Are you having fun on All-pro?

Discussion in 'The Baseline : NBA 2K14 Online Association' started by bringbackjimmy, Jun 25, 2012.

?

Are you Having fun

1. yes

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  2. no

5 vote(s)
    71.4%
  1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I am just curious if you guys are having any fun on All-pro. I for one am not liking this one bit. I don't mind losing, but getting my ass kicked every game because the cpu goes on MJ mode is not fun.

2. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

I wasn't at first but I'm coming around. I finally got a win against the Sixers last night.

3. Timpegoose

Timpegoose Walk On

Yes, I love it. It punishes you for playing too fast all the time, and it feels like momentum is more of a factor. Maybe its just me, but I feel like the cpu will go on a run, and then I'll go on a run to answer it. If I start pushing and forcing things, they'll absolutely dominate me... Which is realistic IMO. Guys making the tough shots can be frustrating at times, but I haven't seen any out of the ordinary shooting percentages in my games at least. Other than the Rockets absolutely going off from behind the arc against me, but I feel like that can happen on any given night in the NBA as well.

4. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I'm on the fence on this one. Honestly, i'm not having fun against the CPU. However, I don't wan't to play on pro if guys never lose to the CPU. I wasn't here for earlier versions of this league, so I have to ask. Could the CPU get a win on pro? As for all-pro, it frustrates me because it's so cheap. I don't mind losing, but I can't stand feeling cheated. I often feel like I'm playing a cheeser online. Most possessions, the CPU spends the whole shot clock doing iso dribble moves trying to drive. Then they throw up a contested shot and it still goes in. I'm running plays, and getting open looks and can't keep up. I know my players shots, so it's not a product of that. When that's not happening, the CPU drives into traffic, throws up a double pump lay up and gets the bucket and/or the foul. I drive with no real contest by the d and miss. The shooting percentages are never drastic, because after the CPU shoots 70% for a quarter or half and gone up 15 or 20, they'll miss a bunch of shots. I pull within 6 or 8, and the CPU finishes at 48% or so, but I'm never back in the game. I am damn good at this game, so this isn't a product of lack of skill. It's just cheap b.s. I honestly don't know what to do. For the vast majority of my defensive plays, there is nothing I could do better. I make the CPU take a difficult shot, it's contested, and often it's a player who is not very good offensively, yet the shot goes in anyway. On offense, I run my plays and get great, open shots yet I still miss too many. Rarely do I get foul calls, especially when compared to the CPU.

5. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm not really a fan of All-Star. Offensively, I feel like the shot percentages on the truly wide open, in rhythm shots is too low. Missing is fine, but I've seen 0-10 and more streaks on clean, wide open looks within the offense.

Defensively, the coaching adjustments are much less effective IMO. The CPU (especially PGs) seem to do what they want, when they want too much of the time . And the late, contested shots by the CPU are far too prevalent.

Overall its definitely a delicate balance--you dont want users winning every game vs. the CPU, but at the same time, it seems like on AS everyone is well under .500 vs. the CPU which isn't the most fun either.

6. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I did a little research in my last game versus the Heat. I turned on both the shot timing feedback and the shot quality feedback. The shot timing told me what I already know. I know all my players shots. Every shot was in the green, which means I had at least good timing. To take it a step further, when I look at my release grade for all the games I've played on 2k12, I have an A. I have a perfect release 90% of the time, so my poor shooting percentages are not reflective of my skills. Now when I looked at the shot quality for the game I saw some more bullish. Almost all of my shots were C+ or above. I only had four or five D's or F's, and those came on drives were I felt they should have called a foul. The Heat had way more shots that were D's or F's yet they out shot me 53% to 44%. Another thing I noticed is shots taken by me that were given a quality grade of a C+ when taken by the Heat in almost the exact same situations were given a B or B+. So despite near perfect shot timing, better shot quality, and Melo dropping 48, I never got any closer than four points the entire game.

7. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

if your playing on default, yeah the cpu hardly misses their shots. you should try all-pro with simulation, plays better with more shots missed by the cpu.

8. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

That's the problem. Unless they patched it, and to my knowledge they haven't. You can't adjust sliders in online leagues. All you can do is change the difficulty. Default is locked and there's no changing it.

9. bamagrad

bamagrad Back to Back British Amateur Champion

Locked for the season?? or do u have the option of changing it when the season/finals end

10. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

Changing the sliders is not an option available for online leagues at all. Hopefully, they change this for 13.

11. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

As illmatic said, sliders do not exist on Online Association.

12. RyanC

RyanC Walk On

All star can go fuck itself. I am done playing any CPU games. They aren't any fun whatsoever.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Bondzai

I think we can all admit that this latest version of the Baseline is a fail. I chalk it up to lessons learned.

14. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

So are we going to restart on pro, or call it a year?

15. Bondzai

I think at this point any more restarts are a waste of time.

16. Dru50

Dru50 Still Chicago's #1 son

FANTASY DRAFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. Bondzai

Ok, but you are running it. :)

18. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

i don't think its a waste of time esp. on fast we have played a week and already almost in Jan.. if we get it up we can still get through a few seasons..

19. Bondzai

Let me rephrase. I won't be doing another restart.

20. dj illmatic 23

dj illmatic 23 Walk On

I agree. I'm down to start over on pro. I guess we can get a head count, and go from there.

21. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

its only a week from the last restart

22. Bondzai

And I'm not really into this one either.

23. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Are you guys still doing a league? I'm getting a new 2k disk tomorrow

24. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

not at the moment

25. CalebMackie

CalebMackie Easy like Sunday morning

Yall should do a fantasy draft

• Like Like x 1