Arkansas wins on last second FG

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by NYJuggalo45, Aug 31, 2010.

1. NYJuggalo45

NYJuggalo45 Walk On

Arkansas wins on last second FG

I'm going from memory here, so Hellisan can correct me on anything I'm off on.

For the first 3 qtr, Arkansas fans must have felt they had entered the Twilight Zone. The okie st defense frazzeled and confused Arkansas's all world offense. Qb Ryan Mallett looked like a walk on. No one was getting open no matter what routes were being called and the running game wasn't exactly lightingy it up either. Thru 3 qtr we prob had a total of 125 yards of offense and Mallett had thrown 3 really ugly picks.

Surprisingly though, the Razorbacks defense played great and was able to keep them in the game. The front 4 stopped and often times dominated the okie st run game. And our pass defense made enough plays and tips to get the cowboys off the field.

While we felt we were getting blown out, after 3 qtr, you'd look at the scoreboard and we were only down 10-3. That's when things finally changed and seemed to go the hogs way.

With like 5-6 mins to go, Oklahoma st had the ball around midfield. Their qb made a misread trying to throw to a well covered te, and finally (after prob 10 dropped ones), an Arkansas db came up with an interception, returning it all the way to the 5 yard line. Ronnie Wingo would punch it in for the hogs, and it wad tied at 10 with under 5 to go

The cowboys wasted no time once they got the ball back. They methodically marched down the field and carved up the razorback defense, who reverted to their old ways. With the ball in the redzone, on a 3rd down, Arkansas was able to pick off another pass right at the goal line and gave the ball back to Mallett with 2 mins to go.

Finally, the all-American, 99ovr qb played like he was supposed to. He made more nice reads and passes in this last drive that the entire rest of the game combined. He hit fellow AA wr Greg childs with a pass that put the ball on okie st 25. After a run to get it to the middle of the field, ark called timeout with 5 sec to go.

Despite their attempts to ice the kicker, er....punter, the ark dual duty man was able to drill it down the middle as time expired, giving the hogs a hard fought, and often times ugly, win.

Hats off to coach helli and okie st. For most of the game he had me so frustrated I was ready to throw the controller. The 2 late turnover proved to be costly, but truthfully, they deserved to win this one.

gg brother.

2. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

Great writeup man. Depressing game, but a good one nonetheless. I know it was ugly... But at least it was original ;)

3. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

PS I moved this to the game summaries board

4. LSU21dude

LSU21dude Geaux Tigers

Damn, good game guys. Sounds like a frustrating game for both teams in the first 3 quarters.

Juggs, I see you have your punter pulling double duties. I have the same thing. My punter is rated 91 ovr as a K and P. I'm lucky to have him because my only kicker is a freshman who is 50 ovr.

5. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

I might be moving my punter over to double duties soon. Dude can kick it to the back of the end zone every time

6. Pac12Leader

Pac12Leader Walk On

Ryan Mallett already has the Ole Miss secondary's attention, but unfortunately we haven't been able to stop anyone from torching us. On the bright side, I think our safeties have forced 4 fumbles this season.