Arizona State introduces Coach Smith

Discussion in '4th Horseman' started by qclassic 22, Nov 30, 2012.

1. qclassic 22

qclassic 22 Walk On

May 24, 2012

Coach Smith's opening statement to the media was this. "It's great to be here in Tempe. It's an honor to be part of this great conference. I'm gonna do my best to turn this program around. I'm looking foward to the conference match ups and definitely ready to be a part of the Territorial Cup." When asked about leaving Bowling Green Coach Smith replied: "We talked about it over at Bowling Green and I got the blessings of the AD to see what was out there. I enjoyed my time leading that program and this seemed like the right move for me and my family. I believe they are gonna do just fine without me they got a great coach in Coach Richt and he should build that program even more." Coach Smith was asked about the challenge that this Sun Devil program brings and he had this to say. " Every coaching job is a challenge I think we are gonna be just fine. This is a tough conference and all we can do is compete every week. This is a young team with only 15 seniors and 5 juniors and a gang of Sophmores and Freshmen Its gonna be some growing pains and its gonna take some time to get this program where it needs to be.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2012
    • Like Like x 2