ARIZONA @ MN Vikings

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by CWT 3000, Oct 27, 2010.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Sep 4, 2010
    Wow what a crazy game. I thought I was dead in the water after Favre threw to a wide open reciever and missed by 10 yards and ended up getting picked on the goal line in the 4th Qtr. Arizona was already ahead 17-21 at this point. Now this is where it gets interesting. Arizona has the ball in MN territory and calls (corect me if Im wrong Sibellius) a run play, possibly a toss. I called Man- 2 Under, where the OLB comes on a blitz. SO both teams come to the line and Lienart hikes the ball and attempts to toss the ball to Wells, but Greenway steps in between them both and faster than you can say BOOM- grabs it mid-air and runs untouched for the game winning TD with 3 1/2 minutes left. I honestly have never seen a toss picked off like that (looks like it officially was ruled a fumble, but it never hit the ground). Talk about calling the right play! Arizona got the ball back and this time Leinart throws a INT to Webster, but it's not over yet. I thought I picked a run play, but a few beers caused me to actually call a pass with 1:58 left in the game. I messed up the clock management part and punted away. Arizona drives the ball converting on third down after third down. Early in the drive AZ converted 4th down to keep their hopes alive. With no timeouts they drove down into MN territory, but messed up the clock management as well and ran out of time with the ball on or around the MN 20. I thought AZ was going to kick a field goal with time on the clock, but they called a pass play and the the WR was tackled inbounds. MN wins 24-21. With Rice out 10 weeks... we finally get to play our next game with him in the line-up.

AP had 100 yds rushing and rec.

Leinart threw for over 300 yards

Greenways miracle pic 6
  2. sibellius

sibellius Too legit to quit

Aug 13, 2010
    That game was definitely crazy. I'm still mad at myself for giving up so many opportunities. I threw a lot of passes that I shouldn't have and didn't make the most of my chances (like that INT in the red zone that I gave up on the next play). You had some sick stick skills with Greenway causing me all kinds of problems.That play was actually a fake HB flip to Hightower that got picked up. By that point I had pretty much run the clock on myself. I was in field goal range and got greedy with 10 or so seconds left on a drag route to LSH, who got tackled inches short of the out of bounds mark. At that point, I couldn't get my guys to the line fast enough to spike the ball (even if I had remembered how to) and gave up the game. I'm glad I got knocked out in an exciting fashion rather than a blowout. Good luck in the rest of the playoffs man!
  3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Apr 14, 2010
    It sounds like you guys had a great game. Thats what the playoffs are allllllll about. Nice win CWT, your prize? Playing the undefeated Cowboys IN Jerrysworld(whats the name of the new stadium? Texas Stadium 2? lol)

Good luck! You'll need it. I'm pulling for ya, I'm sick of seeing Rush win AND I hate the Cowboys. Go Vikes!
  4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

Aug 11, 2010
    Hey that's not cool Keller lol. By the way, last year during my franchise game I picked off a toss play with Newman. It happened so fast I thought the game glitched or something lol. I just sent him on a corner blitz from Nickel Strong slot, and I manually blitzed him. I ran straight for the QB and the ball got pitched right in my face so I pressed Y and picked it. I went on to win the game, but the guy thought I was cheating. I just told him that it was a crazy play and I got lucky.