Arizona St vs Arizona

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Jan 22, 2012.

?

Who ya Got?

1. #5 Arizona St [8-2 (6-0)]

80.0%
  2. #10 Arizona [8-2 (6-0)]

20.0%
  1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

#5 Arizona St vs #10 Arizona
    Overview:
    Both teams will meet in Tuscon, AZ (hope you don't go to Phoenix since you don't seem to know where us Wildcats reside :p) for what will be the South Division Title Game. Both teams will only be seeing it as the Territorial Cup and a bitter rivalry game. Coach Jello and Coach Lambdin both came into their respective programs in 2011 (Dennis Erickson retired and Coach Mike Stoops was fired). Coach Jello leads the series 3-2 and is currently on a 2 game win streak. Coach Lambdin started out hot in this rivalry but once Coach Jello got his offense in there, he's been dominate as of late. Coach Jello has 2 blow outs to Coach Lambdin's one but there were 2 close games in which the game was decided in the final minutes.
    Offenses:
    Arizona St comes into this game with a spread option attack spear-headed by the dangerous Robbie Thomas at QB. There is also a stable of running backs which includes the speedster in Bryan Stevens. All the running backs split carries but the bulk will be in the hands of Robbie Thomas. If the Wildcats want to slow this offense down, it'll start by pressuring Robbie Thomas not only on the pass but on his option reads. At WR, there is so much speed that it'll be imperative to contain. This must be Coach Lambdin's number one key this week. Speed is every where on the offensive end. Arizona St's offensive line is also an experienced bunch and will be hard to rattle.​
    For Arizona, the name of the game is very different. Instead of speed, the Wildcats use strength to try and rattle their opponent. QB Rodney Fuller has had a roller coaster season but this game will mean a lot to him after he got dismantled last season. The running game took a big hit when Heisman contender Kyle Jefferson went down for 4 weeks against Utah. But backup Freshman RS Sean Bullock will look to split the load with Tony Harrison. This two headed monster will be necessary to access the Wildcats Monster receivers and TE. Adam Sapp has become a force for Rodney and also a great outlet. He catches a lot of balls and his speed and athleticism is unreal for a tight end. At WR, Damion Smith has been the man but Wesley Horton is a good number two to him. Both are amazing receivers who will catch any ball thrown their way. The offensive line is pretty experienced except for at C which is a huge question mark for this game.​
    Defenses:
    Arizona St's front seven is full of hungry Seniors who want to leave ASU with a huge win over their rivals from down south. The Defensive line will be more finesse than strength, though the DT Center battle will be a key all game. The linebackers are a bunch of Speedy men who will be able to hit top speed fast (3/4 have 99 Accel :confused:). Getting lineman on them for the run game will be a necessity. The DBs for the Devils are young but very good. The match-up between the young guns for ASU and the veteran WRs of Arizona will be fun to watch.
    For Arizona DTs will be the key to the DL. Two seniors will be a force for the Wildcats. Also a senior end in Joe Jackson will be a necessity to try and keep composed to stop the speed of Arizona St. Arizona has a veteran set of linebackers headed by Tim Bass who is a force against most option games. The Arizona DBs also have some good experience except for at SS but Cedric Drew is a great pass defender. Will Arizona be able to contain the speed of Arizona St?​

• Like Like x 3
  2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Hey jello1717 when do you wanna play? We'll probably be advanced late tomorrow and I'd like to play then instead of Tuesday because i have a Calc Exam Wednesday to study for all Tuesday.

3. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I'm going with ASU. The Desert Swarm defense is for real.

And dominant is spelled differently than dominate. Just a friendly tip.

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I was never good at spelling :p

5. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

I think ASU sits back and waits for the Wildcats to shoot themselves in the foot with some forced throws/INTs. Then Arizona will have to take some chances to stop the run leaving the pass over the top open. ASU by two TDs.

6. Masler

Masler Moderator

Blow out. Sun Devils seal game before half time.

7. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

I would of given Arizona a shot.....that was until the AZ coach spelled super star HB Brian Stephens' name wrong. Probably the wrong player to motivate.

ASU by 9.

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

So did you sir :p If that's your logic you better hope you don't play em in the Rose Bowl.

9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

I just realized that you had a mistake here. All 4 of my starting LBs (Seals, Powers, White, Bailey) have 99 ACC, not 3/4. As you can tell by the fact that Powers is my #1 tackler and Seals is #3, those are my 2 starters while Griffin with his 12th most tackles is my backup at all 4 LB spots.

10. GoGators

LOL, if I get to the first rose bowl in NU history I won't give two shits about who I play.

11. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Why was I thinking Fitzgerald got to a Rose Bowl as a player in 94 or 95?

12. blLL flo

blLL flo BTFU!

Because they did lol. 8-0 in conference. According to wiki they lost to USC 32-41.

13. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ok. I couldn't look it up from work but thought they had went to Rose

14. GoGators

Fitzgerald who? I'm not fresh up on my NU history I guess.

15. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

The alumni will not be happy about that. Haha. At least i can say with confidence Arizona has never been to the Rose Bowl. Now if you ask me if i like saying that, I'd answer with a big fat "Fuck no"

16. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

o_O the current coach

17. jello1717

LMAO!

18. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

jello1717 were just waiting on the NU Wisconsin game then we'll be advancing. Like i said, I'd like to play tonight as tomorrow i'm studying for a Calc exam all day. Does that work for you? They said they'd be playing at 10EST so we'd probably be playing at 11-11:30 EST

19. jello1717

Most likely. Assuming that I'm still awake, let's count on it.

20. Masler

Masler Moderator

I wonder if GoGators can finally knocked the Badgers off their high horse

21. jello1717

dakota7 's team is 15 points better than GoGators ' and playing at home.

There's absolutely no way in hell that he wins. Wisconsin wins by 21+ unless they get uber conservative in the 2nd half with a decent lead.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  22. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Not so fast my friend! Game will be closer than the experts predict. Northwestern's CB Perkins will be a threat. Look for a 24-12 Wisconsin win

23. Darkwing

Darkwing One Nation Under God

Screen Shot 2012-01-23 at 9.45.14 PM.png

• Like Like x 1
  24. jello1717

I don't wanna burst GoGators ' bubble, but if the talent disparity between them stays similar to this, he will never beat dakota7 this year.

EDIT:
    and his CB isn't much of a threat against the run, and Dakota will rarely have to pass tonight.

25. Big Suge Knight

Big Suge Knight Walk On

Featured Threads: