April 2014 Game Recaps

Discussion in 'Game Recaps' started by Mike E, May 18, 2014.

1. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

I suppose I'll start:

Just finished two games against CPU Oakland. Ill do stats and such moving forward, just wanted to get this down so I remembered before i went to bed.

Game 1

Lost the first 3-2 in bottom of the 9th. Asdrubal Cabrera homered in the top half to tie it, but Mark Ry[okjasd;fljknisky gave up a walk and 3 singles to take the loss.

Game 2

In game two, it was 0-0 going into the 7th when Asdrubal Cabrera AGAIN came up big, singling up the middle to score Michael brantley. In the next inning Nick (Bro-hio) Swisher smashed a 2 run homer to right to give the Tribe a 3-0 lead. Unfortunately, after the win the CPU gods failed to give the tribe the win and didnt count the game as being played. Any chance i can go ahead and resolve a win for the Tribe when I get on tomorrow?

Ryty

• Like Like x 1
  2. Ryty

Ryty Over the Cap

Yep. We've found that waiting about 30 seconds after the game ends to exit out helps record games. Not sure why but it seems to work.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Mike E

Mike E Earth Rocker

CLE - 1
    OAK - 4

The A's took the opening series of 2014 with a 4-1 win at the O.CO. Colosseum behind a dominant pitching performance by Milone. Danny Salazaar showed some poise late after giving up 3 runs in the second due to 2 walks and 2 hits. Bro-Hio hit a meaningless solo bomb in the 9th to make it look better, but the Indians fall to 1-2 on the young season.

Cle - 5
    SD - 1

A 1-1 game in the 8th was broken open by the top of the Tribe order as they scored 4 in the frame. Corey Kluber pitched 7 strong but came away with a ND. Vinnie Pestano got the win and John Axford picked up the save as the Tribe won their home opener and move to 2-2 on the season.

4. broth262

broth262 Dirty Terps

Featured Threads:
    Twins fans had little excitement going into this season but after the opening series against the White Sox, optimism is everywhere.

Game 1:

Twins-3
    White Sox-1

Game 2:

Twins-6
    White Sox-3

In the first inning of game 2, Joe Mauer was injured sliding into second trying to break up a double play. Chris Cobello came in as a substitue, and answered with a 2 run homerun in extra innings to win the game for the Twinkies.

Game 3:

Twins-9
    White Sox-3

Twins fans were anxious entering this game without Joe Mauer in the lineup, and a rookie on the mound. Alex Meyer delivered a 7 inning 9K performance allowing only 1 run on an Adam Dunn home run. Josh Willingham answered any questions about where offense would come from blasting 2 homeruns in his first 2 at bats.

This Twins team is young and has a lot of potential. I wouldn't think this would be a year for them to make a playoff run, but crazier things have happened.

• Like Like x 1