As the Season Winds Down.... 2014 Edition...

Discussion in 'The Deuce' started by JrRawlins, Nov 9, 2010.

1. JrRawlins

JrRawlins People hate me cause they aint me...

Did your offensive line hold up?
    Did you meet your expectation for this season?
    Who was your best player?
    Who was your best freshman?
    Was this successful season for you?

2. JrRawlins

Did your offensive line hold up? Yes, fairly well despite our record, the line played well and was not the cause of the problem.....
    Did you meet your expectation for this season? [​IMG]
    Who was your best player? when you go 7-5, with 2 sim losses can you really have a best player?
    Who was your best freshman? QB Jason McGee
    Was this successful season for you? where's snoop at.....[​IMG]

3. theSANDMAN215

theSANDMAN215 Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, HI

Did your offensive line hold up? - - - - LOL. nope. I think that's one of the reasons I had to change QBs b/c my o-line kept getting owned.

Did you meet your expectation for this season? - - - - Yes. After my disastrous season last year, and to come in and make it to the SEC Championship, I'm happy.

Who was your best player? - - - - CO-MVP, Carrington and Cooper at LB. They are studs.

Who was your best freshman? - - - - Morton, my 6'7" wide receiver. I may finally have a deep threat in one-on-one coverage if he can improve his hands.

Was this successful season for you? - - - - - No, but it did meet my expectations. I would have liked to win a few more of the close losses I had. Plus, I would have at least liked to give Lawdog a game.

4. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

they did ok for a makeshift line, but did get 2 of my QB's hurt.

no. even if i went on to win the NC after the viginia debacle i would still not consider it a success, because i lost to VIRGINIA

Shakim Phillips. the best WR in Football

Williams he's been a great kicker.
    no not at all. if i can somehow get into a major bowl and win it i may change my mind..​

5. GoGators

GoGators GT: KSherm

The offensive line didn't hold up as well as we'd a liked. That's why Gabbert's been on the shelf the past 3 weeks. They were OK though so I can't be too down on them.

Expectation was to win the Big12 North. We did that. Now we get to play in Dallas for a shot at a national title which would just be gravy baby!

Best player - Gabbert most likely. However, WR Jimmie Hunt has been a real staple of the offense this season.

Best froshie.......not sure anyone of them really contributed too much.

The season has been a success. Winning the big12 north and beating KSU is our #1 goal. We did em both this season.

6. Shaun Mason

Shaun Mason Somebody you used to know.

Featured Threads:

For the most part. I really have learned to not hold the ball very long, but they run block pretty well.

Exceeded. I'm in the ACC championship game again, but I have a feeling my #2 rank is overrated.

Brandon Connette. After coming in to play 5 games due to injury last year, he has really started to play well down the stretch. He had a Favre like interception problem early in the season, but I think in the second half he has been much, much better.

Hard to say. Half way through the season I would have said Christian Ricks, but he went out with injury and Buster Smith came in and filled his shoes at running back. Also, I have to give a shout out to Erik Bailey who has played well at corner in spots.

On the field. Off the field my recruiting is HORRIBLE. I can name 10 teams with 1 star who out recruited me.

7. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:

For 2-4 snaps this year, I had no healthy QBs on my roster. They have been moderately successful in run blocking, but outside of that... meh.

I'd say so. Our team goal was to win the ACC and we have a shot to do that this year after finally beating Boston College.

WR Matt James. The best wide receiver in college and looming top 15 draft pick in the upcoming NFL draft. 6'6'' with good speed and great ball skills in the air. Really our only weapon.

The only freshmen that received a decent amount of playing time was DE Garrett Brown. He did well during his rotational role on the DL.

I'd say so. We have a shot to make it a memorable one. Recruiting is slower than usual, but I'm happy with the kids we are bringing in.

8. JrRawlins

its funny i am having one of my better recruiting seasons... but im sure the 5 star prestige has alot to do with that..... when we drop back to 4.... shit will go back to normal...

9. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

They did pretty good against AI, but not so good against users. My ypc was 2.5-3 against users, as they often were blown up

No, this is a disappointment season. Did not play very competitively against Missouri or Ole Miss. Lost some very close games to LSU, Bama, and Arkansas. But to be fair, the team took a step backward in terms of talent from last year, yet we could easily be 10-2 right now...

WR Manson. He has been the go-to receiving threat all season. Other candidates QB griffin, had some terrible games throwing a bunch of inaccurate ints, RB Griffin was running great, but was injured for remainder of season and had several costly fumbles.

On defense, Sr DE Eulls was always a force rushing the passer and making some big stuffs of the running back behind the line.

Toss up between DE White and FB. FB was pretty good at opening holes for Griffin on the ground, but White has produced 8 sacks in relief of injured McNamara.

No. We lost to rivals, and played worse against Ole Miss this year. We have landed a few solid recruits, but not as many as hoped thus far...

10. OMlawdog

OMlawdog Going full Cheeze

11. GoGators

How did you win a national championship without winning your conference?

12. JrRawlins

the BCS pollsters hated Kansas State at #1, so they put their arch-rival from years past Lawdog aka Illnois over their conference champions (alabama) into the BCS title game... and Kansas State proceeds to get the brakes beat off them...sigh...

13. GoGators

So that's not even a legit national championship....you can't win a BCS without winning your conference for crying out loud. WTF is this crap!?

For KSU, the words you guys are probably growing accustomed to: "there's always next season."

14. JrRawlins

maybe 3 or 4 seasons....