**Arsenal Discussion**

Discussion in 'Tradition Soccer' started by Michael Woodward, Apr 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

@Blaza
    @AJ Hart MN

Shoot me please.

2. Krebstar425

Krebstar425 Thee Mighty DFB

Don't shoot me. Shove a grenade up my ass.

(I have a rather large Arsenal obsession)

3. AJ Hart MN

AJ Hart MN Marseille - TFL Season 1 Champions

Brutal is the only word to describe the game today :(

4. JFace907

JFace907 Ron F'n Swanson

What is it with this team? I think injuries is becoming just an excuse. The talent is on the roster. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this team because of Henry and Cesc, but good lord they even make a casual fan cringe.

5. AJ Hart MN

They always have an excuse for everything and I'm so tired of it.. Win some damn trophies already.

6. Krebstar425

While there have been games this season that were utterly poor performances, today was not one. Three points were stolen form us with the Lucas dive, period.

Several people I've talked to have already said Cesc went down easy, but his heels were clearly clipped and it was Spearing who put himself in a bad position.

Now, this season as a whole...no excuse, we need to win the league. However, I don't think it'll happen with this team. As much as I love Szczesny, I think it's time to buy a true #1 in their prime. Also, another world class CB to pair with Vermaelen.

Players that I would like to see leave this Summer are Clichy, Diaby, Bendtner and Denilson. Out of those two, I think Clichy are Bendtner are 100% leaving. I have much more to say, but I'll just pace myself.

7. Blaza

Blaza In Arsene Wenger I Trust

I'm still in shock. Once again we shoot ourselves in the foot. Cesc's reaction to the Eboue foul was worrying--no doubt he was thinking "These fuckin guys"

Krebs--I'm actually really happy with Szeze this season. He's young, very commanding, and vocal which is huge. I'm pretty sure Wenger is going to stick with him as the number 1. As far as CB, whenever the hell Vermaelen recovers from his injuries, he will actually probably be the one considered 'second choice' CB. Djourou has been one of our best players this season. He's a rock--only problem is he's got the injury bug as well (shocker).

8. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I don't really credit the penalty to lucas diving. The game should have been over 3 minutes before that even happened and eboue was way to wreckless. You don't give a player the easy way out in such a terrible position on the field. He ran way too hard at him and made contact. Lucas had absolutely no where to go. Run him to the corner and hope the ref finally blows the whistle. I like szczesny but I wouldn't say he is so commanding after the carling cup catastrophe. I would also like to see clichy leave. So many goals have been scored on us because he's 3 yards behind the line keeping someone onside. Plus he tries to round players from deep in his own half which has cost us a few times as well. Plus, he is absolutely dreadful at crossing.

9. Krebstar425

I do love Szczesny and think Wenger will keep him as the #1, but as Michael just pointed out, the Carling Cup final is the reason he worries me. Not because that on incident, but because it just shows he's still very young and may not be as experienced as a keeper should be on the caliber of team we are (or should be).

Clichy is the complete opposite of Sagna, who is Mr. Consistent.

As for the end of the game today, I also firmly believe the whistle should've been blown after the ball bounced off the wall. No reason for the game to continue on after that. Someone told me the referee would wait for the attacking phase to stop, but that is bollocks, as that could've gone on for a few more minutes.

I haven't felt this bad after a game this year since the CC final.

10. Krebstar425

Not that anyone here doubts it, but a nice picture to illustrate just how Fabregas did not dive. Have Arsenal players done so in the past? Yes. Was this? No.

[​IMG]

11. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

I watched the game in a pub with a lot of liverpool fans and they didn't doubt it was a pk or anything. I think one of wenger's biggest mistakes is letting lassana diarra go. I like song but diarra is better and more creative to boot. Plus after song, who do we have? Diaby and denilson are pretty timid. I would love to have the hammerhead.

12. Krebstar425

This is true. I find it hard to think each time it comes into my head, but I don't think Song is or DM of the future at this point. I think it's one of those roles that we need someone very vocal in. As for his cover, Denilson is a joke and Diaby can not fill that role. I don't trust Denilson with the ball even on the bench and Diaby's best fit is in Wilshere's spot.

As I saw Carragher shouting at and organizing his teammates on set pieces, I couldn't help but think to myself I really want that. We need that presence, or at least one of them in our side. Cesc does and always will lead with his play and not his voice, at least out on the pitch.

13. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Yeah true, but it has to be the right kind of voice. Gallas yelled at people, but his was more telling people they suck and he's way better than them which doesn't help things haha

14. Blaza

The Carling Cup incident was Kos' fault. Szcez clearly called him off but Koscielny went for the clearance anyway and whiffed (which no CB at this level should ever do). He's 6'6, good stopper of the ball, and can actually catch an aerial ball unlike Almunia and Fabianksi. Sure it would be nice to have de Gea, Lloris, or Neuer but all those guys would cost us an arm and a leg. I'd rather use that money elsewhere--DM cover for instance.

15. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Whats with all the love for Arsenal anyways, what are they like the Cubs or something?

• Like Like x 1
  16. ryalaman

ryalaman Walk On

If Bartman happened once a year.

17. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Cuz of they're style of play and maybe because of how they're the first team since, what, 1904 to not lose a game in a season? And blaza, with the 6 straight years of not buying jack, with all the money they saved, they can afford an arm and a leg for lloris. Make stan kroenke fork some money over. Enyeama isn't a bad keeper either and I can't imagine he'd cost too much from haifa tel aviv or whoever the heck he plays for.

18. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Their style* haha

19. Michael Woodward

Michael Woodward Walk On

Or hey, I bet a certain man by the name of tim howard wouldn't be too terribly expensive and he's very communicative with his defenders.

20. Krebstar425

If we're talking about getting a current EPL keeper, I'd take Reina over Howard. Although I'd take Howard, gladly. I think Szczesny has the potential to be a great, great #1, but I just worry keeper is not a position where we should wait for him to be ready. The other issue is if we bring someone else in, I think he then leaves and I don't want that.

Sigh. We need to buy someone, that is for sure. Whether it's CB, DM or something else. I also worry about Gibbs stepping in and taking over at LB.

21. Blaza

IMO, GK has not been a problem at all for us this season ever since Sczez took over. We actually have the 2nd best defensive record in the Prem this season.

GKs are one of the biggest commodities in football--they aren't cheap. I wouldnt mind seeing us upgrade some positions (LW, LB, some legit competition for Song at DM)

22. AJ Hart MN

Not digging all this hate at my guy Gael :(

23. Blaza

I like Clichy most of the time and love how hard he works for the club. His pace and athleticism help us in alot of spots but his poor service and tendency to hold attackers onside piss me off sometimes. If anything I'd like to see Gibbs improve to push Clichy a little bit. Gibbs has had his moments and is even a part time England international, but I'd like to see a little more consistency from that spot.

24. Blaza

Get outta here hater!

[​IMG]

25. Krebstar425

The thing with him is he always shows his great recovery speed, only because he's consistently beat. He's actually been far better going forward this season than I recall in the last few years. I laughed so hard when he scored his goal and then almost acted as if he didn't know what to do.

He's one of those on the team that I've just accepted will be leaving, which has made it easier for me to get over. The last few years, he would've been one of those who even if I thought needed to go, I just couldn't imagine it.

What is everyone's thoughts on the sure to be Cesc saga this Summer? I honestly think there will not be as much noise as last year as Barca can not afford him, period. They've said they want to get their debt under control and if they pay what we'll demand for Cesc, their debt will be anything but under control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.