Archives

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by carolinaeasy, Nov 8, 2010.

1. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Post your game summaries here for week 1.

2. whales30

whales30 Walk On

[​IMG]
    Oklahoma State 38 - Washington State 7
    The Oklahoma State Cowboys started out the year on a good note beating Pac-10 member Washington State. The first quarter made it seem like this may be a close game as the score was 7-7 at the end of the quarter. But this was completely wrong as the Cowboys scored 10 points in the second quarter and 14 in the third. Oklahoma State put in their reserves after linebacker Justin Gent picked up a fumble and took it to the house.​

Oklahoma State had no injuries.​

Offensive Player of the Game:
    Brandon Weeden - 14 for 18, 235 yards and 2 touchdowns​

Defensive Player of the Game:
    Justin Gent - 3 tackles, an interception, a fumble recovery, and a touchdown​

3. DC

DC Shake n Bake

TCU wins 49-13 vs oregon st

summary coming tmrw when im not tired!

4. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Defense and Special Teams Key as BYU defeats the Washington Huskies

[​IMG]

The Brigham Young Cougars (1-0) defeated the Washington Huskies (0-1) 37-27 in a very impressive outing from the defense and special teams. Although giving up 437 yards of total offense, the BYU defense forced 4 turnovers, returned one of those for a touchdown, and also had a kick off returned for a touchdown The first half went back and forth and the game was tied at 10 going into the break. During halftime, coach Redwings8831 commented, "We have to slow down their offense. We're fortunate that they only have 10 points on the board, and our pass defense has to get better."

Momentum turned in favor of the Cougars when O'Neill Chambers ran the opening kick of the second half back 98 yards for a touchdown. Teammate McKay Jacobson also had a 73 yard kick return in the 2nd quarter and for the game, the Cougars totaled 238 total yards of kick returns. Chambers and Jacobson had return averages of 48.0 and 47.0 yards respectively and this was huge for the BYU offense, as they had optimal starting field position all game long.

Late in the 3rd quarter, after picking off BYU freshman quarterback Jake Heaps, Washington briefly took the lead 20-17, on a 42 yards field goal. The standout QB, making his first career start, responded, connecting with redshirt freshman receiver Cody Hoffman on a 66 yard touchdown pass, the second of the game for this combo, giving the Cougars the lead for good 24-20.

From then on, the BYU defense took over the game. Reshirt sophomore defensive end Eathyn Manumaleuna recovered his second fumble on the day, and a couple minutes later, fifth-year senior cornerback Brandon Bradley intercepted a pass and returned it to the Washington 34. The Cougars capitalized on the pick and went up ten with a field goal. On a last ditch attempt by Locker, he was pressured and hit by junior linebacker Jordan Pendelton. The ball fluttered into the arms of junior Jameson Frazier and was returned 34 yards for seven, putting the Cougars up by 17. The Huskies scored on a fluke 75 yard QB draw as time expired to make it look respectable, as the final score was BYU 37, Washington 27.

Coach Redwings8831 commenting on the week 1 win, "In the second half, the intensity was at a much higher level. Here at BYU we preach, "Tradition, Spirit, Honor", and when we can install this into our team's mindset on weekly basis, we'll be at the level of competing for a MWC championship. We're not there yet, but this was a nice start to hopefully a special season".

Notable Statistics:
    Offensively, the Cougars had trouble maintain consistency through the first half, but were able to get a running game later on. Passing was a problem all day for BYU, as Heaps was 7 for 18 for 142 yards, two touchdowns and an interception. Sophomore backup Riley Nelson also played a little as the Cougars are planning on using a 1.5 quarterback system this season. He was 1 for 5 for 11 yards. Junior running backs, JJ Di Luigi and Bryan Kariya split the carries, with Di Luigi running for 89 yards on 19 carries, and Kariya totaling 57 yards on 13 carries. Hoffman registered half of the teams eight completions, pulling in 112 yards and 2 touchdowns.

