Arkansas 35 - Wake 24....sort of

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 5, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Arkansas 35 - Wake 24....sort of

Game started off with Wake forest receiving the kickoff. Run play off tackle for about 40 yards followed up by a 20 yard TD pass...7-0. We get the ball, 3 and out and punt and things not looking good. But our defense settled down and our offense heated up. Turning point came when JMS completed a long pass, his WR spun out of a tackle, was running free for a TD but the ref was and Arkansas alum so got in his way allowing my safety to run him down inside the 3 yard line. Stuff run, stuff run, sack...held them to a FG. Ryan Mallet got plenty of time and started picking apart Wake's secondary.
    Halftime score - 21-10 Arkansas.

shortly after start of 2nd half...disconnect.

So we decided to play a half with the score 21-10 in our minds, winner would finish up against the cpu.

We got the ball to start the 2nd half and ran something called the PA wheel. Saw no one open so started to scramble when I look way down field and my HB literally has everyone out run by 20 yards...so I heave it as far as I can...70 yard TD pass for a 28-10 lead. Wake comes back with a TD to make it 28-17. And then the game goes to shit. 1st game no turnovers. After the restart it's a pick fest. Wake throws 3, we throw 1, gets ugly. Final score 35-24...kind of.

JMS quit out and I finished up vs the cpu and the final was 35-17. Wake's cpu QB threw 3 more picks giving us 6 on the day. Uglyness all over.

So we got the win, albeit a shitty one, but we'll take it. Had to gamble and bring in a bunch of recruits for this game due to our shitty scheduled (and I made the schedule!) so hopefully we finally sign a few guys.

GG bro, we'll play again next year at you, hopefully no disco.

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

good game as always.....when it is more my team it will be on like papa johns!