Arkansas wins on a prayer

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 23, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Arkansas wins on a prayer

During today's game against Kansas St, WR Greg Childs' got his name into the Arkansas record books, breaking the single season records for Receptions, Rec Yards and Rec TDs in a season. And then he put his legacy into Razorback lore with an amazing game winning reception.

Early on, it looked like this was going to be a defensive struggle. The #14 Wildcats were without their best player and starting HB and it showed as they had some trouble moving the ball. The Razorbacks, usually quick starters, were having their own struggles handling KSU's front 7 and converting 3rd downs. After a scoreless 1st qtr, the teams traded FGs. Then it became a see-saw battle the rest of the way.

Ronnie Wingo scored the games 1st TD with 50 secs to go in the 1st half, giving Arkansas a 10-3 lead. He also dislocated his shoulder on the play, leaving Arkansas without it's top HB as well, and turning them pretty much into a 1 dimensional passing team the 2nd half. Kansas St would answer in a 3 play, 40 yard drive, capped with a game tying TD right before half. 10-10 the score

The 2nd half started and it was the Greg Childs show. The All-American WR caught his 1st TD pass on the Razorbacks' 1st drive of the 2nd half. KSU would answer with a FG, making it a 17-13 Arkansas lead. KSU would take their 1st lead of the game on their next possession with a TD, but Arkansas and Childs answered right back, making it 24-20 Arkansas. The rest of the game lives in infamy.

With 1:02 left in the game, KSU QB hit a wide open receiver (Bachamp) in the endzone to pull ahead 27-24. Arkansas had 2 timeouts left and a minute to go, so getting into FG range was a distinct possibility.

The Razorbacks would drive across midfield to KSU's 42 yard line, but were forced to use all their timeouts. One after a sack of QB Ryan Mallet, and one after a Mallet scramble picked up the 1st down, setting them up on the 42 yard line. With just about 10 secs to go, and a ****** kicker, the only option was to throw it to the endzone and hope for a miracle. Taking the snap, Mallett saw his TE open across the middle of the field, but he wasn't in the endzone, and knew time would run out, so instead he heaved it to the right corner of the endzone where Greg Childs was setting up shop. He was double covered, but he is our best player, and sometimes you have to take a shot. Childs went up, and pulled down the hail mary pass, the 1st time in Coach Juggs history that it ever worked, and madness ensued. Coach Smalls threw his controller. Coach Juggs screamed like a little girl. Arkansas had won on an amazing play, an instant classic.

Greg Childs finished with a career day, 9 receptions for 171 yards and 3 TDs. Ryan Mallett threw for 359 yards in total, with all 3 of his TD passes going to Childs. Pics and videos with multiple angles of the Hail Mary TD are available on the dynasty wire.

Great game smalls. Tough tough loss.

http://www.easports.com/dynasty?_user_state=system#module=moduleStoryView&story=$00125a6f7f12_C590_6A2D659A&dynid=50576&sku=662A0001&sid=0&wknum=13

2. jms493

jms493 Veteran Member

LOL....epic win

3. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

"Coach Juggs screamed like a little girl. Arkansas had won on an amazing play, an instant classic."

Haha, I know the feeling. I've had a few close games like that. I won in overtime against Florida and was jumping up and down and screaming like a little girl. Those are the best.

4. smlVICTORIES53

smlVICTORIES53 Walk On

This was by far the most intense game i've evered played. I had to rely on a my Backup Sophomore QB and a backup Sophmore HB who couldn't run the ball to save his life. After the game coach VICTORIES was wishing he had a) wished his virtual hit on Mallett would have come thru and b) he would have put one out on Childs too. This one game has just started what could grow to a huge rivalry. Next year we go to Reynolds Razorback stadium and install magnets under the field and replace the Razorback receivers cleats with ones that are laced with metal. lol

5. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

definitely see you next year in Arkansas. Although I suspect both Mallett and Childs won't be there, both figure to be 1st round NFL picks