AS Saint-Étienne

Discussion in 'TSL: Club Pages' started by A_Touch_Of_Class, Dec 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

AS-Saint-Etienne.png
    poster2012.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - New kid on the block A_Touch_Of_Class (ATOC) has been awarded the head coaching position at AS Saint-Étienne for his first season in Series C. When asked about being hired as the new manager for Saint-Etienne ATOC responded, "It's a great honor to be apart of the Saint Etienne organization and I will do everything in my power to move this club up to the Series A league."​
    Several colleagues have labeled ATOC as the early frontman for the Series C crown. "I go out there day in and day out and play my game. I am humble at the fact that these players have noticed my competitive nature and feel I can lead my team to bigger and better things", ATOC responded when asked about this claim.​
    With the upcoming season on the horizon ATOC will be playing as many friendlies as possible to get his club ready for league play. "I look forward to the up and coming season and wish all managers in Series C the best of luck". ​

• Like Like x 5
  2. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Photo on 2012-12-18 at 20.21.jpg

AP: Springfield, MA - A crucial blow has been dealt to the Saint - Etienne manager ATOC. While performing his other civic duties he was injured prior to work with a smashed right index finger. The result of the injury is 8 stitches, a half ripped off fingernail, and the finger has been confirmed broken. "I have yet to try to pick up the reins for my team since the injury", ATOC answered when questioned about the injury hindering his ability to play.

This set back will cause ATOC to miss the upcoming mini holiday tournament. "Missing this tournament is a huge set back not only to scout other opponents but also to get more familiar with the squad and the new league setup of using the Online Lobby Mode."

The recovery for the stitches is 10 days, the fingernail is 6 months, and the fracture is questionable. "All I can do now is rest and let the healing process begin."

• Like Like x 1
  3. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

pierre-emerick-aubameyang-le-meilleur-joueur-du-mois-d-octobre-en-l1_67379_w250.jpg
    Pierre Emerick Aubameyang​
    AP: Springfield, MA - AS Saint-Étienne started the new year with a bang! A 3-1 victory over Wigan Athletic has secured a vital 3 pts to the start of the season. "In this division every game is important and crucial," stated ATOC. Pierre Emerick is the setup man for crosses and through balls and he was able to latch onto the end of a cross at the end of the first half to record his first goal of the season. Aubameyang was quoted saying, "If I can find a rich vein of form this season I feel I can win the Golden Boot Award hands down." Aubameyang has been linked to a move away from St. Etienne in this upcoming transfer window which could deal a crucial blow to St. Etiennes' offense. "If Pierre were to leave the club it would be devastating to our club. However, we have the talented Brandao waiting to come off the bench when needed."​

• Like Like x 1
  4. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

GRADEL MAN OF THE MATCH AS SAINT ETIENNE MOVE TO 2-0-0
    m4s4b2n7.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - AS Saint Etiennes' next opponents in this weeks games was Galatasary SK managed by Go Devils. Having only played Go Devils once during friendly play prior to the start of the 2013 season ATOC was only able to see Galatasarys' style of play once. However, it took the stoke of halftime for Saint Etiennes' to capitalize and go into half time with a 1-0 lead.​
    As the second half started Max Gradel; later to be named man of the match, was able to get on the end of a well placed through ball with his pace to net a comfortable 2-0 lead for Les Verts. Go Devils upped the offense and as able to pull back within one with a brilliant low cross that was slotted home by Corak for a 2-1 score line. However, Golden Boot contender Pierre Emerick Aubameyang was not going to let Galatasaray back in the game and put them to the sword in the 85' for the 3-1 victory.​

• Like Like x 1
  5. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

GAME OF THE YEAR SO FAR
    article_ruffier.jpg
    Stephane Ruffier after stopping a penalty to keep the game 0-0
    AP: Springfield, MA - Whats being called the "game of the year" so far Saint Etienne was able to grind out a 3-0 win over Montpellier in the first round of Coppa play. The Group of Death has already shown what kind of deadly players are in the group with this game. vipermansa manager of Montpellier controlled most of the first half having more of the scoring chances. The key chance came on a perfect through ball to John Utaka who used his speed to split the Etienne defense and get clean in on goal. ASSE goalkeeper Stephane Ruffier came off his line and clipped Utaka for a penalty call. On the ensuing spot kick Ruffier guessed the right way and made the save to keep the game knotted at 0-0 going into the half.

