Arlen's 2016 NFL Draft Big Board

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by arlennnn, Nov 19, 2015.

1. arlennnn

arlennnn Walk On

At the request of Cole I've expanded to a top 15. Everyone knows that the top of the draft is centered around quarterbacks. After that the next most important players are those who can protect the quarterback and those who who can take down the opposing one. With that said here are who I think the top 15 most coveted draft picks will be…

#1A) Jimmy Russell QB Ohio State
    • What More needs to be said? This is THE man out of THE Ohio State University. At a prototypical 6'4 230 pounds with more than enough arm strength to boot he is the unquestioned #1 on the big board this year. With accuracy and throwing power, he has legit NFL tools and everything needed to turn a franchise around. There is a reason it says 1A however, because for every draft War Room salivating over the strong armed winner from up north there's another eyeing the athletic mr….
    #1B) Connor Taylor QB FSU
    • In a pro style system the unconventional Seminole quarterback would look lost. But there are stories of a select few still running spread offenses, scheming in the night both to beat their opponents in space and behind the scenes, where the greater establishment has seen fit to launch a campaign against the freedom for a qb to use his legs. Don't sleep on Connor Taylor, if he finds the right organization come draft night (SUNDAY… *cough*) some lucky team will have the estimated 89 acceleration/agility quick twitch qb in a division near you.
    #3) Chris David LT LSU
    • People come in a lot of different sizes and the tackle hailing from Baton Rouge is an example of this. Of course he has the skills to boot but if you look at the physical specimen that he is it's no stretch of the imagination to see him come off the board as early as #1.
    #4) Wayman Lucas MLB OU
    • Some of you may have missed the homing missile out of Norman that is Wayman Lucas, but that's only because his 5'11 frame gave pause early on. Well when the draft grade came out on this one all questions were erased. Is he a head hunting Strong Safety waiting to be converted? Or a tradition MLB without the block shedding ability one would normally look for to man the middle of a defense? Whatever the answer is he is not going to miss a tackle… period.
    #5) LT Jaylin Mack Ped State
    • The aggressive athletic LT Mack will do wonders in a zone scheme. He may start at RT before a little season is done but is a long time bookend in this league. Strength, agility, acceleration, explosiveness, he has whatever you want. I wouldn't discount the fear factor in his case either… nobody knows what goes on in the on field scrums until you've been in one. Coming in with a reputation similar to that of Richie Incognito but sometimes that is what a team needs.
    #6) Aundre Riddick LE UF
    • When I mentioned rushing the passer as a top goal for those located high in the draft I was envisioning the value in a plater such as Aundre Riddick. Take a player like my own Dion Jordan and the useful length that a 6'6 body give you, combine it with the finesse moves and pursuit to get past the vacuous offensive tackles that are so heavily invested in (see the abomination that is Russel Okung's new contract) and nobody will be surprised when this freak flies off the board.
    #7) Dorian Knox ROLB/Pass Rusher Extraordinaire LSU
    • The second Tiger on this list, Dorian Knox is what you need in your life, and I am speaking to all 32 teams, roster sight unseen. This guy starts day one on any defense and is the reason I am hesitant creating this type of content alas there's no way he drops to #25 where the Dolphins are picking and thus I'll drafturbate all over him right here and now. He has a good mix of athletic ability and skills that should see him work in a 3-4,4-3, 2-2-7 or whatever the fuck it is you want to run. Just put him on the field.
    #8) Jawaun Hart CB Pitt
    • The amount of elite talent that the university of Pittsburgh puts out, even in Madden, is ridiculous. In the cb market myself, I could only dream of being high enough to pick up this shutdown corner. I compare him to a oil-rich saudi sheik, because one day soon, much like Darrell Revis, he'll be in possession of his very own island. Highest combine grade of all prospects this year, with a 7.9. Like the long lost brother of our steel city's own Steele Bishop this pittsburg PA product will be producing in mere parsecs.
    #9) Deandre Riley RT Tennessee
    • Madden's #1 rated player in the draft is the behemoth from that orange team. He has no holes in his technical blocking aspects, and has a top rated combine score in every event. While he may go lower than #9 on draft night It won't be by much.
    #10) Matt Marshall LT USC
    • The trojans are no stranger to top 10 draft picks and Matt Marshall is one of those picks that may rise on the day of the draft. He is viewed by a certain portion of NFL scouts as the #1 overall player but that is tied strongly with his storied past, because if you look closely, his scouting profile could reveal a definite edge between he and the other top tackle prospects.
    #11) Dion Phillip QB MSU
    • With how many important games are played in the winter months of the NFL season, you want a quarterback with big hands, a big arm, and experience making throws in all sorts of weather. This is what you get with the gunslinger from the frozen tundra. A+ throw power says it all. If I was in need of a quarterback I'd be thanking my lucky starts because this guy will be here, with equivalent talent to the top two quarterbacks on the board. Only his stature lands him outside of the top 10 most talented players in the draft.
    #12) Tyronne Boyett LT UF
    • What?! Another tackle? Yes, another tackle. There is a growing segment of the league who will need tackles especially with the quick sim season adding another layer of regression on top of things. The second gator on the big board as well, I like the size at 6'6 and he checks all the boxes you want out of a swing tackle. Can play either side with ease this is a prime candidate for those who missed out on the elite athletes at LT/
    #13) Dustin Morris LE Alabama
    • 6'1 and 260+ pounds with an incredible combine grade leaves nothing to be desired. The recent string of alabama busts will put doubt into the minds of the savvier personnel departments across the league. There are whispers of Mr Morris being akin to a white Clowney. Did one big hit create him, or does he grade out as the overall package? Draft night will tell with this one.
    #14) Francis Green HB Wisconsin
    • Some things in life are constant. The seasons changing, the university of georgia being ranked top 5 preseason only to drop out weeks there after, and running backs out of the University of Wisonsin - Madison who look like the next coming of Walter Payton. There is no mistaking the old school Francis Green - both in his name and ability. If he can't get past you he will go through you. 85 speed is my only reservation.
    #15) Sterling Griffin WR MSU
    • We're not in Madden 15 anymore. The days of 6'6 dominant recievers scattering the top of the draft are gone, but in Sterling Griffin I see a future star. 93 Speed, 6'4 frame with decent physicals makes for a 1st round pick in any multiverse. While others may deserve this spot more I couldn't leave the list unfinished as it would be without a talented pass catcher.

