Arizona Wildcats: 2012 National Champions

Discussion in 'The Experience' started by UofCWildcat, Oct 6, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

George Michael was pumping in the locker room after the Arizona Wildcats beat the Broncos from Boise. Greg Nwoko ran with the intensity of showing all those prissy ass Heisman Voters what they missed out on when they voted him THIRD! Full game report (along with the other 6 or so i still need to pump out) tomorrow before noon. All i can say is...

Flawless. Absolutely flawless!

[​IMG]

2. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

3. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Congrats on the win UofC.

Enjoy it while it lasts.......

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I'm trying =[ i'm gonna lose my entire defense and probably some offensive players. I'm worried about who i'll lose early. Because half my defense were All Americans

5. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

yeah congrats bro, it is tough to win a NC when your competing against 11 other guys.

6. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I mean, my only competitive games where users and when the sliders got turned up. If the slider were where they are now all season, i would not of won a NC. But it does feel good to be first ;) Plus i got Coach of the Year, George Parker (first year starter at MLB as a Juco Junior) won Best LB, my white SS won the Thorpe, and Greg at least got an award so i cannot complain. Just wish i won the Heisman with him =[

7. GoGators

Speaking of which, is anybody capable of updating the almanac with the awards and all americans before we advance to the offseason?

8. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona's Journey to a National Title

The Arizona Wildcats are your 2012 National Champions! The E League interviewer sits down with Coach UofC to talk about the season in review.

Arizona's dream season started of with a win against they multi-coached Tennessee. "That game was a great starting point for us. We had a lot o momentum and our defense showed their dominance. George Parker came in an first play he got himself a pick six and it lit a fire of passion for the defense as John McKnight got himself a pick six. Turnovers will win you a game. That was our focus all off season and we made it happen. Also Greg Nwoko made a big impact showing he would be a house hold name."

Arizona's second game was a trip up to the Midwest to play the Wolverines in the Big House. "Facing any fellow E league coach is a challenge. We all came in and our goals were to take our teams to the top. Michigan had high hopes of a Big 10 title and we had aspirations for a Pac-12 Championship. This game would show which team could take their team to even higher levels. We came out and it was a tight game to start. The rain was very unsettling. Starting out in a 10-0 hole is tough for any team on the road. But again, turnovers made a hell of a difference and we made a lot of plays to make it a 24-10 win."

Arizona would now have the pleasure of playing the National Champions from last season in Oklahoma in Norman. "We were very nervous here. This was a big game for us because a win would put us on the map. The Sooners some how got Landry Jones to return which stunned me. Not many National Championship QBs return. But he did and he was a difference maker. He made some plays and kept it close. But our defense made a big play again on a turnover when Adam Hall scooped and scored. It was so big for our team that i think our defense became the biggest of ball hawks i've ever coached."

Well the Wildcats beat the Champions. How would they fair against the Runner-ups? "This was pure dominance by our defense. If they weren't on the map after Oklahoma, they were now. When we hold an offense under 100 yards minus the two big plays off broken coverage, we make a statement. This game was a defensive mismatch where our defense keyed off Marcus Lattimore and we shut him down. We forced Connor Shaw to throw and he wasn't very good at it. We held them down and we moved the ball for a win."

Arizona would start Conference play against the scappy bunch of Huskies from Washington. "Randiesel has a great team there. They are some fiesty kids and they make plays. This game was ALL Defensive. Two amazing defenses facing off. This was in my top 3 games of the year for sure. This game helped ground our team so that we didn't get too high on our horse and keep the complacency down. We got some lucky breaks and got our chances and converted. Watch out for this team in the future. They are gonna be big."

Arizona then got a lay up after a few hard games in Washington St. "It was great to get a sort of 'break' game. Not saying Washington St is not a good team but we all know they aren't world beaters. We got our chance at beating them and making it convincing which we did. Not much else to say."

Arizona would get the chance of redemption against the Ducks of Oregon. "This was all about payback. We blew this game last year and gave it away by throwing 7 INTs. We could not do that. Turnovers are our thing. Not the Ducks. So we held our ground and made a huge effort to win. This was very nerve racking even at the Zona Zoo. This is a Pac-12 North powerhouse and they were ready to play. We got a close win and it helped us in our quest for a Pac-12 title."

Arizona then had their first Pac-12 South matchup with the Utes. "This was our chance to get a good division win and make a South statement. We shut down anything Utah tried to do. We made play after play after play on defense. On offense, we had been shuffling QBs and it's been quite a season at this point. One QB does work, then the next game throws 3 picks and gets pulled at half. The inconsistency scared me and i thought we were gonna lose. But we got some breaks and pulled out the W."

The next two games were vs some struggling Pac-12 South California schools in UCLA and USC. "These were pivotal. Arizona St was winning every game and we had to keep up. Beating these teams were just icing on the cake when it came to our game vs the Sun Devils. Without them, it would all be meaningless just like last year. But we got it together and we got two big wins and they were convincing."

