Archived Archived Posts

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Mr2Bits, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Bits' Heisman Watch: 2010 Edition

For the third time in as many years the reigning Heisman trophy winner is a Junior looking to do what only one man has done in the history of intercollegiate athletics - win it again. Over the next five days I will be previewing the top five candidates for the 2010 Heisman Memorial Trophy.

1. Mark Ingram, RB, Alabama - The reigning Heisman trophy winner has all of the tools to make a repeat run: championship contending team, hogs up front on the O-Line, and plenty of marquee games to showcase his skills. Ingram has drawn comparisons to Emmitt Smith, and rightfully so.

Reason he will win the Heisman: Is the same reason why he won it last year - Ingram will be the best offensive player on the best team in college football.

Reason he will not win the Heisman: Ingram will have to split time in the backfield with sophomore sensation Trent Richardson, which will cut into his numbers.

[youtube]9JCEQB_oTkA[/youtube]

2. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Candidate: Terrelle Pryor

2. Terrelle Pryor, QB, Ohio State - Pryor was thrust into the spotlight two years ago against USC in the Coliseum and for a long time struggled to live up to the hype. Much of this changed on New Year's Day of this year as Pryor led the Buckeyes to their first Rose Bowl victory since 1997. Ohio State could start the year ranked as high as number 2 in the nation. Much of their success this year will be borne on the arms and legs of Mr. Pryor.

Reason he will win the Heisman: Pryor is a dual threat QB who can run it with best of them; he is a threat to put the ball in the end zone on every play. Also, you heard it here first: Ohio St. will win the Big Ten and play for the national title in Glendale Arizona on January 10th 2011.

Reason he will not win the Heisman: Pryor will just not rack up the type of numbers that we associate with the Heisman Trophy. Last year Pryor only threw for 18 TDs and rushed for 7 more. Those are not Heisman numbers.

[youtube]EulYKdokw48&feature=related[/youtube]

3. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Win the Big 10? Oh really?.... :)

4. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

You heard it here first. The Ohio St. will "reign" in the Big Ten this year :cool:

...You know I'm clowning on you, dog. Obviously I think tOSU is the favorite and thus I predict that they will win the Big Ten. I'm sure you, Tate, Denard and co. will beg to differ.

5. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

nice play on words bits ^^^^^^^

6. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Damn be hating on the blue and orange.

7. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Heisman Candidate: Dion Lewis

3. Dion Lewis, RB, Pittsburgh - Dion Lewis became a sensation last year, busting onto the scene and finishing 3rd in the NCAA in rushing yards as a true freshman with 1799. Lewis also broke Tony Dorsett's Big East freshman rushing record. No one will forget his MONSTER 47 carry performance against Cincinnati in last year's de facto Big East Championship game.

Reason he will win the Heisman: Lewis will be the best offensive weapon on a rising team. Pitt will challenge for the Big East title and Lewis will carry them to it.

Reason he will not win the Heisman: In order to win the Heisman, you usually have to be the best player on the best team in college football. Lewis is good enough, his team isn't.

[youtube]tSoa8MLr5VU&feature=related[/youtube]

8. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

[​IMG]

No worries, ND. I LOVE the Zooker.

9. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

Season 1: Upset Alerts

[​IMG]

upsets

[​IMG]

In what some would call a battle between David and Goliath

The Trojans of USC travel to The Boise Blue turf and get a good old
    [​IMG]

smurf beat down. Usc gets distracted by off the field issues surrounding rumors of Matt Barklay receiving improper benefits and goes down to the underdog yet higher ranked Boise Broncos 44 to 41.

10. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I didnt realize Boise was rated higher until after I was done lol..I figured if they played in real life know one would give Boise a shot any ways

11. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

12. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Whoever drawn/colored this picture is actually pretty good.

