Arizona State Summaries (Season 2)

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by jhujay09, Jan 5, 2011.

1. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

SUN DEVILS GET BLOWN OUT IN OPENER

It was never close when the Sun Devils made their trip to the swamp on Saturday. Chris Rainey and the Florida offense proved to be too much for the Sun Devils to handle. Starting QB Steven Threet getting knocked out of the game on the first drive for Arizona State also did not help.

A 56-14 final embarassed Arizona State on what many believe to be a pretty good Pac 12 team this year. Although the loss hurts, the Sun Devils morale is still high and the team is preparing for this weeks matchup against hated USC.

PS I cant get my online ID to work on the dynasty.easports.com website. I keep having errors and cannot link my PSN name to the ea website, therefore I cannot get any pictures or boxscores. Anyone experience this problem? Its KILLING me.

2. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

ARIZONA LOSES 2 IN A ROW IN A CLOSE ONE TO USC 35-28

It was a back an forth game in Tempe where in the end USC was able to pull out and take the win. ASU should have won this game. QB Steven Threet threw 4 INTs that would come at a time to completely stop any momentum that ASU was building. The talent difference in this game was obvious. USC WRs simple ran better routes and could outrun the secondary due to their speed.

The most controversial decision occurred in the 4th QTR. USC had the ball at the ASU 1 with about 1:50 left in the game. On 2nd down USC punches in it but is called for a hold. Instead of accepting the penalty and pushing USC to the 11 yard making it 2nd and goal, they declined the penalty, gave USC the points, and decided that it was going to be up to their QB to drive down the field and win this game for the sun devils. When ASU got the ball back they drove to about their own 45 when on 4th down an ASU WR was WIDE OPEN and simply dropped a pass that would have put ASU at about the USC 25. Looking back though, ASU should have taken the penalty to move USC back to the 11. I was thinking that I needed time and USC could possibly eat clock, but what I didnt account for is that USC probably would have passed from the 11 since it was goal to go. It was simply an Andy Reid coaching blunder that may have cost ASU this game.

Next week ASU hosts Utah in another Pac 12 matchup. The Sun Devils are really looking for a win after losing their first 2 of the season.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bigtubb_

bigtubb_ Walk On

I have to agree with this summary. I do not know how your WR dropped that open ball. And your right, I was about to milk clock.

4. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

5. DC

DC Shake n Bake

Your pics aren't showing up did you click the picture button I. The response box first? Mostmof the time you have to use that to embed pics

6. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

works now?

7. DC

DC Shake n Bake

yep :)

8. DC

DC Shake n Bake

all i ask is that you write a lttle about the game...key players, important parts. something. that thread i linked was basically to how you how to use the program there. all thye do is post pics ...id like a small read

9. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

ok, ok. Got the pics down now. Will get a write up posted.

10. DC

DC Shake n Bake

no worries this week if you dont wanna...just for future reference. it just makes the od more interesting...atleast for me

glad you got the pics working!

11. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

SUN DEVILS LOSE ON LAST SECOND FIELD GOAL IN A SHOOTOUT

It was a back and forth game the entire time and it turned out that the team with the ball last would end up winning the game. After going down 42-35 ADU drove to score the tying touchdown with 2:48 left in the game. This proved to have left too much time on the clock for Ohio State offense as they were able to drive the length of the field and kick the winning field goal with time expiring. ASU stuck the the pass game for the entire game as OSU could not stop it. QB Steven Threet ended up with 498 yards 4 TD and 1 INT in a losing effort.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

12. jhujay09

jhujay09 Walk On

SUN DEVILS BEAT RIVAL WILDCATS IN CLOSE ENDING

ASU scored with 1:46 left to take a 28-21 lead before the Wildcats had a couple big plays to get them down to the ASU 20 yard line. With about 50 seconds left ASU let the Wildcats tie the game knowing that they would have a chance to get the final possession of the game. QB Steven Threet had been hot all game and able to drive the ball with not much difficulty all game. With the score 28-28 ASU got the ball back and bagan to drive for the win. In about 4 plays, ASU got down to the 2 yard line and with 14 seconds left Deantre Lewis punched in the go ahead touchdown. On the ensuing kickoff UA fumbled it which was returned for a TD to full seal the game.

NOTE: If you notice in the scoring summary there were 2 fumble return TDs in the 4th, but the first was overturned as the runner was down.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]