Are you happy with the team you selected for 2011?

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by jms493, Mar 4, 2011.

1. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

For those us of that have been here since July 2010 are you happy with your team selection?

I was first to pick so I really had the pick of the litter. I always liked Wisconsin and the Big Ten.....I also liked that they had John Clay and solid squad from the start [​IMG]. Recruiting has had its ups and downs. Which is good IMO. I just think I am spoiled from the last 2 games where your can nab any recruits. Now you have good, bad and average classes. It makes the game much more strategic and more involving. Not as fun to have a 90+ OVR at every position. Although most us are striving for that!

Overall I am happy with The Badgers and have grown to like them. I like having an identity of a gritty run and grind it out team....though never afraid to throw down field when needed. I always try to keep a beefy O-Line therefore I can continue the run first game plan.

The other team I was contemplating was Cal...love the unis and stadium!

2. BRUCE80

BRUCE80 Let the dirt just shower over you..

Love UCLA, been a fan since I was a kid. LA LAKERS, LA RAMS, UCLA and the Dodgers..In reality my fav team to play with in this sort of thing would be. So yes I love it here... and would choose (or trade) for them again if given the chance.

1. Michigan
    2. UCLA
    3. UT
    4. The U

The reason I love UCLA is the Rose Bowl and as a kid I just liked the school, BBALL history and all that...then mix into that a Cal recruiting pipeline and thats not so bad...

Crazy thing is my team is all over the board on players home states now. I have a lot of CAL and Texas players as those are my only two pipeline states but the Bruins have players from everywhere.

3. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Given that I had last pick, I guess I'm happy with Purdue. Getting recruits was tough going for the first 3-4 seasons as I just had a major disadvantage of being Purdue battling with Big 10 powerhouses as well as national powerhouses. I had great pipelines to start with (FL, GA, TX, OH) but being a 3 star team to begin with I couldn't really do much with it. I love the unis, liked the stadium, so I was happy with that at the beginning. I always wonder what my success would have been if I had the opportunity to play with a better team from the start. I never got to enjoy a B+ rated team all year. At the end of the day I did my best with what I had.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

It's somewhat odd that with the advent of the team intros and things of that nature... That in the end, NCAA 11 to me is the game with the LEAST amount of atmosphere of any game I can remember. Did Corso really add that much to the game??? I don't think so!....

And for that reason, although I like the Huskies in real life, AND won a title early our NCAA 11 cycle... Meh... I really don't care either way. I would say it's a horrible recruiting school but I get owned in recruiting every year in this league so I don't think it's that. But at the same time, I didn't get much enjoyment out of playing with my favorite team, because other than the uniforms there's nothing about playing with the team that really brings back any childhood memories or anything... Just "smeh"

5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Yeah considering I had the top pick, I went with a school that wasn't a 5 star (unlike JMS ;)) and someone that's local to me. I went to NJIT and Rutgers Newark was across the street...and I always wanted to run a team from where I grew up from.

Initially it had all the keys I wanted...Good enough QB and beastly WR's...I didn't know Rutgers had two top WR's but there they were...Sanu and Harrison. Unfortunately, two things happened...I coulda won the title off the bat but was on vaca with no damn internet :( and two, the glitch where I happened to lose said QB and WR's...robbed me of a potential senior year with those guys. It led to that year where I had to deal with Steve the left Shimko and his shotty passing. It led to the Sims era and that's been well documented by myself lately ;).

As far as the recruits, it hurts that my own damn state of NJ isn't a pipeline despite me having more than the required amount to have a pepeline state there. I've been recruiting like I always been...just mediocre. I began to learn what I need most...I concetrate on the lines...and I've been having one of the better defensive lines in T1 while my offensive line, I've managed to keep young, good and churning out good players there. The skill players I don't get the best but I've learned that at RB, I don't necessarily need a stud there but someone who can break it with good speed....that I need a top notch QB, and some good WR's/TE...and that my secondary can at least cover more than they can't. For the most part I've been below par in terms of talent at the RB/LB positions but I try to recruit guys with high acceleration and good/great speed on both sides of the ball. I try to play an aggressive defense as well as offense and it's helped me well. So now I don't mind not getting the top recruits as much as I did when I was struggling to get them.

6. DJ Rhude

DJ Rhude CAMAR'E

That pipeline glitch is a pisser

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    yeah and it's crazy...I have FLA as a pipeline but I still don't get the top recruits from that state interested in me. I get 5-stars wanting to play for Rutgers but they from non-pipeline states

8. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Dude you've won three titles.

9. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

I hope I will be allowed to stay on board when 12 drops, I really like how active everyone is and that everyone participates. I like seeing guys not taking teams like OSU and UT. What were the guidelines when you chose teams?

10. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

That you couldn't choose those teams.

I think most are in agreement they wanna take whoever they want this next time though.

11. jfosh

jfosh Super

Heillisan has his eye on SDSU

12. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

It's so damn hard to find a league that allows someone to be notre dame. If you guys allow me to stay on for 12 I hope that wouldn't be a problem. I really like the level of competition here even though I've gotten spanked every game so far.