Archiving

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Keller, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Archiving

So, in my impatient waiting for NCAA 11 to drop, I've been reflecting on some old leagues of mine. One of the things I remember discussing with other owners was that we wish we could have archived all of the happenings in our league over the course of the 8 seasons we played.

Granted, NCAA 11 is going to do some of this for us but my expectation is it will not keep track of everything we may want to go back and look at. Considering the amount of leagues I'm playing in, I may or may not have the time to do all of this type of legwork myself so I was hoping someone would volunteer. As far as what to archive, it will obviously chiefly depend on what NCAA 11 does and anything else well, its up for discussion. I do think it would be nice to get a stickied thread for each season to include everything in, separate from the NCAA 11 page.

What do you guys think? I could just be going crazy in anticipation of the game but I think its a good idea. Plus if its on the forum then everyone from TF will get a chance to look at it as well.

As far as what types of things to track, I'll start rambling all the things I can think of off the top of my head.

Award winners (Heisman etc)
    Top 25 polls
    User voted power rankings (Something like beginning middle and end of year)
    User voted Awards (Heisman etc)
    User record (PvP record as well) We could also have a cumulative total as well.

Any type of stat tracking...
    Team Offense YPG or Rank
    Team Defense YPG or Rank
    Team Off Scoring PPG or Rank
    Team Def Scoring PPG or Rank
    Passing ypg, rushing ypg

As far as individual stats, I don't know how involved we would want to get with that.

Anyone else have some ideas?

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

Ive done this in the Legacy. I have some of the most detailed archives for results and records. It was ALOT of work but worth it

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Can you give us a link or template or something to work off of?

4. Hova

5. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I like this idea quite a bit. I wouldn't want to take on the responsibility on my own, but I would be more than willing to do it along with one or two other people.

6. Hova

Ya I am all history'd out after that project lol. I will have enough on my hands just keeping those updated

7. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Haha understandable. Well if someone wants to co-author them with me I'd definitely be up for it.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

I already planned on doing some of that stuff but if people want to volunteer to do things that would be great

9. bigrice25

bigrice25 Walk On

Hova that looks Great man!! looks like that took some time, i especially like the hall of fame thing,

i would be willing to help out, but i dont think i could go really heavy in on it.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Here is what I have done for the Deuce.

http://www.traditionfootball.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3002

Ignore the first several posts, I need to clean those up. Still have to back through and link the rest of the recruiting classes. Also have two more seasons worth of info I have to put up before the launch of the next game...

11. Masler

Masler Moderator

Thanks for the ideas Hov and Drifter! Pretty helpful

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Mas I'll help you out with this stuff for sure, just let me know what you want done.

13. Masler

Masler Moderator

I will, I just have to figure out what all i want done.