier league or two before I decide to make the jump to "premier".

We pride ourselves in respect and communication. Why would you be a good addition to the league?
    Running my own NCAA league for the past 3 years, I definitely know how much of a hassle it is trying to get everyone to communicate. Nothing worse than when 1 person throws off the whole thing. I have multiple contact options, and will be very active in the forums. I would have no issue with respect or communication.

Playing the game virtually, the way you would play it on the real gridiron. No cheap, trick plays. No constant QB scrambling, no glitch kick returns, no multiple no huddle plays. Even balance of run/pass attack. And no nano blitzing! Play fair, play hard, play REAL!

Which is more important to you… Winning or playing a game fairly and coming up short?
    "You play to win the game!" ... Lol. I'm not going to be a bum and say winning isn't important. Because it definitely is. But if you have to cheat and play like a bum in order to win, than I would rather come up short.

Yes. Huge Saints fan, so I would love to have them. But coming in this close to the Madden drop I'm sure it won't be a likely scenario. I'd take whichever team was available. Does not matter.

We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule?
    Definitely so. 72 hours is standard online advance time I think.

• Like Like x 2
  7. CHUNKNESS

ThaBayouChef

Thanks for your application, Loren. We're currently holding our formal "check-in" for our current active league members which will close at the end of the day tomorrow, Tuesday. We anticipate there will be a handful of openings to be filled thereafter. We should know more later this week. Our recruiter, TJ aka Scikotic, will be getting in contact with you regarding your application and your qualifications for the league. In the meantime, let us know if any questions or concerns. Your interested is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 1
  8. MustangJeff67

MustangJeff67 Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Jeff Piotrowski
    EMAIL: Jeffpiotrowski1@yahoo.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication):jeffpiotrowski1
    TIME ZONE: MST
    PSN ID: MustangJeff67

Played in a variety of leagues none run off of any site, tired of that want an actual well run league
    None
    Browsing the site
    Interested in a competitive league that also is sim and active, people who care about the game, not the score. There is a difference a huge one
    Because im willing to make posts(interviews, team newsletters, etc.) And do anything i can to make this league feel like the real nfl. I may lose

Means running what your team runs, what would work for you, but not going 90-10 or anything like that. It means playing the game like a real team would, if i got a 99 rb and a 70 qb im prob gonna run more than throw, same for the other way.
    Fairly and coming up short(may happen often XD)
    Yes
    We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule? No doubt

• Like Like x 2
  9. klaximilian

klaximilian Walk On

Thanks for posting Jeff. I will be in contact with you shortly.

• Like Like x 1
  10. MustangJeff67

MustangJeff67 Walk On

Awesome im at work, so just pm me and we can talk.

11. CJTHA1

CJTHA1 Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL):Charles Ransom Jr
    EMAIL:charles_ransom_jr@yahoo.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): charles_ransom_jr
    TIME ZONE:Eastern
    PSN ID:CJTHA1

Im involved with two NCAA Football 13 leagues on this site
    Chompions League-NCAA Football 13 & In The Trenches-NCAA Football 13
    I heard about it thru the websiteWhy do you want to join the 12th Man Football?
    I'm interested in joining a "sim" style league for Madden 13. I have had alot of fun doing NCAA 13 and i would to do the same for Madden
    We pride ourselves in respect and communication. Why would you be a good addition to the league? I have no issue when it comes to communication and respect. I'm active when it comes to league forums and i like posting game summeries.
    "Simulation" football to me is playing the game the way it's supposed to be played. No shortcuts or cheating. Playing the game fair and square because that's more fun than winning or losing. Also having respect for your opponent is good as well.
    Which is more important to you… Winning or playing a game fairly and coming up short?To me playing the game fairly and coming up short is more than winning. Playing fairly says that you have respect for your opponent and the league that you are in. Everyone loses a game here and there, but the fun and enjoying the game is more important than winning.
    Are you willing to play with any team that is available?Yes
    We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule?
    Yes i am every three days is perfect

• Like Like x 1
  12. CHUNKNESS

Thanks for your application, Charles. Our recruiter, TJ aka Scikotic, will be getting in contact with you regarding your application and your qualifications for the league. In the meantime, let us know if any questions or concerns. Your interested is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

13. Brian1220

Brian1220 Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Brian Wheat
    EMAIL: wheatbrian@yahoo.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): wheatbrian
    PSN ID: Brian1220

What is your previous league experience (if any)? I've played in multiple leagues but the leagues were created by friends and family members.

Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently... None at the moment.

How did you hear about us? I saw it through the forums.

Why do you want to join the 12th Man Football? Every year I always try to join one league that best interests me , usually its hard to find a really good one which means I just make one with friends. This league seems faboulous and really interestes me and I would love to be apart of it.

We pride ourselves in respect and communication. Why would you be a good addition to the league? I would be a good addition because I will always show respect. I love to post post game reports, interviews etc...

What does “simulation” football mean to you? "Simulation" football to me is playing the game the way its suppose to be played. Not trying to pass pass pass, just play the game right.

Which is more important to you… Winning or playing a game fairly and coming up short? Playing the game fairly and coming up short. I rather play right and play my heart out than doing the same play over and over and winning a game that way.

Are you willing to play with any team that is available? Yeah, I don't mind what team I get.

We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule? That is the perfect amount of days. I am all for it.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Michael Overman

Michael Overman Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Michael Overman
    EMAIL: mdoverman@gmail.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): MrOverUnder
    TIME ZONE: East Coast
    PSN ID: (Coming Soon)

I have commished and participated in full online sim sports leagues for 8+ years

None

PepperNY
    I take pride in being a solid active owner, and I solely prefer to be involved with well run leagues.

My job allows for ample computer time, which allows me to be active on the m.boards and my daily life allows for plenty of free time in the way of scheduling league games.

The art of imitation...in this case the NFL. Trying to play a game as realistic to the product on the field as possible. Playing the game as real life...and not an arcade video game.

Friendly...Respectful...Competitive game play. Losing is a real part of competition, you have to take the wins and losses in stride. I never understand people who don't.

Depends on the scenario

I am very active and have always been an owner that is "on the ball". I do go out of town at times, but nothing out of the ordinary, and I'm always good at arranging things and planning ahead.

• Like Like x 1
  15. CHUNKNESS

Thanks for your application, Brian. Our recruiter, TJ aka Scikotic, will be getting in contact with you regarding your application and your qualifications for the league. In the meantime, let us know if any questions or concerns. Your interested is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

16. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Adrian C.
    EMAIL: Tulare10@gmail.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): Tulare10
    TIME ZONE: PST
    PSN ID: AoHigh5

For TSO, none. Trying to get into my first TSO league
    none.
    Just looking around the forums
    looking for a very active league w committed owners
    I'm huge madden fan and especially in the online franchise mode, I just need a league that reciprocates my effort and dedication
    Means playing video game as realistic as possible. No cheesing/glitching, no same plays over and over
    Playing a game fairly
    yes definitely if I have couple years to build that team
    3 days is more than enough !

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  17. CHUNKNESS

Welcome to TSO, Adrian, and thanks for the app! Our recruiter, TJ aka Scikotic, will be getting in contact with you regarding your application and your qualifications for the league. We should be finalizing things here soon as we have one spot remaining to fill for our 32 man roster. If you have any questions or concerns, let us know. Your interested is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 1
  18. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

From the looks of it, looks like there's already 32 teams ready to go. If someone were to drop out tho, I'd be ready & waiting!​
    FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Tyler Bethke
    EMAIL: tybethke@gmail.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): mlbplayer2k3
    TIME ZONE: PT
    PSN ID: Broncos218

What is your previous league experience (if any)? I did Madden leagues probably about 5 yrs ago, but nothing recently. I've also done leagues in other sports as well tho.

Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently involved in. 2 TSO leagues: The Pride (NCAAF) and Serie Futbol (FIFA)

How did you hear about us? TSO site

Why do you want to join the 12th Man Football? Been looking forward to online madden for a while, but never liked the online franchise format of old. Pumped for connected careers tho.

We pride ourselves in respect and communication. Why would you be a good addition to the league? I have great respect for everyone I play against and always play w/ a good attitude, win or lose. I may also be interested in adding extra league content down the road too. I also make sure to get my games in, so scheduling wouldn't be much of an issue.

