Are any of you upset about not being able to edit rosters?

Discussion in 'Madden NFL Football' started by ItsAllAboutTheU, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

Personally, it doesn't bother me that much but on one of the other Madden boards I browse there are many people who, despite all the new changes to the game this year, seem to only be complaining about not being able to edit their rosters. I haven't really seen anything about editing rosters here so I thought I'd go ahead and ask: What is the opinion of TSO on this issue?

2. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    You have to take the bad with the good. Would I love to edit rosters?! Yea I would...but

I love all the changes they are making. What gets me is how many people want fantasy drafts.

3. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

I am not upset.

4. WillisFaithful

WillisFaithful Walk On

No .. but they have every right to be ..

5. PAgamer07

PAgamer07 We're the ship without a storm

Can't you edit them before starting the CCM? If so... I dont see what the problem is.

6. WillisFaithful

WillisFaithful Walk On

You can but you can't bring those rosters in CCM ..

7. JohnnyClutch

JohnnyClutch They only hear my truth

You can but they can't be used in the CCM.

8. Corey Haggard

Corey Haggard Walk On

Not really upset, but it seems lame.

9. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
  10. Kidofcrash23

Kidofcrash23 Walk On

Upset as much as i was upset when they removed the weapons icon..

11. ItsAllAboutTheU

ItsAllAboutTheU Walk On

I guess I was right in assuming that the people here would share my feelings and not be as upset about it.

12. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

For me personally I loved that the ability to edit rosters was added for Madden 12. That meant that progression couldn't do something stupid when a 28yr old had a fantastic year yet regressed like 4 points.

Now that progression has had a complete overhaul and you can control how you want guys to progress - I couldn't give a damn about editing rosters. The new progression system is the key.

• Like Like x 1
  13. jpdavis1982

jpdavis1982 Walk On

Exactly, I think when most people first heard about this they were concerned based on how progression didn't work in Madden 12. Now that progression has been fixed I don't see why it's a big deal to not be able to edit rosters, unless you are an equipment junkie and HAVE to give your players certain helmets, gloves, facemasks, etc...

14. CM Hooe

CM Hooe Walk On

The only thing that really bugs me is the inability to change jersey number assignments. The thought of some reserve cornerback wearing Emmitt's #22 on my Cowboys bugs me more than a little bit.

That said, this will only minimally affect my enjoyment of CCM. There's too much good stuff happening here to get hung up on one omission.

• Like Like x 2
  15. ElectrifiedZombies

ElectrifiedZombies Walk On

no not really didnt really edit rosters left people the way they were not much into changing people to what i think they should be every once in awhile i might give someone better catch or speed if they were really low in madden and real life they were a beast in a certain catergory but other than that not really sad at all

16. charter04

charter04 Walk On

I'm with CM Hooe. I just wish we could change jersey numbers. Everything else is fine because we control progression. I just hate the thought of signing a player who is known for having a certain number and it being changed to something weird just because you already have a player with that number. Like a CB who wears 22 and then its switched to 47. The only other grip would be not being able to change their positions. But, with sooooo many great changes these are pretty small gripe's really

17. BlyGilmore

BlyGilmore It's All In The Hips!

certainly seems to be a step back and one of those things that should be written under the "standard stuff we can't remove" column.

editing ratings and stuff? not a big deal. not being able to edit numbers and equipment? pretty big deal IMO - especially in a year that seems to be all about immersion.

• Like Like x 2
  18. DerkontheXbox

DerkontheXbox Walk On

It doesn't bother me that much.... Except if I am switching my defense from a 4-3 to a 3-4(or 3-4 to 4-3), what am I supposed to do with my defensive ends? Just put them as my starting outside linebackers on my depth chart?

19. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Color me mildly disappointed, but in no way shape or form is this a gamechanger.

20. tonny

tonny Walk On

I am not upset actually.

21. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Honestly? Fiddling around with the players gear was one of my favorite features in the game, I spent so much time in offline mode changing the look about the rookies because I felt like they always looked so dumb. Am I upset? No. Disappointed? A little, I mean I loved that feature and I liked making players look cool but it won't bother me that much since they have made so many great moves in the right direction.

22. MarcR

MarcR Walk On

I have no problem with it,in my entire life I can honestly say I have never edited a roster. (the exception being my franchise team)

23. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

No I think everyone is just overreacting to this. You can't edit your players in real life so why in game? Now if they gave me the ability to change equipment then it would be perfect.

24. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

The thing that needs to be addressed if they won't allow for user editing is weekly roster updating to be more in depth and realistic. It took until like the end of the season for them to bump players like Victor Cruz and stuff so it is kind of frustrating when certain players pan out super well in real life but still suck in Madden.

25. mooseboyj

mooseboyj Walk On

I thought they addressed this by allowing weekly,monthly, or annual depth chart progression? Isn't that what Looman said?