Arkansas goes on the road and takes down TAMU

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by -Balla-, Jul 20, 2011.

1. -Balla-

-Balla- Walk On

#17 Arkansas Razorbacks traveled to #9 Texas A&M Wednesday night for the ESPN GOTW. The atmosphere was electric in College Station, perfect for college football.

Arkansas won the toss and elected to kick off. On the first play from scrimmage Arkansas CB Darius Winston picked off the TAMU QB. The very next play Arkansas caught TAMU in a blitz. QB Tyler Wilson rolled out to avoid the rush, threw a fade off his back foot and hit an open Joe Adams, who beat his defender off the line. Just like that Arkansas had a 7-0 lead in the very hostile environment of College Station.

The 1st half ended up being a battle with 14-14 tie at the half. Arkansas got the ball to start the 2nd half, only for Tyler Wilson to throw an Int, his 2nd of the day. The Razorback D stood tall and didn't bend to the TAMU offense. The next drive Wilson threw his 3rd of the day, but once again the D rose up and stuffed the Aggie offense.

When the 4th quarter rolled around, Arkansas offense decided to show up. Tyler Wilson and Jarius Wright hooked up twice for 4th quarter TD's and Knile Davis punched a TD in with 2:30 minutes left to seal the game.

The play of the game came from superstar Greg Childs. Arkansas faced a 3rd and 16 from the Aggie 45 yard line. Childs raced down the sideline and caught a jump ball in the back of endzone, one handed, before tapping a foot in the back corner for a Razorback TD. "I knew at the LOS where I was going with the ball said Wilson. I saw Greg had single coverage and there isn't a DB in the country that can stop him. The guy is a freak, he makes those catches so much in practice, we expect that from him in the game." When asked, Childs said,"I just wanted to make a play for the team. I just want to win."

Arkansas player of the game on offense goes to Jarius Wright. He had 2 4th quarter TD catches to help put the Aggies away.

Arkansas POTG on defense goes to the entire defense. They forced 5 turnover, 4 Int's and 1 Fumble.