The Duel in the Desert was all set and it was time to battle the Sun Devils. "We had been waiting ALL year. Jello and his Devils embarrassed us last year and we needed revenge, and the South Crown. If the Devils won, our entire season would be all for not. If we won, we would have clinched the South. We came into this game with the goal of getting turnovers. They killed us last year and we made sure to kill the Devils this year. We got 7 turnovers (one Turnover on downs, 1 FF, and 5 INTs) which made it a blow out. It felt good to lay the hammer to our rivals."

Arizona then hosted the Buffaloes to try and clinch home field advantage in the Pac-12 Championship vs the Cardinal. "Wow. That's all i can say about the Buffaloes passion. They were men on missions and they did everything to be spoilers. 11 sacks against a pretty good Oline was something that shocked me. But we got our motors fixed and we won a tight game vs a very scrappy team."

Arizona's Pac-12 Championship game was finally here! "This is why i started coaching. The atmosphere and the electricity was amazing. It was something i've never been a part of until now. It was an amazing feeling. But we had a mission. Win a Pac-12 Title and get to the National Championship. The Cardinal did something we hardly let happen all year. They ran, and they ran effectively. Our defense could not stop the combination of RBs that Stanford had. But when the game got close. We made some big plays and conserved our chance at a National Title. An INT late on a slant route put the Wildcats in position to win. And Greg Nwoko helped run that clock down with the best run in his career spinning at the line of scrimmage and got the first down. It was all over from there."

Finally, Arizona's National title game. "This game was very odd. We had had over a month of time off and we came out a bit rusty. The Broncos drove down our throats the first drive and scored. IT was insane how rusty we were. But our offense came out and in two plays, Greg Nwoko showed the Heisman Voters why they messed up not giving him the trophy. The defense shut down the Broncos for almost the entire game after that and they only scored in a last ditch No Huddle effort to make it seem close. But a Shaq INT ended it and we were crowned Champions of the College Football World."

• Like Like x 1
  9. jello1717

jello1717 "Those who stay will be champions." -- Bo

10. JCspartan2

JCspartan2 Sparty Party

Congrats man!

11. jello1717

I've seen you mention a few places about how Nwoko should/should've win/won the Heisman. I hadn't looked @ the stats, but in Gator's thread with his iron man team I saw his stats in there. Why is it you think Nwoko should've won the Heisman? As far as I can tell, compared to the other HBs alone, he's probably barely in the top 5 guys. He has tons of yards, but that's just because you ran him so many times. Just compare him to dakota7 's guy Gordon. Nwoko may have had 330 more yards, but he had fewer TDs despite having almost twice as many carries. His guy averaged a ridiculous 8.1 YPC while your guy only had 5.4. His guy scored a TD every 10 times he carried it. Your guy only once every 22 carries. Hell, even Cam Marshall (whom I bet didn't even make the all Pac12 2nd team) had better numbers (6.7 YPC and 1 TD per 15 carries).

So, out of curiosity, why is it you think he should've won the Heisman (and who did win it)? Is it because of his total yards? (If so, Smith from GT had more yards and 33% more TDs on 80% of the carries) Is it because you went to the NCG? I'm just curious.

12. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I just think that the place where i was at (second in the voting) that I was prime to win with a good game vs Stanford, which Greg had. He even had the key "Heisman Moment". I may not have scored TDs but Greg's ability to move the chains at WILL was something i've never had at HB. GT's Smith did have a lot of TD's and he was 4th on the voting but after one game with 4 TDs he hopped 3 other people. IRL i feel Greg would of won the Heisman. Hands down, no questions asked. But yeah, stats do show that Greg did not get TDs. He could of but i throw Fades with my Tall WRs to get sure scores. Greg moved the ball and we scored in other ways.

13. jello1717

Who did win the Heisman?

14. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

GT's Orwin Smith

15. jello1717

In my offline, it's usually a QB that wins as there's been 4 QBs and only 2 HBs that have won.

16. GoGators

RG3 from Baylor should of won the heisman hands down. The guy had the most ridiculous passing stats. I'm not even considering his rushing stats. He had 40+ TD passes!

17. jello1717

This was my 2016 Heisman winner:

Heisman Memorial Trophy
    QB K. Weber - LSU Tigers
    272/367, 4321 yds, 168 car, 683 yds, 50 total TD [​IMG]

And here's 2015:

QB D. Sams - Kansas State Wildcats
    173.0 QBR, 272/421, 4020 yds, 39 TD, 5 INT 192 car, 801 yds, 7 TD [​IMG]

18. Nautica

Nautica #whatisdrugs?

UofCWildcat That banner is pretty sharp looking, but you might want to ditch it before you get something said to you by an admin

19. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

It was made by our Graphics guy for LV. Is there a problem with having it?

20. dakota7

dakota7 Former Blue Chip Recruit

I see you took it down. We're only allowed to have our premier sigs.

21. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

I remembered after i posted this. It's kind of a shame =/ But o well. I don't make the rules. I just follow them

22. jello1717

I just finished 2017 in my offline. NC State is running a run and shoot offense now where they pass 80% of the time. Given their QB's stats, it's not surprising that he won every award for which he was eligible.

181.1 QBR, 403/593, 5789 yards, 62 TD, 10 INT 147 car, 445 yards, 5 TD

23. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Just wow. That is UNREAL Stats

24. jello1717

Ya think?