Senior defensive end Vic So oto and junior free safety Steven Thomas led the team with 9 tackles each. Manumaleuna recovered two fumbles and Fraizer returned an interception for a touchdown. Senior kicker Mitch Payne was outstanding as well, converting on all three of his field goals, the longest at 41 yards. He also controlled the punting duties, with four at an average of 41.2 yards.

Players of the Game:
    Offensive - Redshirt freshman receiver Cody Hoffman - 4 catches, 112 yards, 2 TD's
    Defensive - Redshirt sophomore left end Eathyn Manumaleuna - 3 tackles, 2 fumble recoveries
    Special Teams - Junior receiver O'Neill Chambers - 3 kick returns, 144 yards, 48.0 average, 98 yard touchdown

Next Week:
    The Cougars travel to Colorado Springs, Colorado to face MWC foe Air Force in the conference opener. The Huskies return to Seattle for their home opener against the Syracuse Orange.

5. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Boise St 45
    Ball St 17

Boise licks Ball

Boise State handled Ball State in a game that wasn't as close as the score suggests. The Broncos seemingly scored at will. Kellen Moore was 11 of 12 for 288 yards and 3 TDs before leaving the game with a minor injury after taking a hard Ball sack.

The Bronco defense picked Ball QB K Page three times and grabbed one Ball fumble.

Players of the game:
    QB Kellen Moore 11 of 12, 288 yds, 3 TDs
    WR Titus Young 5 rec, 175 yds, 3 TDs

Boise visits #7 Va Tech next week.

6. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

#9 Nebraska 51
    Air Force 14

The Big Red came out and dominated their first matchup of the season against Air Force. Playing inspired defense the Huskers were able to limit the running attack of Air Force and actually scored 2 touchdowns early to put the game out of reach. Offensively the fans were treated to an excellent showing of the wishbone offense. No back was able to break 100 yards but they were all effective in moving the chains and keeping points on the board.

Players of the game:
    QB Taylor Martinez: 89 yards passing with 2 touchdowns, and 60 yards rushing. Martinez was the trigger man in the veer attack all day.
    FS Ricky Thenarse: 4 total tackles, 2 ints, 2 touchdowns. Ricky "picked" off two option pitches which he then took to the house.

7. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG][​IMG]
    USC 34 Colorado 21

The Trojans overcame a lackluster effort from Soph QB Matt Barkley to subdue the Buffs 34-21 in Los Angeles. Barkley completed only 15 of 35 passes often missing wide open receivers very badly. The biggest advantage the Trojans had was in holding Colorado to 1 for 10 on third down conversions.

Players of the Game:

USC - Freshman WR Robert Woods 6 catches 145 yards TD
    Colorado - HB R.Stewart 17 rush 103 yards TD

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The offensve player of the game has to ED wesley. I came out thinking i was going to have to pass the ball continuously, but he came out and racked up 197 yards of rushing! Lok for this guy in the hiesman talk. This game was just a complete domination of te opposing team, if this team can play like this all season. I se a crystal shine in our future. But only time will tell!!!

9. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Missouri 51 - Illinois 3

In the 25th meeting of the Arch Rivalry, the newly unveiled Air Raid offense proved too much for overwhelmed Illinois as the Tigers took a commanding 41 - 3 halftime lead on the arm of standout QB Blaine Gabbert. Gabbert threw 3 first half TD passes going 20 of 28 for 269 yards before being pulled at the half. The real story of the day, though, was the Tiger defense that held Illinios to 91 yards of total offense on 40 plays and just 1 of 10 on third downs. The Tiger defense also forced 3 turnovers and stopped Illinios on a desperation 4th down late in the game.

