Are You???

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by GoGators, Nov 2, 2010.

?

Are you using aggressive gameplans or straight pass/run commit?

1. Yes

66.7%
  2. No

33.3%
  1. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Are you guys using straight up pass/run commit or the aggressive gameplan features? I recall the final ruling as quoted by Shaun "feel free to use them, but don't be a douche."

My intent for starting this thread is just to see if it's common place to use these or not. I personally use key WR when I feel it's appropriate and I'll use a couple conservative features when necessary. (to please Basis though I rarely use conservative catching/running. just for you my lesbian lover)

I've played maybe 4 of the guys in this league and have only encountered one person that's used aggressive gameplan and straight pass/run commit at times. Now just to be clear, I'm not complaining about it since it's explicitly in the rules that they can be used.

I'm just asking cause imo, it's kind of weird when majority of the guys you play don't use it then one does. I guess what I'm after here, is if a heavy majority of the league doesn't use these features, then maybe the rule should be to only allow conservative and key WR. But I can only speak from my experience so I'm asking for your guys' input.

Discuss.

I'll add a poll too so this can be tracked.

Also, I'm not trying to start anything here or point fingers. I'm just curious and think it'd be more fair to everyone in the league if we were all playing on the same page.

2. Hova

Hova Live Action. YiYiYi!

I use no aggressive gameplans. I use key WR and Pass commit on 3rd down pass plays

3. GoGators

Damnit Hova, than you voted wrong! And it's election day for crying out loud. Do you live in Florida???

If you use pass commit you should of voted yes, even if it is just on 3rd downs.

To clarify, since I can't edit the polls:

Yes - you use aggressive gameplans and pass/run commit in certain situations.

No - you don't use aggressive gameplans and the only key feature you use is key the WR.

4. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    These are the ones I use but rarely, mostly i use conservative run and tackling.

5. Hova

I have not voted at all, ha!

6. Hova

If you click on votes you can see who voted for what

7. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    I voted yes because boolean algebra tells me I had to. Seriously, that's why.

8. Masler

Masler Moderator

Damn I voted before I read everything

I only use Pass Commit if I am sure it is a passing situation. I never use aggressive, just causes trouble for my defense.

9. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

I have two totally different philosophies against users and cpu:

USERS
    - Pass commit yes
    - Aggressive things yes
    - Conservative things yes
    - Run commit NEVER
    - Aggressive D-Line NEVER

CPU
    - Pass commit NO
    - Run commit NO
    - Aggressive things NO
    - Conservative things yes

The difference being that users can adjust, whereas the CPU is retarded. I flip things off an on against users and never leave one thing on for the entire game.

I also voted correctly, both in real life and in this poll.

10. Masler

Masler Moderator

I agree with Basis especially with the Run Commit vs Users (and CPU for that matter)...shit never works, used it once and the damn HB ran for a TD.

11. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    If anyone voted no in this, they are obviously not a programmer.:)

For example, when my wife asks: "Would you like Dr. Pepper or Pepsi?", I respond, "Yes" if I am thirsty.

12. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

Conservative is the only option I ever use. This is typically when I am ahead and looking to close out a game.

13. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I'll use pass commit against a user on 3rd and long. I usually never change anything in the game plan vs a user.

Against the CPU I will use conservative tackling at times, and also pass commit.

14. GoGators

So with the voting at 5-2, since Hova voted incorrectly, it would appear that I'm the weirdo that doesn't use these things.....yet I'm still 12-0. Huh....guess I'll have a new wrinkle to add to the ole defense going forward :)

15. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

I only use pass commit on 3rd down passing situations, and even then I barely use it. Don't use anything else.

16. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I use pass commit when I think my opponent is passing. To be clear, when I play a spread team, I probably use it more than if I was playing a pro-style.

I hardly ever use run commit. I think the first time I used it was against gators the other night, when you were trying to run out the clock under 2 minutes.

I don't use aggressive anymore. I used aggressive d-line once in awhile season 1 and 2, but found that I was jumping offsides too much, so I scrapped it. I'm not sure why you thought I was using the other night gators, I don't remember getting offsides calls and only had 2 penalties the whole game.

I use conservative features, particularly strip ball. I hate facemask penalties.

17. Shaun Mason

Featured Threads:
    I am pretty sparing with the gameplanning features, but I have used all of them at one point or another.

I don't call run commit anymore because I swear they run a sweep every time I do.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

So you voted wrong in your own poll? Key WR = pass commit, and conservative features = gameplanning!

So in reality, everyone uses them in some form except Suge.

Suge, you may want to get with the times. :D

19. GoGators

You gotta read between the lines!

In my next post I noted that I should of clarified the answer options more but couldn't edit the poll once it was posted. I was looking at it as run/pass commit as straight up run/pass commit, not key WR. And I was looking at gameplanning as using the aggressive settings as a yes vote. Maybe it's weird, but those are the rules that we've had in all the leagues I've played in here so that just seems like the norm to me.

@ Dakota, I swear you got +3 strategy points for jump snap on a QB sack the other night, but maybe I'm mistaken. Also, there were two times in the first quarter where your D-line jumped into the neutral zone on a fake snap call which I've never seen in any other user vs user games. Again though, it's within the rules and clearly as this poll has pointed out, I've used these things much less liberally than others. No worries.