Are we set with this being the last season?

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by weblink21, Jun 1, 2010.

1. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Are we set with this being the last season?

I am just curious. We are now in week 7. By my count we have 10 weeks before Madden 11 comes out. Plus, I would assume that we wont be able to start a new season right away. I could be wrong about that, but I was thinking franchise set up, it would take a few people a little time to get them game and then there could be bugs in the game. Is there def no chance for one more?

2. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

I think we should attempt to go as long as possible but give people the option to take a break if they want. I think the idea of this being the last season is having guys fizzle off.

3. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

What do you mean Frisk? I am not sure what you mean by go as long as possible, and the part about giving people the option of taking a break.

4. natedawg212000

BTW, this is the last season only because people aren't trying to get their games in. It still counts and it still matters. We will probably have a down time of a week or two while people get the new game and we test everything out and figure out what the new game has and doesn't have.

5. Emmdotfrisk

Emmdotfrisk Working half days on my days off.

what if we give guys the option to continue if they want. Those who dont want to continue will still have their spot, but their teams will be CPU or we can bring in new members as a trial run as long as they know they will be kicked to the wait list when 2011 comes out.

6. natedawg212000

I know that we agree that we won't close shop at all, we just keep rolling and figure it out on the run. I dont want, but I wouldn't be against allowing teams to let their team set to CPU but it's not my first choice. I could be talked into, but not too hip on allowing new guys in on a 'trial' run, but we can discuss it.

7. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I dont know if anyone would be interested in this idea but here goes.

Same advance schedule but every other week all games will be straight sim until playoffs.

I havent done the math but I bet that gets us finishing season 4 around same time 11 comes out.

Or we can go with a 3-4 day advance and owners can just elect to let CPU play for them if they cant keep up with schedule.

Thoughts?

8. natedawg212000

both are ideas we could play with. one thing, it sure would be interesting! LOL There's also the idea of some kinda round robin type deal, but the problem is a lot of guys won't make their teams.

9. Jeremy

Doing a play one and sim 1 or 2 would be very interesting. Maybe allow owners who arent as strong to actually make playoffs and win a title.

10. natedawg212000

would be cool - would need an "*" next to their championship though LOL

11. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

I want a "*" next to my championship. lol

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

If we are talking about starting to sim every other this week THIS season, I am pretty much 100% against that. I finally have a team that I feel great about, and now we are talking about just mailing it in basically. Sorry I'm a no go for that. I'll just sit it out if you guys decide to go that rate.

How about this, we complete this season as normal, then we create a big tournament (with a trophy awarded) for everybody that will fill the gap. I can create a double elimination tournament, OR I can create a 'World Cup' style round robin + tournament that would be cool. I think guys would get really excited for this, especially if there is a cool trophy involved!

13. natedawg212000

this season will finish like normal, this discussion is for seasons after this one.

My issue with a 'round robin' deal is people will have to create their teams.

What if we done a offseason like normal...and then guys who WANTED could create their teams after another offseason for a 'round robin' type world cup tourney?

14. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

Alot of guys might be too lazy to create their own teams. And will it be held to a strict standard of having replicated rosters?

I like the idea of 'filling to gap' instead of having a pointless season which would or should end in august. I mean if its scheduled to go to october you know most people would want to play 11 and would be playing 11 instead of 10.

Also if you cut the season off half way through, and everyone knew about it.. it would be pointless to try.

Id suggest filling the gap with the teams that everyone is now (or the teams they are supposed to switch with (aka me to the fins)).. these rosters will NEARLY replicate those of madden 11 and they have been updated which the franchises hasnt been since week 2.

Everyone use the set online rosters and plays this tourney. I know that would not replicate the work each owner has put in to make his team what it is now... but also makes it a different playing field and makes madden 11 seem much more the same roster wise.

15. Jeremy

Or somekind of blind team draw tourney.