As the Season Begins.... 2014 Edition...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 27, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Answer these questions about your team....?

Can your offensive line hold up?
    What is your realistic expectation this season?
    Who could/should be your best player?
    Who could/should be your best freshman?
    Can you win your conference?
    What would classify as a successful season for you?

2. JrRawlins

Kansas State

Can your offensive line hold up? -- We got some young faces on our line this time around... so they will have good games and bad games....
    What is your realistic expectation this season? -- Our QB play is spotty at best with 4 user games this time around.... 8-4 is realistic....
    Who could/should be your best player? HB Stephen Ware... he is a monster...
    Who could/should be your best freshman? my freshman CB Jamar Jones...
    Can you win your conference? Anything possible but it will be diffcult considering our schedule this time around.....

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

So far so good...Lost 3 Sr starters, but stud 85 ovr sophmore C anchors the line. Overall the line averages just under 80 and they are opening some big holes for Griffin

Went 10-3 last year and want to atleast match that performance this year. Only problem is that the schedule is a bit harder. I play 5 preseason top 10 teams including #1 and 2, plus a high ranked Missouri. Expectations are higher but the path will be more difficult as well

Have a couple candidates. WR Manson is an 86 overall Soph stud who is already having a great start to the season. He has All-American hopes this year
    On Defense I have 89 ovr Sr DE Eulls who is very quick and has been a monster against the run game thus far. If he can match his run play with 10 sacks, he will be a repeat All-American this season

This is actually a tough question as most of my freshman suck this year. I have a RS freshman DE White who is filling in for injured Soph McNamara for 8-9 weeks, and we hope for him to pick up 4-5 sacks. I also have a true freshman 1* FB at 69 who is the starter and see significant time opening holes for Griffin.
    We also have a 70 ovr OLB Jones who is starting at the weakside and comes out on Nickel downs.

Of this group I expect the biggest impact from the FB as he pushes the pile and makes key blocks for Griffin.

For sure. We came 1 game and potentially a few dropped TD passes away from topping Old Miss and representing in the SEC champs game. The road looks very difficult however. The team isnt quite as talented as last seasons as we are in a slight reloading year. 2 big transfers from Bama look to really solidify the defense next year along with some maturation of the overall young team.

At this point the goal is to win the SEC. Anything short is disappointing, though being competitive and matching 10 wins from last year would definitely be a success given the slight loss of talent.

4. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Missouri

1. Yeah, the offensive line should be ok. We've got some newbies in there that could cause some problems, but as long as Gabbert continues to get the ball out quick, it shouldn't be a problem.

2. To win the Big12 North.

3. 2x Heisman winner QB Tyler Gabbert. You guys know you love him. Can he make it 3 in a row?

4. The only freshman in the starting lineup is RG Brad Sykes. We'll need him to have a solid year in order for us to be successful.

5. Big12 North Champs.

6. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Virginia

Can your offensive line hold up? I think we will struggle at times against good pass rushes, but I am confident we can make enough plays when we need too.

What is your realistic expectation this season? Compete for an ACC title, top 2 finish in division

Who could/should be your best player? Tough call, transfer QB Taylor Graham should have a good year, but with how our offense is Sophomore RB Blake Matthews is poised for a breakout year after backing up last year.

Who could/should be your best freshman? Freshman center Brandon Taylor is having a lot asked of him to come in and start right away.

Can you win your conference? I don't see why not, but it is an uphill climb.

What would classify as a successful season for you? Upper tier bowl.

7. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

I have a make shift oline so hopefully. This will be the biggest challenge for our offense.

well with the outfuckingstanding schedrule that bastard lawdog gave me i'll be happy with 10-3 and another acc championship.

Shakim Phillips. this guy is my offense as he is the only guy i know that will hold on to the ball. On Defense it is Ryan Wilson who after having a so-so SO season is playing great his jr yr so far. he kept Dent pretty well in check.

I don't know if you guys know this, but I have the greatest FR of this Dynasty so far.. This guy is so great that i didn't recruit that many players last yr as i felt guilty for having the chance and actually gaining his commitment. The guy i am talking about is no other than :3stars:punter Rob Williams.

Can you win your conference? Well i am the 3 time acc champion. i think i can make it a 4 pete.

What would classify as a successful season for you? acc champion and actually win a bowl game..

8. JrRawlins

As the season begins Kansas State wants to hit the reset button.....

9. GoGators

As do Texas and Missouri. Rough start for the big12 so far.

That damn fake f g.

10. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Count me in as well. 65% of my offense and 95% of my passing game is already knocked out for multiple weeks.

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

FUCK OHIO STATE!!!

That is all.

12. JrRawlins

I wish i could blame injuries, but we just suck right now.... definitely a rebuilding year in Kansas State.. the good news is we only have 7 seniors... and none of them start on defense...

13. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

JR,, want constructive criticism from our game: run Ware more.

14. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:
    Bonzai, want constructive criticism from our game: Don't play Duke.

15. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

[​IMG]

16. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Oh no, I want a rematch.

17. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Ok, I know I'm the new guy but I'm just curious: Why are some users using teams like Texas, Missouri and Ole Miss while some users are Duke, Mississippi State and such (won't mention myself here, whoops)?

Flame me er whatever for asking, but just curious.

18. GoGators

I'm not sure, but my best guess is the following:

Bondzai got Texas cause he's brain damaged.
    OM got Ole Miss cause he went to law school there.
    I got Missouri cause someone with more seniority wanted Baylor than he flaked out so I couldn't have Texas Tech and Drifter wouldn't let me swap in SMU to the Big12. Also, I don't think anyone knew Missouri was this good.
    Shaun takes the shittiest team cause he likes to be the proverbial underdog.
    Drifter's favorite drink is a black and tan and WF reminded him of that.
    Sanders is a cock through and through.
    You got stuck w/Virginia cause Ryno got stuck w/UVA when he played his trump card to get in the league as the last guy.
    Stang got MSU cause Dru got forced into them and then his wife called and said she needed him to bake her a cake.
    JR took KSU cause he seemingly always takes KSU.
    Mutt got Baylor cause he was a late addition.
    BBJ took BC cause he wanted to play with one of the only teams in the FBS that don't have University in their name. (name the others)
    JK took Kentucky cause he thought we were playing Coach K's Basketball.

I think that about sums it up.

19. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Yep, that pretty much covers it.

20. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

It is a patchwork, in 3 years they will be solid. Until then I just need to run plays that don't expose them.

I think I should win my side of the ACC, but I still need to beat Boston College and Wake Forest to do anything bigger than that.

MLB Erik Butler. He just plain is all over the field.

HB Christian Ricks. I think I offended him by putting him #2 on he depth chart...he then came out and won the starting job playing in spots, then filling in when Buster Smith got hurt against Texas.

Maybe if Boston College drops football.

Pull in a decent recruiting class and go to a good bowl game.

21. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Can your offensive line hold up? - - - I doubt it. I have depth, but my starters are just not as good as I would like.

What is your realistic expectation this season? - - - 8 or 9 wins. After my dismal performance last season, I don't want to set the bar too high.

Who could/should be your best player? - - - Ace Sanders, my senior WR. If he was taller, he'd be unstoppable.

Who could/should be your best freshman? - - - Ben Morton. He's a 6'7" WR.

Can you win your conference? - - - I doubt it. I think it's Ole Miss's conference this year.

What would classify as a successful season for you? - - - - Good bowl game, and a winning record over my rivals (gotta keep those promises).