Gabbert connected on passes of 10, 46, and 34 yards for TDs twice with TE Egnew and once with WR Woodland on a beautiful bubble pass you can see in the highlights. Backup QB true freshman Franklin added a rushing and passing TD before the half. TE/WR Egnew hauled in 3 TD passes catching 8 passes for 121 yards. WR Woodland also passes the 100 yard mark with 6 rections for 110 yards and 1 TD.

The running game saw higher then normal load as Missouri ran 20 times for 100 yards and 2 TDs, though the majority of runs came in the second half after the Tigers had a significant lead.

Next up the Tigers host their second straight Big Ten opponent in #11 Wisconson.

After the game Coach Osiris had this to say. " This was a huge win against a BCS conference rival and really legitimizes Missouri as a Big 12 contender. Our offense clicked and our defense dominated a good Big Ten offense. Gabbert ran the Raid with precision making all the right reads and it really showed In his performance. Three TDs and just under 300 yards in less then a half of play is outstanding. Guns Up!"

Offensive Player of the Game: Blaine Gabbert. 20 of 28 for 269 yards and 3 TDs in less then a half of play.
    Defensive Player of the Game: MLB Luke Lambert. 2 tackles, 1 for loss, 1 INT returned 24 yards, and 2 pass deflections.

Next up #11 Wisconsin.

10. egofailure

egofailure Sim habits die hard!

Jesus Christmas, guys, some of you dudes set the bar freakin' high. Please excuse my rather casual summary in Week 1. I'll be sure to step my game up in the weeks to follow. FYI: Of late, I've been deleting all the auto-pictures present at the ends of games and taking just one for my "cover article". I do this because I don't want to have to edit the game story on EA to get the cover photo I want and then seen B%i%g%W%i%n%! or something similar. Anyway, I forgot to take my freakin' picture after saving my videos.

Texas A&M defeated Northwestern this evening 45-38 in one of those crazy, EA-says-you-will-not-win-this-freakin'-thing type games. For those of you who have yet to play the Wildcats, they go No Huddle, which was bad news for the Aggies. Why? Well, first of all, we're not all that talented defensively, and by going no huddle, I was prevented from utilizing several of my situational packages.

Despite an annoying opening drive and score by the 'Cats, we did a pretty good job of preventing the big play. As a result, we went into the Half up 24-10 and feelin' pretty good, knowing we'd be receiving the ball at the start of the second. On the first play, Jerrod Johnson connected with his top WR, Jeff Fuller, on an out-route from the I-Formation (see highlight). The ball was thrown a second too early, but Jeff somehow made the grab, spun away from his defenders, and took it to the house. 31-10, Aggies!

And, um, well, that's when the fun ended.

On NW's very first play, the 'Cats connected on a deep score of their own on the very first play from scrimmage (see highlight). Playing the safety (who sucks), I helped on the coverage, but Trent Hunter's shitty speed and agility put me out of position and made it impossible for me to recover. 31-17.

The Wildcats then kicked off, stripped the ball, and scored again (see highlight). 31-24. And now it's a ballgame! A&M would re-group and put together a solid drive that ended with Johnson's 5th TD pass (see highlight). Johnson really had a near-perfect game in this one. I threw a bit more than I wanted to, but NW's extremely aggressive defense (always pressing, often 7/8 in the box) forced me to audible frequently. Still, there were no "all-out blitz, wide open receiver!" moments in this one. Play-action was extremely successful, as were the quick slants against the zone coverages. 38-24.

As I'm sure you noticed, I said Johnson had a near perfect game. After NU put together another annoying "nickle and dime" drive (on one third down, Persia fumbled, and the HB advanced the ball 6 yards for the 1st down), A&M again began to move the ball offensively. On 2nd and 1, I audibled to a PA out of the Tight I-Formation, but this time, one of NW's LB played Superman and tipped the ball, intercepted it, and returned it for a TD. 38-38.

