April's Surprising Players

Discussion in 'The Dugout - OOTP Online League' started by PAgamer07, Apr 21, 2012.

1. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

I thought I would take a look at a couple of guys who are a big surprise in terms of where they are on the league leaderboards. As always, many players will outperform (or under perform) all expectations.

[​IMG]

Andres Torres (New York Mets)- Torres has a 5 overall contact. That's right a 5. But guess what? He is second in the Majors in batting average with a .381 batting average playing every day. He's also second in the majors in slugging % at .691. And he has 6 triples already. Can he keep this pace up?

[​IMG]

Chone Figgins (Seattle)- Figgins is tied for the league lead with 8 errors. Last year, in only 77 starts he had 11.

[​IMG]

Ivan Nova (New York Yankees)- Nova is 3rd in MLB with a 1.34 ERA. Considering he pitches in Yankee stadium, this is certainly impressive. Last year, his era was 3.70

[​IMG]

Carlos Marmol (Chicago Cubs)- Marmol leads the league with 11 saves, and is a perfect 11 for 11 in save opportunities.

[​IMG]

Jonathan Sanchez (Kansas City Royals)- Sanchez is struggling with his control, he leads the Majors with 21 walks in only 35 inning pitched.

[​IMG]

Marco Scutaro (Colorado Rockies)- Of all players to lead the league in runs scored, it's Scutaro. He's scored 23 runs and helped lead the Rockies to 1st place in the NL West.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Norezn

Norezn Walk On

Wow Marmol is a perfect 11 for 11 on saves...now that's not very realistic :p In all seriousness though it is good to see him live up to his potential. As a Cubs fan in real life I always find myself on pins and needles watching him close a game out.

3. briosu99

briosu99 6* Team Killer

Nice write-up. Nova has been my best pitcher so far this year.

• Like Like x 1
  4. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Yeah me to watching Marmol can OOTP please create this Marmol irl

• Like Like x 1