Arizona Wildcats 2012

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by UofCWildcat, Aug 15, 2011.

1. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

[​IMG]

Arizona Wildcats 2012 Team Page

Schedule:
    Week 1: Tennessee 56-10 W​
    Week 2: @ Michigan (Big Suge Knight) 24-10 W​
    Week 3: @ Oklahoma 27-16 W​
    Week 4: South Carolina​
    Week 5: Bye​
    Week 6: @ Washington (Randiesel)​
    Week 7: Washington St​
    Week 8: Bye​
    Week 9: Oregon​
    Week 10: @ Utah​
    Week 11: UCLA​
    Week 12: @ USC​
    Week 13: Arizona St (Jello)​
    Week 14: @ Colorado​

Impact Players:
    WR Dan Buckner
    LOLB Jake Fisher
    Open

2. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona Triumphs over Tennessee

[​IMG]
    Gregg Nwoko and Matt Scott in the pocket

Overview:

Arizona got the Zona Zoo ready for an SEC opponent in Tennessee. Arizona had lost QB Nick Foles and WR Juron Criner but had QB Matt Scott and WR Dan Buckner to replace the two offensive super stars. But those two were not the focal points of the offense. RB Gregg Nwoko was to be the head of this offense with his ability to run over defenders at will. Would the Arizona offense be able to adapt to the new offensive style? Also the defense was going through changes as well. Instead of the traditional 4-3 Arizona has been accustomed to, Arizona changed to a 3-3-5. Arizona has a lot of athletes and to get them all on the field, the 3-3-5 is a great way to get them on the field.

Arizona opened up on defense and it was star studded JUCO Sophomore from Highland Park, TX made his presence known. "George is a specimen. We knew he was fast but he was going crazy." Says Coach Lambdin. George Parker opened up 2 tackles and then came to play as Tennessee QB Tyler Bray tried to set up a screen. George spotted this right away and picked that ball off for six. "I just had a beat on it and i ran at the RB and i just grabbed it and went." Says Parker.

The offense sputtered a bit and had a few turnovers. Matt fumbled and it was something Coach Lambdin contributed to a layoff from live action. "Matt's not played against another team since 2010. It's hard to go out there and just get it all back. It's not like riding a bike." Says Coach Lambdin. The offense of the Vols was driving when a baby brother to and old USC runningback made a helluva play. Bray threw a slant but it was overthrown and John McKnight picked that bad boy off and took it back for six. "I really liked being able to return the ball and be like a runningback like Joe. It was a good feeling." Says McKnight.

The defense finished the game with 6 total turnover but the Arizona offense surrendered 3 themselves. All by Matt Scott. "I've just got to get my act together and get the ball rolling again. I got it together later in the game but i need to have that from the first snap." Say Scott. Defense had kept the Volunteer offense out of the endzone until halfway through the third when Bray chucked up a prayer and McKnight made a mistake and the WR was gone.

Arizona has a lot to be proud of and a lot to work on. Arizona will travel to the Big House for a bout with the Wolverines of Michigan.

Highlights:

[​IMG]
    George Parker picks off Tyler Bray for the second time in his first game as a Wildcat

[​IMG]

Johnathan McKnight picks off Tyler Bray for the second pick six of the day.

George Parker intercepts Tyler Bray for six.

Johnathan McKnight's pick six

Gregg Nwoko weaves through the defense and scores

3. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Arizona's Defense Suffocates the Wolverines

(No highlights available)

Overview:
    It was a rainy day in Ann Arbor, and the Wildcats were ready to play the Wolverines of Michigan. Arizona started the game out very sloppy. Defense was getting rolled over and Michigan was moving the ball at will. Michigan had a 3:00+ drive to start the game and then after a Matt Scott fumble, Michigan had another scoring drive to make it 10-0. "Both the offense and defense were just not ready for this game what so ever" Says Coach Lambdin. "We were making a lot of mistake and it was looking bad from the get go."

But in the second quarter, Arizona got the ball rolling with an INT of Wolverine QB Perry Riley and converted that into point on a long all rushing drive. The second quarter also wasn't good for Matt Scott either. Scott completed the first half going 0-6 and an INT and fumble. "I had to make a call and pull Matt. The kid worked all year for this but he just wasn't ready it seems." Says Coach Lambdin. "Daxx was our man and it seemed to work well from the start"

And work it did. Daxx hit Gregg Nwoko on a screen and Gregg took it for the 52 yard score. The game was now 14-10 in Arizona's favor. And the game was all Arizona from then on. Arizona's defense totaled 5 INTs and they were flying all over the place. "We were very worried about Denard's speed. Our goal was to contain him and make Perry throw the ball. And that was very successful for us" says Coach Lambdin

Arizona won the game 24-10 and will now travel to Norman, Oklahoma.
    (No highlights available)

4. UofCWildcat

UofCWildcat Bear Down!

Wildcats Invade Norman and Come Away With a Victory

[​IMG]
    Gregg Nwoko throws off a Sooner defender.

Overview:
    Arizona was excited for a showing vs the number 2 team in the land, but they lost their first game and Arizona would not turn away a game vs the top 10. The game started out very well as Arizona drove the ball down the field and Gregg Nwoko took the ball on two long carries and scored on the latter of the two. "I was just in a groove finding the holes and breaking through the defenders arm tackles." Says Gregg. Arizona would hold Oklahoma to a field goal on it's first possession as well making the first end 7-3.

Arizona would be held to field goals being unable to convert on 3rd down. Matt Scott was given a second chance after a good week in practice but he was not performing. "Field goals are good but i'd rather be in the end zone." Says Coach Lambdin. The defense too would stay constricting preventing Oklahoma from scoring most of the second. Arizona would score on a long ball to Richard Morrison making the game 20-3 with under a minute left. Oklahoma would have two passes batted down and then on the last one, Landry Jones chucked a ball up and for some reason one one Arizona defender was around and the OU WR caught the ball, made a move and scored. "It was a breakdown in coverage and I don't have an explanation for it yet. I'll watch the film tonight and figure out the problem." Says Coach Lambdin.

Oklahoma would ride that momentum from the Hail Mary to the third quarter with a long field goal drive making the game a 20-13 and this was not a comfortable lead. "We were sputtering and we needed a boost." Says Coach Lambdin. That boost would not come for QB Matt Scott. An under thrown ball behind the receiver on an out route ended Scott's day. "Matt is still not ready and we're just going with Daxx for a while." Says Coach Lambdin. Oklahoma would tack on a field goal with :02 left in the third making it a 20-16 game.

Arizona's defense got a stop and the Arizona offense stopped itself by not converting on third again. Oklahoma got the ball back and was driving hard. And inside the red zone Arizona's Kyle Benson stepped up and stripped the ball from the OU WR and Adam Hall ran up and scooped and scored on the play. This made it a 27-16 game and all that needed to be said.

Arizona returns home to host the other part to last years National Title in South Carolina

Highlights:

Gregg Nwoko's big TD run.

Adam Hall Scoop and Score.