I think this is going to be a close one as well Ben. Both tubb and GA are pretty solid on both sides of the ball. If I had to choose one I would have to go with tubb 28-24. GAbeast is tough to stop on third down because of the accuracy of his QB. I only started to stop the offensive attack of Boise St in the 4th qtr, which was alil too late for me.

I can't wait for next years rematch, The Hokies are gonna smash the smurf town!!!!! lol

13. BG

BG On The Rize!

Chaos Season 1 Games of the Week

GAME
    OF THE
    WEEK

In BCS Chaos NCAA Football 11 fourth installment of Game of The Week presented by Forever 97, the game pits The USC Trojans against The Boise State Broncos.[/CENTER]

[​IMG] vs [​IMG]

The USC Trojans are lead by their SOPH QB, Matt Barkley. Barkley has completed 33 of his 53 passing attempts for 664yds and 6 td’s with 3 int’s. His favorite receiver, Devon Flournoy, has hauled in 13 rec. for 314yds and 2 scores. There is no doubt that USC will try to pass the ball, but they will also run between the tackles with an array of talented runners in the back field. Look for Barkley to sling the ball early and often to multiple receivers and rely heavy on the talent on the defensive side to slow down the Boise St juggernaut.

[​IMG]

SOPH QB, MATT BARKLEY WILL TRY TO MANAGE THE GAME AGAINST A PESKY BOISE ST DEFENSE​

Boise State has caught the FBS by storm. In recent years, if you saw a team like Boise State on the schedule of a dominating team such as USC, one would have automatically given the victory to the Trojans. NOT SO FAST, MY FRIEND! Boise State is just as talented; if not better than the majority of the teams in the BCS; hence their #3 ranking. Kellen Moore (an early Heisman Candidate), has completed 13 of his 21 att. for 270yds and 3 td’s to only one pick. RB, Jeremy Avery, is no slouch either as he eclipsed the 100yd mark with 2 scores against a good Virginia Tech defense.

[​IMG]

KELLEN MOORE WILL TRY TO KEEP HIS HEISMAN CANDIDACY ALIVE IN THE NATIONAL SPOTLIGHT​

THE STAGE IS SET! WHO WILL PREVAIL: THE SWARMING DEFENSE OF THE TROJANS OR THE FAST PACED, HIGH OCTANE OFFENSE OF THE BRONCOS! CAST YOUR VOTE NOW!!!

14. Mr2Bits

Mr2Bits 352

Boise St 31 - USC 28

15. DrunkenSoldier

DrunkenSoldier Luck Of The Irish

16. Gabeastmode

Gabeastmode Walk On

Haven't played yet but I like that mr2bit

17. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

game not played yet

18. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

Im thing the Dubs will spin out on this and win 27-24 over the amazing blue

19. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Tubb probably gonna be mad about this pick but I'm going with the Smurfs!! I think that blue field will probably annoy the shit out of you tubb, lol. Ga has to be used to it by now. And if you have HD that field will pop out even more. 31-21 Boise State

20. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

Upset and Game of the Week! This one better be good... Boise State 31-21. My reason is in the upset thread.

21. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

Lol yea that field is gonna be an eye sore...lol he is supposed to be the favorite he is #2 or 3 right?

22. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

yeah Tubb..I just wasnt thinking. I knew Boise was supposed to be ranked pretty high this year too. I still think if they played in real life USC would whip their Blue turf butts. And thats saying something because I cannot stand the trojans, for obvious reasons lol. I pray if OSU goes undefeated they play Boise in the title game..

23. JerzeyReign

JerzeyReign #BeatOhio

That's a big IF their young jedi:)

24. benbuckeye

benbuckeye Walk On

I agree it is a HUGE IF!! i was talking about real life though...which if they dont go undeafeted it will be a disapointmeant

25. Jvigorous1

Jvigorous1 Hokie

Great write up!

USC 28-24 reason in Upset thread as well....Nevermind Tubb is playing the CPU this week since GA is out of town (Vacation thread). He should still win but by larger margin like 28-14. I was loking forward to this matchup to

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.