Yeah, I was nervous. But a crafty screen play later, I was back in NW territory. I then began to eat clock and move the ball on the ground. But once on the 10, bam! Fumble! NW's got the ball again! Are you F'N kidding me! Haha, BUT luckily, after a booth replay, the call was overturned. Johnson shortly afterward, on 3rd down, took the option into the endzone for the final score. 45-38.

I haven't had one of these games in a while. It had a flukey feel to it. I'll def' lose a couple with this team (we're just not that good), but I don't expect to have a shootout like this for a while.

11. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Not a bad way to start a season. Stanford had this one wrapped up early, scoring 21 in the first quarter, one of those touchdowns coming on a beautiful fumble recovery by sophomore linebacker Shayne Skov. Skov jumped the pitch on a speed option play, snatching the ball out of the air and returning it 40 yards for the touchdown. The play is the front-runner for defensive play of the year, until someone manages to pull something nastier. The rest of the game was a lot of run and play defense. The Cardinal gave up a late touchdown once the second unit took over, but other than that, they were dominant, not that it means much against North Texas.

Offensive POG = FB Owen Marecic - 5 Car, 18 Yds, 3 TD
    Defensive POG = Shayne Skov - 3 Tkl, FF, FR, TD

12. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

Guns up!

Missouri beats #11 Wisconsin at home 44 - 17.

The Air Raid won out against a tough Wisconsin defense despite some misreads by QB Blaine Gabbert. Coach Osiris doesn't seem worried though. "It takes some time to learn the intricacy of the Air Raid. Blaine is doing a great job. Wisconsin really disguised there coverage well and Blaine was able to execute without turning over the ball." That isn't something Wisconsin can claim as they had 2 fumbles recovered by the Tigers and a pass intercepted. The Tiger defense once again showed up big holding the monster Wisconsin rushing attack under 100 yards and allowing only 4 of 13 third down conversions. Wisconsin made it a game before the half bringing the score from 10-0 to 20-17 with just under a minute left In the half. Gabbert only needed 30 seconds to pull Missouri away when he hit Gerau for 66 yard TD to end the half. The Tigers never looked back.

Offensive player of the game: WR Rolandis Woodland. 7 catches for 140 yards and 3 TDs.
    Defensive player of the game: CB Kip Edwards. 2 tackles and a fumble recovery returned 38 yards for a TD.

Game stats.
    Missouri ran 56 plays. 17 run and 39 pass. They had 17:37 TOP.
    402 total offensive yards. 15 first downs. 4-11 3rd down.
    Running 17 for 29 yards.
    Passing 22 of 39 for 373 yards and 4 TDs.

Wisconsin ran 56 plays. 26 run and 30 pass. They had 14:22 TOP.
    352 total offensive yards. 12 first downs. 4-13 3rd down. 1-2 fourth down.
    Running 26 for 97 yards and 2 TDs.
    Passing 17 of 30 for 255 yards.

13. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Nebraska Rolls in Matchup against the Vandals

The triple option is alive and well in Lincoln as the Huskers put it on display in a powerful fashion against the Idaho Vandals with a 63-7 victory. Seven Huskers carried the ball in this game, while not one of them was really dominante they all contributed to an offense that racked up over 300 yards rushing. Quarterbacks Taylor Martinez, and Zac Lee both had long runs on triple option plays that they read beautifully. Defensively the Huskers were pretty dominante as well. For the second straight week they posted two defensive touchdowns and played pretty exceptional defense. However, the level of competition is about to pick up for the Huskers and a true test of their ability will be forthcoming.

Players of the Week:
    Offense: Taylor Martinez 4 of 4 passing with 94 yards rushing.
    Defense: Mathew May another defensive touchdown along with several key tackles.

14. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Oklahoma State 54 - Troy 7
    This game looked like it was going to be close at the beginning when the game was tied going into the second quarter. Troy than scored first to take their first and only lead of the game 7-0. Everything went wrong for Troy after that as the Cowboys just dominated this game. They didn't even get a lot of yards offensively they just forced five turnovers and scored on a couple of those. Not a whole lot else to talk about with this game.​

Offensive Player of the Game: Freshman RB Jeremy Smith (101 yards rushing 2 TDs)​
    Defensive Player of the Game: Junior SS Markelle Martin (3 tackles, 1 sack, and a forced fumble)​

15. mikedredd

mikedredd Crop Life

[​IMG]
    The Trojans are enjoying a bye this week :thumbsup:

16. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

Cougars overcome 21 point 1st quarter deficit to hold off Air Force 35-28.

[​IMG]

The Brigham Young Cougars (2-0, 1-0 MWC) stormed back to defeat Air Force Falcons (0-2, 0-1 MWC) 35-28. Down 21-0 at the end of the first quarter, BYU was in serious trouble. But the defense picked up and intercepted 3 Air Force passes, turning the game in the Cougars favor.

BYU took the lead 28-21 when senior safety Andrew Rich returned an interception 66 yards for a touchdown. Air Force quickly came back to tie the game with 4:09 left. However, the 1 yard TD pass was the last offensive play of the game for the Falcons. BYU held the ball for the remainder of the game, and snagged the win with 9 seconds left, on a 2 yard run by fullback Zed Mendenhall.

Coach Redwings8831 commenting on the week 2 win, "Anytime you can go on the road and win in the conference, its huge. We know have to refocus and get ready for a huge test at Florida State".

Notable Statistics:
    Jake Heaps: 14 for 21, 239 yards, 1 interception. 4 attempts for 24 yards.
    Riley Nelson: 3 for 6, 30 yards, 1 touchdown.
    JJ Di Luigi: 19 attempts, 45 yards, 1 touchdown
    Bryan Kariya: 14 attempts, 54 yards, 1 touchdown.
    Zed Mendenhall: Game winning touchdown (2 yard run).
    Cody Hoffman: 5 receptions for 91 yards.
    Richard Wison: 2 receptions for 62 yards.
    Luke Ashworth: 3 receptions for 27 yards, 1 touchdown.

Jameson Frazier: 7 tackles
    Shane Hunter: 5 tackles
    Jordan Atkinson: 4 tackles
    Brandon Bradley: 4 tackles
    Brian Logan: 3 tackles, 2 interceptions
    Andrew Rich: 2 tackles, 66 yard interception return for touchdown/

Mitch Payne: Missed a 43 yard field goal attempt, 3 punts with an average of 40.6

Players of the Game:
    Offensive - Combined rushing performance: 40 attempts for 131 yards, 3 touchdowns.
    Defensive - Senior strong safety Andrew Rich with 66 yard interception that gave the Cougars their first lead of the game, 28-21.
    Special Teams - N/A

Next Week:
    The Cougars travel to Tallahassee, Florida to do battle with the #20 Florida State Seminoles. The Falcons go to Oklahoma to face the #15 Sooners.

17. the_rhinoceros

the_rhinoceros Walk On

Boise St 51
    Va Tech 14

Boise dominates in rainy Blacksburg

The Broncos dominated both sides of the ball today in a route over #7 Virgina Tech. The Broncos recovered a fumble on the first drive of the game, but Boise Kicker Brotzman missed a 19 yard field goal. But the Bronco defense hunkered down and picked off Tyrod Taylor on the next possession.

Va Tech answered on an option play when back-up QB Logan Thomas broke several tackles and rumbled 65 yards to pay dirt. The score was tied at 7 after the 1st quarter.

Then the Boise defense really stepped up. Tyrod Taylor came back in the game and the Broncos held him to only 6 completions on the day. When Kellen Moore hit Austin Pettis for a 19 yard TD, the Broncos never looked back. Boise had great field position on all three possessions in the 2nd quarter and extended the lead to 24-7 at the half.

Boise took the kick-off to start the 3rd quarter and managed a field goal.

