Are FBs interested in your school?

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by jello1717, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I've been doing some experimenting with recruiting and one of the things I'm trying is to get FBs to be interested in my school. In 5 recruiting classes in this OD, 11 in my offline, and now 10 classes so far in my current testing there have been exactly 0 FBs ever interested in my school. This includes the years (like the 10 classes with my current testing) when I return 0 FBs.

In my current test recruiting class, there are 60 FBs available, including 3 from my home state of Michigan, and 28!!!! from pipeline states. Half of the available FBs in the country are from a pipeline state, and yet, not 1 has me in their top 10.

FB is the only position for which I have this problem. I've tried everything I can think of to get them interested, but nothing works. That being said, while writing this, I figured out why that is (which is yet another stupid design decision by EA). The reason is because high prestige schools only have higher prestige recruits interested in their school. In my current test class there is not 1 guy below a :3stars: that wants to come to Michigan (because, of course, I, as a 6* school, wouldn't want some lowly :2stars: kid). The problem with this is that every FB is either a :2stars: (which is an uber superstar and very rare) or :1stars: . Because of that, I'm assuming that JCspartan2, blLL flo, and dakota7 also never have FBs initially interested. Is that correct guys? I'm also assuming that Masler, edge7771, and you other :5stars: guys don't have FBs interested either (except for maybe that rare :2stars: guy). Is that correct?

Thanx.

2. jello1717

I think I should go the UofCWildcat route and knock myself down to a :4stars: school so I can sign some FBs!

3. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

I never have FBs interested, hell, I never have anyone interested.

In any event, I will be switching playbooks next year, perhaps to a singleback set as I am a bit bored with the pro set. Not only will this resolve my FB concerns, I believe it will make jello1717 proud :)

4. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I have not had any FBs interested in me during the dynasty. The one I have on my roster was a JUCO that I just poured 60 minutes into every week until I got in his top 10 and he finally signed. I also run the a custom Purdue PB and that is considered "spread" by the game, so I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

5. Masler

Masler Moderator

I usually have a couple FB interested in me per year, but never #1 on their list. More like #5 or below.

6. jello1717

This kinda hurts my theory that they don't like me because I'm too high of a prestige.

And your singleback pb won't make me proud. Run 99% of your plays out of the SG or pistol and then I'll be proud.

7. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I have had fullbacks interested and have signed a couple of good ones, but I believe I had needs at the position both years that I signed them. I haven't had a need the past 2 years and haven't had much interest from them. Have you had a need there? I think the biggest factor is having an actual need. I think running a spread system, like you do, results in less interest from that position, as well.

8. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

In Night Owls, I have run the Duke playbook every season, which is considered a Pistol system and I never have fullbacks interested in me. I started as Tulane, a 1 star and now I'm Cincinnati, which I just got to a 3 star.

9. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I never have any FBs interested from the start, but if I really need one I just offer scholarships to a bunch of them and then sometimes I get some interest. I usually end up having to convert a TE. Rarely do I find ATHs that fit the mold and that surprises me. I would figure that there are a lot of LB/FB prospects out there that could get the ATH tag.

10. Dwreck

Dwreck Walk On

I do think the playbook you select in the coaches info section has a lot to do with who is interested in your school. That might explain the FB conundrum.

11. jello1717

Yes I've had needs. In my experimenting, I only have 2 SRs so I return 0 FBs. I figured it was due to the pb so I tried using an option pb (which has the biggest need for FBs) and even with an option pb and returning 0 FBs, I've never had any interest, including the example above with 60 FBs, 3 from MI, and 28 from pipelines.

So since your 6* Badgers get interest from 1* or 2* FBs, do you have interest from other 1 or 2*s? I never get any interest from such low caliber interest which is what made me believe that's why I didn't get FB interest.

12. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I had a few interested our first couple seasons but none since, regardless of need.

13. jello1717

That would support my theory that 6* schools will never have 2* or 1* kids interested (which is what all FBs are).

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I've seen a 5 star ATH who turned out to be (or is gonna turn out to be i should say) a fullback. Crazy shit

15. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

FB was a position of need for me last season.
    I believe the one I signed was initially a 1 or 2 rank in interest for me.

The FB was Ryan Arnold..a :1stars:prospect at #4 for FB's. He started at a 78 overall this season.

16. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I've seen that a couple times as well.