• Awesome Content Awesome Content x 12
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cole Copeland

Cole Copeland Mr. Irrelevant

Good shit man

3. Automatik

Automatik Walk On

Loved the low key Mack university reference

4. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

So this is amazing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Freakskull

Freakskull Lobsters are mermaids to scorpions.

The Steele Bishop reference is GOLD jerry

• Like Like x 2
  6. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Only names I dont agree with are Riddick and Morris. There is one special pass rushing talent that I'm buying into and it is neither of those guys.

• Like Like x 1
  7. HoundsOfHowl

HoundsOfHowl Feed Me More....Football

I know who you know who is better than those 2

8. Masterfocker

Masterfocker Walk On

#smokescreens

9. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Its not a smokescreen, lol. There is one player who I have rated higher than both of those guys. Whether or not I take him at #11 is up for debate depending on who will be available at that spot.

As of now I'm guessing none of the top CBs will get to me, which is probably the direction I'd prefer to go. OL will be a top consideration. Hell, if one of the top QB's makes it to me I will be hard pressed to say no to since its not like Spriggs fits what I like to do typically.

All options are open for the Bills really, besides LBer. That is unless someone is insane enough to let Wayman Lucas fall out of the top 5. That guy is a bonafide megastar you take him no what the need.

10. Hordan54

Hordan54 Walk On

These are not the players you are looking for. You can go about your business. Move along.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. akutozo

akutozo Baby, I'm a Brown.

Can't believe Riddick fell to 15.
    [​IMG]