Artest to Lakers?

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by HotRod, Jul 2, 2009.

1. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
  2. HotRod

HotRod You ain't bout dat life!

Featured Threads:
    Looks like it's for real.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=4303679

Although Artest is a little crazy I'd def take him over Ariza. Ariza was asking for way too much and they got Artest for less than they woul have had to pay for Trevor. Plus Artest is much better offensively and brings more toughness.

3. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Plus he's WAY better defensively. Looks like a damn good pickup by the Lakers.

4. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

As a Laker fan....I dont know......I really liked Ariza, but he was wanting too much money. We cant afford to make more money mistakes (Sasha, maybe Bynum)....

5. MorsDraconis

MorsDraconis Walk On

Bynum is seriously hurting you guys. He's so poor and makes RETARDED mistakes. Even with the money that Odom wanted, I think letting him walk will be a mistake for the Lakers. He's so talented (even if he is a whinny bitch), but he's also 30 so I can understand letting him walk.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...ug=aw-freeagentbuzz070109&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Looks like Ariza is going to the Rockets, Anthony Parker getting play from the Cavs, and Hedo getting offers from both Portland and Toronto

6. CribbsStyle

CribbsStyle Walk On

Yeah Bynum played great before the injury, but since then he's basically done nothing but foul. Hopefully he will be back to pre-injury Bynum next season.

I would imagine we will definatly keep Odom now, so long Ariza.

7. jmillhimes

jmillhimes Walk On

Money was not the issue with Artest and Houston. ocal 2 interviewed Ron's agent and he made a comment that Ron wants a ring bad. Houston didnt fair to bad picking up Ariza. If they can run Adelman's offense, thy wil still fair well.

Artest already helped the Lakers. His playoff shooting % was perfect for LA

8. Renegade-Ice

Renegade-Ice Banned

Artest will be a good fit in LA. However, the Lakers have to exploring the big man realm to either replace Bynum or trade him. They have to have a dominate factor in the paint. Odom was wishy-washy and often didn't show up in pressure situations. I think the big thing in LA is going to be keeping Artest from bumping and trying to coax a fight with Kobe...again like in the playoffs (lol).

9. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I'm starting to see already that we might have to open up a basketball franchise...