What does “simulation” football mean to you? Play the way they do in real life. Also play with a high level of sportsmanship, and hear out and adapt my gameplay if people ever have complaints.

Which is more important to you… Winning or playing a game fairly and coming up short? I'd rather play a sim game fairly. Winning's great, but I play here at TSO for the sim-style games. I know I'm not going to win every game, and sportsmanship comes first here.

Are you willing to play with any team that is available? Yes. Although I do like one team in particular in case you didn't already notice :)

We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance schedule? Definitely. I'm in a few other leagues now and am well aware of advance schedules. I'm really looking forward to this league, and ready to get some games in!​

• Like Like x 1
  19. CHUNKNESS

Broncos218

Thanks for your application, Tyler! You are correct that we are at capacity with 32 owners. However, we will be holding a check-in before the game drops and you never know if/when a vacancy will occur. Given your participation and experience with other leagues here at TSO; we'll put you on the waiting list without the need for a tryout game. In the meantime, let us know if any questions or concerns and feel free to follow-up on the league status once we approach the Madden 13 release. Your interest is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

• Like Like x 1
  20. Broncos218

Broncos218 Walk On

Sounds good. I'll be checking in time to time as we get closer to the release date too, so just tag me here once a spot opens up and I'll be on it

• Like Like x 1
  21. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

so i still have to try out ? ive been talking to recruiter but hes been busy.. i wanted to be first on waiting list

22. CHUNKNESS

Adrian, your lack of league experience on TSO will require a tryout. We have just recently appointed other recruiters, so I will have one of them get in contact with you. Please be advised that our applicant selection is not based on chronological order, but rather, we use our discretion to determine which of the applicants on the waiting list would best fit the league. As of right now, there is only one other person on the waiting list.

Gentlemen, please see the above post from applicant AoHigh5. Scikotic is going to be unavailable for the next couple of weeks. Can one of you please get in contact with Adrian so that he can get a tryout game in? Thanks!

Carl ~ Casino
    Eddie ~ pittrocks43
    Jim ~ LtJustice
    Jon ~ Warhawk AKA dreadman

23. edds133

edds133 Walk On

FIRST AND LAST NAME (OR LAST INITIAL): Brandon E.
    EMAIL: brandon.edwards418@yahoo.com
    YIM (league requirement for communication): brandon.edwards418
    TIME ZONE: CST
    PSN ID: edds133

What is your previous league experience (if any)? none

Please list ALL of the leagues that you are currently...

Looks like an awesome league to join.. fits what I want to do in a league and also my playing style.
    I follow rules.. simple as that. I will follow all the guidelines set up by the league and I am very prompt with communication.. (faster with emails since my phone is always on me at work). Also, I just like to have fun. That's what it is al about.
    Realism. Realistic stats, realistic playing styles. As close to what we see on Sunday's as possible.
    playing a game fairly and coming up short. I won't cheese the game just to win.
    yes, even though i would prefer the rams :) ha.
    We advance the online franchise every three days (72 hours) and require each owner to manage all aspects of their franchise. Will you be able to meet our advance

schedule? Yes I have a very flexible schedule.. i can play games every day just time will vary.. but there will always be a good amount of time each day I am available to play!

• Like Like x 1
  24. CHUNKNESS

edds133

Thanks for your application, Brandon! Based on your TSO and 12th Man applications, your idea of what an online league should be and how league games should be played is exactly what we are looking for in our owners. You are correct that we are at capacity with 32 owners. However, it is well before the game is released. We will be holding a check-in very soon and we never know if/when a vacancy will occur. One of the guys on the recruiting team or I will be in contact with you to setup a scrimmage for a tryout game. In the meantime, let us know if you have any questions or concerns. Feel free to follow-up on the league status once we approach the Madden 13 release to see if any vacancies arise. Your interest is appreciated!

~Doug aka CHUNKNESS

pittrocks43
    LtJustice
    Casino
    Warhawk AKA dreadman
    Scikotic

25. AoHigh5

AoHigh5 CTE

oh i only accepted tryout and to be on waiting list bc i was told id be given priority if an opening happened around release date.. i didnt know my lack of experience would decreases my chances of replacing first dropout bc i only wanted to join if i was starting as original 32 owner in first place

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.