Much of the second half was the same with vipermansa controlling the midfield and his defensive third extremely well until Golden Boot candidate Pierre Emerick Aubameyang netted one of is three goals with a Van Nistelrooy type poach goal in the six yard box. After Aubameyangs' first goal the Montpellier defense was vulnerable and ASSE took full advantage netting two more with Pierre Emerick to secure the hat trick, 3pts, and the ever so important tone setting competition in The Group Of Death.

GG vipermansa

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  6. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

RENAUD COHADE NETS TWO AS LES VERTS MOVE TO 3-0-0
    renaud-cohade-asse-10112012.jpg

AP: Springfield, MA - Saint Etienne has now moved to 3-0-0 in league play coming from a controversial replay. While playing Dooz an opinionated situation arose where Dooz felt he was right and ATOC felt he was right. After agreeing to a rematch and a clean slate game, Les Verts were able to win a dramatic game with two goals late in the second half one in the 85th minute and another in the 90th to win in. I was unable to upload the 90t minute goal b/c EA is garbage. Cohade dangled the defender and ripped an upper 90 screamer from 22 yards out into the far corner of the net for the 3-2 victory.

7. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Aubameyangs' Double Secures 3pts for Les Verts
    _57573778_aubameyang.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - Another stellar performance by ASSE gives ATOC and his team a 4-0-0 record in Series C play. This match day fixture was against pitt4life21 and his bottom of the table SC Braga squad. Golden Boot leader Pierre Emerick netted a double in the first half and leading support role character Renaud Cohade netted a goal at the stroke of half time to give ASSE a 3-0 lead at the half. The second half was a more defensive showing from Les Verts as they played contain and defense for most of the half. Super Sub Max Gradel added a fourth goal at the 90' mark to secure the 4-0 win for Saint Etienne and the ever so important three points.

8. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Aubameyang Caps off 5-0 Thrashing VS Genoa with Hat Trick
    Pierre-Aubameyang-St-Etienn~1.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - ASSE found a rich vein of scoring versus middle of the table Genoa as three different players found the back of the net for Les Verts. Pierre Emerick netted a hat trick during the 5-0 rout of Genoa to boost his goal tally to the top for the Golden Boot award. Mignot and Clement were also part of the scoring spree that secured another 3 points for ASSE and keeps them undefeated in all competition this year. When asked about the teams hot streak ATOC replied, "Right now we are playing our style of football and it seems to be working, being patient on offense and taking quality chances and goal and play solid defense."

9. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Jeremy Clement Man Of The Match Against Palermo
    d7a2e8a25fa19b103b99778e6301939e_640x240.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - Jeremy Clement was able to earn himself a man of the match performance against Palermo with a goal and 11 tackles. Palermo unluckily scored an own goal in the 4' of play and Clement scored in the 6' to give ASSE a 2-0 lead into the half. Palermo stuck around and had several chances in the second half but was unable to capitalize on the chances. ASSE are currently 6-0-0 in all competitions this year. With Skill_Tricks and ATOC battling at the top of the Series C table every goal is important for goal differential. Though ATOC has beaten Skill_Tricks in every friendly this season, league play is a totally different atmosphere.

• Like Like x 1
  10. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

ASSE Hits The Post 8 Times, Manages 3-1 Victory
    983281752-21072011045215.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA: ATOC managed to hit the post 8 times in his match VS Ajax and were still able to secure the 3 points. Max Gradel put in a MoM performance with two assists as well as Mignot and Aubameyang getting a goal and an assist. Newcomer Claven will be a great addition to the league as his style of play is sim and respectable. ASSE move to 7-0-0 in league play and stay atop of the Series C table.​

Last edited: Jan 19, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  11. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Corruption Strikes ASSE In Match Day 7
    upset-boss.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - The much anticipated battle of the top spot in Series C between Skill_Tricks and ATOC was clouded with controversy and poor sportsmanship. The game started off routine for the most part except for Skill_Tricks constant pressure in ATOC defensive third of the field. ATOC had to make several more passes than usual to get the ball to the half way line where initial pressure should have started. Having a feeling this is how the game was going to go ATOC had to play conservatively and smart, seeing how the opposition had no regards for the TSO Rules.
    The first incident came when S. Ruffier made a key save in the 1st half. With the ball in his hands and several open fullbacks open to distribute too, Ruffier rolled the ball out to his left back only for Skill_Tricks to intercept the pass and score, making it "1-0" to Porto Alegre. With ATOC up in arms with the clear violation of the rule he kept calm and continued the game.
    Moments later however the straw that broke the camels back came. A 50/50 ball over the top saw a shoulder to shoulder battle won by right back Clerc for ASSE turn sour. As Clerc had possession of the ball and dribbled towards his goal Skill_Tricks applied pressure disregarding the 1/3 of the pitch rule. ATOC decided the right course of action would be to pass the ball back to the keeper, HOWEVER Skill_Tricks anticipated this move and ran around the defender to intercept the back pass to the keeper and waltz in all alone for a "2-0" lead.
    Following this second blatant break of the TSO rules. ATOC paused the game and messaged his opponent about the goals. ATOC was responded back with, "Both goals were good," from Skill_Tricks. ATOC quit the game and refused to play the game out. Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

