As the season begins.....

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Oct 5, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

As the season begins.....

Answer these questions about your team....?

Can your offensive line hold up?
    What is your realistic expectation this season?
    Who could/should be your best player?
    Who could/should be your best freshman?
    Can you win your conference?
    What would classify as a successful season for you?

2. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

My Thoughts

3. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

Heh, I guess I will try and play spoiler this year as the unknown new guy. Seems fun.

Offensive line looks solid. Have an 80 freshman Center, and the backup is a 76 who progressed 8 points in the offseason. Only 3 tackles though, so hopefully I dont get an injury there.

I expect to compete and would be content going 8-4 or 9-3 and making a run for the SEC

Starting star RB should be best player. he is a 96 ovr, went up 6 in the offseason, and has 95 acc with 96 break tackle. I am hoping he stays healthy and will be a beast to bring down.

Have 3 good freshman who will see the field. an 80 C, 81 WR, and a converted OLB from DE. The OLB will probably be the biggest impact as he will start over a 65 rated guy and thus a big improvement. He will also be playing on Nickel downs, so I expect him to put up some decent numbers.
    The receiver is currently 4th on the depth chart, so will only see some action in multi receiver sets and maybe some special teams. However, next year he looks to be #1 receiver.

Can I? sure, there is always a chance. It seems I'd have to get through some tough user coaches first and Bama and LSU. So it looks to be a daunting task for sure.

To make a good run at the SEC, even if we dont make it. To also infuse the defense with some good young recruits is a definite goal. Miss St biggest question mark will be the defense. The D-line is solid, but the LBs and CBs are subpar in the high 60s to low 70s. Hopefully, my offense full of talent will make up some for the inevitable big plays the D will give up.

4. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Can your offensive line hold up?This is the question that dictates our season, if the O-line plays well we have the talent to play with anyone... if they dont 6-6 here we come....
    What is your realistic expectation this season? Realistically, 10-2 2nd in the Big 12 again... still not enough talent for Oklahoma and Missouri, but the games are closer.....
    Who could/should be your best player? Possibly my HB Robinson, hopefully my QB Cosh, but it will probably end up being my TE Crowder for the 3rd year in a row.......
    Who could/should be your best freshman? TE Palmer has the tools, but i am really hoping one of my safeties SS Garner or FS Coleman make a big big splash.....
    Can you win your conference? I think i can win it.. we have Missouri in Manhattan this year.... and its the only victory over Missou KSU has is at home.....
    What would classify as a successful season for you? A big 12 title and a BCS Bowl bid....

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

So far so good. Our offense is built on getting the ball out quick so we try not to put a lot of pressure on our O-line. However, they're more than capable when we need to call on them.

Big 12 Champs and a BCS bowl

Tyler "Heisman" Gabbert

Not sure yet. SS Justin Hawkins, WR Matt Peterson, and our freshman DE who's name escapes me right now will have the chance to make big impacts.

Yup. Anything less would be uncivilized.....
    [​IMG]

Big 12 Champs and a BCS Bowl. Didn't I already answer this question???

6. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Hopefully. we don't have alot of talent on the line this yr, but what we lack in talet we make up in enthusiasm. I make them say the following line every game "I am going to have a great game and keep my Quaterback standing, because I am good enough, I am strong enough, and doggon it people like me"

ACC championsip

Phillips and Phifer. through air or through ground it's these 2 players that make my offense go.

Brent Mitchell. I made the decision to go with a freashamn QB instead of a 92 rated SR. I believe Mitchell has the makings to be really great.

it's going to be tough, but i think i can 3peat..

What would classify as a successful season for you? anything short of a ACC title and a major bowl win will be a huge disappointment. a big Game against wake will probably tell me if thats happening midseason...

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

Probably not. The somewhat good thing is that I have a lot of depth. It's just that everyone sucks. So if our starter goes down, there is likely someone that is similarly rated ready to step in.

We need to get the offense clicking early because our defense isn't going to stop anyone. I don't think we will make a push to win the conference, but we should be enough of a nuisance to beat some teams we shouldn't.

QB Brendan Cross is an 89 OVR and WR Matt James is an 87 OVR. They should be the focal point of my offense and are by far the best OVR players I have. By far...

This is a tough question for me since I have frosh starters at WR3, WR4, TE2, ROLB, FS, SS, CB2, CB3, QB2, HB2, MLB2 and P. Yeah, FML.

My two safeties are promising. My young WRs are probably going to act like young WRs. The TE prospect is really talented. Since I lost my starting HB in the first game for 6 weeks, I would say that backup running back Tom Myers could make an impact late in games.

Does the pope shit in the woods?

Competing in every game. Last year we got blown out a couple of times. I want to get into a January bowl game, but the only road to that is winning the conference since the ACC's bowl contracts are terrible. We just have to do what we can and try to take another step forward.

8. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

I'm deep, if deep means everyone sucks

Hopefully get to 8 wins, go to a bowl.

Storm Johnson, he is a stud.

RS FR WR Braxton should be a good one...he is tall and runs good routes

Well, I got to the conference championship game somehow last year, so who knows.

Beat the teams I should beat, and not beat myself against the teams better than me.

9. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

10. Muttcope

Muttcope 2 Own Goals and Counting

Whatever team I get will be complete garbage, but it still wont be worse than a Bondzai coached team... rim shot.

I should get the game sometime this week if you guys will still let an old dog in?

11. Bondzai

Bondzai Your Mom's Best Friend

Oh you have to join now so I can get some revenge for those comments. I don't suck quite like I did when you were around.

12. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

Homo???

If so, maybe these two shouldn't be in the same conference division together.....

13. jkhaalis991

jkhaalis991 Back in The Deuce...been gone too long.

KENTUCKY WILDCATS

They seem to be doing good so far. I been sacked only 4 times in the 1st 3 games. The right side of my OLINE is the most inexperienced as I got 1 true FR playing RT & 1 RS FR playing RG.

A bowl game for the 1st time as coach of the Kentucky Wildcats.

SR LE Justin Henderson. Already 5 sacks in 3 games.

WR Rick Keith. 2nd best WR on the roster. Leads the team with 8 catches in the 1st 3 games.

Honestly....yea I think I can. I came close to beating South Carolina last season, so looking forward to that rematch in week 7. I need Ole Miss to catch some losses. The only ? mark is Miss St with new coach JMustang. Never played him b4 & he hasn't played me, so it will be interesting.

We are taking slow steps so a winning season for the 1st time would be a right step.

14. Kasper

Kasper The Ghost Himself

Just tryin to catch up on stuff, lots of fun content to fill out so far.

Against mediocre teams maybe

Bowl Game

Senior RB Dominique Wallace

(RS) FR LOLB Chris Powers - he should get really good with time.

No

A bowl game, if we can find a way to get 8 wins I'd be amazed.