The scrubs came in to start the 4th Quarter and even they ran all over the Hokies with QB Joe Southwick connecting with Freshman TE Gabe Linehan for a 38 yard TD pass. Boise also added TD runs of 17 and 47 yards in garbage time.

"Today our defense played like mean, black-hearted uglies. And we were efficient offensively." Coach Burt "The Rhino" Rinaldi said after the game. "We came in here and punched them in the kisser. It's a good win. I told our boys they got 20 minutes to enjoy it. Then start getting ready for Army."

Players of the game:

QB Kellen Moore, 19 of 25, 218 yards, 3 TD
    FS Greg Iloka, 4 tkls, forced fumble

18. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Tcu earns another win.... Will post summary tonight

19. bdub

bdub Walk On

UTAH 28 UNLV 16
    In the Utes 1st MWC game of the year Utah took care of UNLV easily coasting to the win without really even trying. Getting off to a fast start the Utes scored 2 quick touchdowns in the 1st quarter and added another in the 3rd and 4th quarters while holding the Rebels to only 16 points, 13 of those points scored on the 2nd team in the fourth quarter.
    The Utes 2-0, 1-0 in conference play travel to Reno to take on Nevada who is currently 0-1 for the season.
    Offensive Player of The Game - RB Eddie Wide 121 yards and 1 TD on 19 carries.
    Defensive Play of The Game - CB Brandon Burton 4 tackles and 1 forced fumble.

20. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Some nice games this week gents...good work on the summaries. That BYU game looks like it was a thriller.

21. Archie Griffin

Archie Griffin Walk On

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It was a frustrating day for the Cardinal. Coach Griffin, who is known for playing a very conservative kind of ball control offense, hates nothing more than turnovers. So, when his star quarterback gets knocked out of the game in the first quarter, and his team loses four fumbles on the day, and turns it over on an interception as well, you can imagine the damage done to various household items.

But there was an upside. The Cardinal defense played a stellar game. They were asked time and again to flip momentum in the game by making stops in bad situations, and more often than not, that's exactly what they did. All but one of the Stanford turnovers were followed by three-and-out performances by the defense. As a result, very little damage was done, and Stanford pulled away late on the strength of some solid power running.

Offensive POG = HB Stephan Taylor - 20 Carries, 122 Yards, 2 TD
    Defensive POG = MLB Shayne Skov - 7 Solo Tackles, 1 Forced Fumble

22. carolinaeasy

carolinaeasy Walk On

Throw your summaries in here.

23. redwings8831

redwings8831 Walk On

I saw this thread so I went to play my game and then realized you haven't advanced yet. :confused:

24. whales30

whales30 Walk On

Me too lol

25. OsirisMonster

OsirisMonster Walk On

#24 Missouri 41 - San Diego State 7

Defense, defense, defense. The Missouri defense stifled a good San Diego State offense holding them to just 32 yards of total offense and just 1 first down all game. DE Aldon Smith recorded 2 sacks on the night and Missouri coasted to a 41-7 win.

On offense the Tigers had problems early when the San Diego State defense confused QB Blaine Gabbert and forced him to throw his first two picks of the season, one returned 67 yards for a TD early in the 2nd quarter to tie the game 7-7. After that, though, Gabbert figured out the defense and Missouri rolled off 34 unanswered points to route the Aztecs. Gabbert completed 28 of 44 passes for 354 yards and 3 TDs on the night.

Guns Up!

Offensive Player of the Game: Blaine Gabbert. 28 of 44 for 354 yards 3 TDs and 2 INTs.
    Defensive Player of the Game: DE Alton Smith. 4 tackles and 2 sacks.

Game Stats:
    Missouri ran 66 plays (48 pass and 18 run)
    Passing 30 of 48 for 376 yards
    Rushing 18 for 24 yards

San Diego State ran 42 plays (20 pass and 22 run)
    Passing 4 of 20 for 32 yards
    Rushing 22 for 0 yards.