The ruling to this issue was ATOC receiving a Red Card for quitting the game and Skill_Tricks being issued a 2-0 win. After being asked about the ruling ATOC responded, "It's quite funny actually, when your the best everyone wants to beat you, I guess at all costs as well. I don't have time to play cheaters and refused to play the match out simple as that. I've been a fair and honest competitor all season long and for the ruling to go the way it did is embarrassing."

ATOC is still legitimately undefeated at 7-0-0.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Frenchie1916

Frenchie1916 Just a clodhopper of footballer, running pell mell

• Like Like x 2
  13. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

ASSE Bounce Back After Screw Job
    1112_UK_L1_Brison_Aubameyang_Saint-Etienne_Lorient.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - Saint Etienne were able to shrug off the screw job done to them in league play and capitalize on an important Coppa match with a 1-0 victory over hokie79 Marseille side. In one of the toughest games all year Pierre Emerick Aubameyang was able to score a 25' go ahead goal with a nice turn and shoot from sixteen yards out to give Les Verts the 1-0 lead.​
    Hokie was relentless on offense putting the new manager of ASSEs' defense to the test. "The back four were superb today," ATOC said after the match. Hokie is a very quality and gifted player and it took everything my boys had to keep him off the scoreboard.​
    Great game Hokie and I look forward to playing you down the road. ​

Last edited: Jan 21, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  14. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Aubameyang and Gradel Carry ASSE To 8-0-1*
    PierreEmerick-Aubameyang-Caen_2754009.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA - Max Gradel and Pierre Emerick helped to boos ASSE's healthy lead atop Series C with a 4-2 win over COLDPredator and Ath. Bilbao. The scoring opened when leading contender for the Golden Boot Aubameyang netted his first of two goals on a well placed low shot into the far corner in the 24th minute of play. Gradel then answered with a quick goal in the 25th minute to make the lead 2-0.​
    "ColdPredator is one of the more sim and legit players in Series C to play against," ATOC quoted when asked about his opponent. Jeremy Clement also added a goal later on for the home team and Stephane Ruffier played well to ensure a 4-2 win for ASSSE.​

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  15. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Unlikely Hero in 2-1 Win over Werder Bremen
    mignot-veut-un-asse-sans-pitie-contre-auxerre-iconsport_jpt_190212_52_43,31583.jpg

AP: Springfield, MA - In the much anticipated game between ATOC and dooz an unlikely hero arose. Jean-Pascal Mignot opened the scoring with a header off a corner which glanced off the woodwork and snuck in the near post. Mignot is known for his superb defending and not much of his goal scoring. "Jeans' goal came at a crucial time in the game for us, it helped set the tone and break the deadlock," ATOC said when asked about the opening goal of the game. Of course what would a ASSE win be without Pierre Emerick scoring yet another goal to add to his yearly tally. Dooz came back strong and was able to net a nice header off a soft chip to get back within one.

Saint Etiennes' defense held up till the final whistle giving Les Verts the much needed 3 pts and a shot at the title race. "It was a great week for us this time around, we had two matches to play this week and we took all 6 pts," ATOC said. I do regret however quitting the match to Skill_Tricks earlier in the season b/c it could be a decision maker later on down the road in the season. I should of played the game out and could of pulled back to get a tie or a win. Either way you live and learn, play out the game and dispute latter if needed.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  16. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Thriller at the DW Stadium
    2392785.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA: With Match Day eleven upon us ASSE faced a tough challenge from middle of the table Wigan Athletic. With points at a premium now every game matters greatly. Wigan opened the scoring on a beautifully placed cross from ezio finding a wide open Boselli for a 1-0 lead for Wigan. Saint Etienne kept peppering Al-Habsi for the remainder of the first half but was unable to get a goal back.​
    The second half found Wigan netting a second goal when Wigans' forward out muscled ASSEs' center back allowing a clean break on net. With Les Verts 2-0 down in the 54th minute it was time to up the defensive pressure a tad to get back within one. In the 60th minute ASSE found their well deserved goal from Romain Hamouma to pull within one. Moments later in the 63rd minute Golden Boot leader Aubameyang knotted the game at 2-2.​
    Loic Perrin eventually put away the game winner just 5 minutes later in the 68th minute to secure a 3-2 win for ASSE. Three quick succession goals helped Saint Etienne to a vital 3 pts and to stay atop the Series C table.​
    Great game ezio, best game I've played all year by far. ​

• Like Like x 1
  17. ezio

ezio Walk On

Thanks Man. Same goes for me. It was a great game.

18. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

ASSE Down Galatasaray SK
    asseFo1.jpg

AP: Springfield, MA: Match Day 12 brought Go Devils to Stade Geoffroy-Guichard for a league match where every point matters. "Let me start off by saying Galatasarays' defense is pure genius," ATOC said when asked about his opponents for the week. It was nearly impossible to break down the Galatasaray defense throughout the match. Go Devils is a quality player and his defense shows what kind of a manager he is; courageous, bold, and pure intimidating. ASSE boss ATOC was not expecting the type of defensive showing that Go Devils brought to the table.

Galatasaray had several scoring chances early on but Stephane Ruffier was able to keep the game tied at 0-0 into the half. ASSE finally broke the deadlock with a strike from Aubameyang on a nice little turn inside the six yard box slotting it home far post.

"I'm very happy with our performance once again this week, we were able to capture all six points yet again and in doing so we had to come from behind against a great ezio Wigan side. However, we are not in the clear yet this week as we have a Coppa match against a tougher opponent in Hannover 96.

• Like Like x 1
  19. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Penalty Shootout Sees ASSE Through To Next Round
    1958701_full-lnd.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA: In their first ever Coppa competition new Series C side Saint Etienne is making a big splash for such a small club. After breezing through the Cup Qualifiers it was time to prove that ASSE wasn't a fluke and could hang with the big boys...barley.​
    In the round of 16 Les Verts drew against Germany side Hannover 96, managed by an exceptionally talented rschwep. Seeing the draw was a tad intimidating seeing how Hannover is mid table in the every so talented Series A here at TSO. ATOC has played rschwep before in friendly competition and has won, BUT this is a Coppa match and not a friendly. With that being said the game was a pure dog fight.​
    Hannover controlled the pace of the game with relentless ball movement. The ball would be in the middle of the pitch, then swung out wide for a cross or the play would start on the wings and work it's way into the middle of he pitch, giving the less experienced and slower ASSE defensive four trouble all game.​
    Finally after wave after wave of German attack Hannover was able to find the back of the net with a blocked shot by Kurt Zouma finding Schmiedebach to slot home the opening goal. With ASSE having its back to the wall and an uphill battle for the remainder of the game Cohade in the 85th minute was able to curl a shot passed the Hannover keeper to pull the game level.​
    Extra time saw both sides equal and the ever so 50/50 penalty shootout was upon us. Back and forth the teams went Hannover shot a penalty over the cross bar, Ruffier made two key saves as did Zieler who guess correctly more times than not but just couldn't get a hand to it. At the end of the day ASSE came out victorious.​
    "We made it passed the first round which is great. Only thing is, is that the competition gets better from here on out. Facing BESHIKTAS and his QPR is not an easy task to handle. I look forward to playing him as he is one of the more classy and rule abiding players in the league."​

Last edited: Jan 31, 2013
    • Like Like x 1
  20. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Shootout at the Stadio Luigi Ferraris
    aubameyang-bddd58dc.png
    AP: Springfield, MA - ASSE faced a tough challenge at hand with Geneseo98 and his Genoa side in match day 13. "With the season past the half way point all games at trivial and the points are at a superb premium." Pierre Emerick was able to net four goals in a 5-2 shootout win on the road to Genoa. Aubameyang opened the scoring on ASSEs' first shot and chance of the game just two minutes into play. Aubameyang is the leading scorer in Series C and his four goal tally will only push him further clear of all other strikers in the league. Both teams had great scoring chances with Genoa scoring two great goals to keep the game close. "The ball seemed to have eyes for the back of the net today, I'm just glad we were able to find the net more than our opponents," ATOC said after the match.​
    Next game will feature ASSE playing the ever improving OhDaesu19 and his Palermo side.​

• Like Like x 1
  21. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

ASSE 13-0-1* as Gradel is Man of the Match
    ASSE-GRADEL-580x333.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA- Gang Green strikes again as Palermo is on the losing end of a 4-0 land slide by Gradel and Aubameyang. With Les Verts able to snare the three points and stay atop the Series C table ATOC is happy with his boys. "To be 14 games into the season and to be undefeated is a great feeling, the team is meshing together nicely and the transfer window has been good to us." M. Bodmer has been a great loan for us from PSG this year and has contributed nicely with several assists in the midfield. ​
    Gradel and Aubameyangs' pace was too much for the Italian defense as the two combined for four goals. Aubameyang netted his second hat trick in two games and Max Alain added one for the 4-0 win and the vital 3 points.​

22. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Romain Hamouma Shines Versus SC Braga
    img-romain-hamouma-1351624137_620_400_crop_articles-163332.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA- Match Day 14 brought bottom of the table SC Braga to the table as they hosted ASSE for this league play fixture. "Even though pitt4life21 maybe at the bottom of the table I feel that his record does not represent what kind of player he is, pitt is a hard nosed player who is always lurking for points and has talent," ATOC said when asked about his opponent for the week.​
    The scoring opened mid way through the first with Romain Hamouma (COLDPredator) favorite ASSE player scoring a far post low driven shot. After the goal most of the first half was back and forth play with scoring chances on both sides of the ball.​
    The second half saw Braga break through and knot things up at 1-1 with Ruben taking advantage of sloppy defending by Zouma and Clerc at the center back position. Moments latter Aubameyang was able to net his 21st and 22nd goals of the season from two Hamouma assists to cap off a 3-1 victory for Les Verts.​
    When asked about the remaining fixture for this week ATOC said, "We are not out of the woods yet for this match day week as we have a tough game against the ever dangerous Claven and his Ajax side sitting 3rd in the table." ​

• Like Like x 1
  23. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Double Courtesy Of Hamouma
    Romain-Hamouma_2865333.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA: Saint Etienne were able to once again secure the possible six points which is crucial this late in the season. Third placed Claven hosted ATOC and his top of the table ASSE side for a match day 16 showdown.​
    Scoring opened early on with an in form Romain Hamouma hitting a beautiful 22 yd upper 90 wonder strike. Pierre Emerick continued his goal scoring prowess to secure a 2-0 win for Les Verts." Claven has always been a tough and talented opponent and I'm relieved that I don't have to play him anymore this season." ATOC mentioned about his recent opponent.​

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
  24. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Saint Etienne Upset QPR in Coppa
    st-etienne-beat-psg.jpg
    AP: Springfield, MA- With QPR being the heavy favorites to take out new Series C side ASSE ATOC had his hands full in this weeks Coppa match. When questioned about the match ATOC said, "I've played BESHIKTAS before in friendlies and have won, though this is not a friendly and I will be expecting his best game." ​
    The match started off with high offense from both sides and never let up the whole 90 minutes. ASSE had the first great scoring chance off a corner which was rifled off the crossbar and fell straight down on the goal line but was unable to be tapped home. QPR had the next few chances which Stephane Ruffier was able to parry aside eventually winning him the man of the match performance. "Normally Ruffier doesn't have much to do in games because our defense is so solid but today QPR was able to break through and test Stephane." ATOC mentioned about his stellar keeper.​
    Finally, leading goal scorer in all competitions Pierre Emerick was able to open the scoring with a beautiful wonder goal with a little help from the woodwork to give Les Verts a 1-0. (Video below) Shortly after in form Romain Hamouma was able to secure a 2-0 lead and Aubameyang secured the final goal to give ASSE a comfortable 3-0 into the half.​
    The second half was all defense for Saint Etienne as QPR piled on the attack but was only able to come away with a late second half goal from Bobby Zamora.​
    Saint Etienne is awaiting the outcome other quarterfinal game to see who he must face in the semi.​

25. A_Touch_Of_Class

A_Touch_Of_Class Walk On

Saint-Etienne Down Athletic Bilbao
    zouma.jpg
    AP: Sptingfield, MA- Week seventeen took ASSE on the road to his good friend COLDPredator and his Athletic Bilbao side. "It's always a great match between myself and COLDPredator, however it's bitter sweet b/c we are friends and someone has to win or lose," ATOC said about fellow Series C mate. With this week being the last match week these two games can decide the Champ to Series C.​
    Not much of a goal scorer but always dangerous on corners Kurt Zouma was able to open the scoring on ASSEs' only corner of the match for them. "Kurt was able to elevate over his defender and put pressure on Bilbao early on." With the first half drawing near to an end Fernando Llorente was able to secure a rebound shot and slot it home at the 45 minute mark to knot the game at 1-1.​
    The second half saw the leading scorer in all Series and Competitions; Pierre Emerick Aubameyang net two second half goals to secure a 3-1 win for Les Verts. "First and foremost I would like to say great game to my friend COLDPredator, the man has class and skill and I hope I see him in Series B next season with me, all the best good friend."​

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.