As we prepare for the OMFL Playoffs and Toilet Bowl - Game Play - EVERYONE READ

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by natedawg212000, Apr 16, 2010.

1. natedawg212000

natedawg212000 New Orleans Saints

As we prepare for the OMFL Playoffs and Toilet Bowl - Game Play - EVERYONE READ

Aight guys, I get to do something that isn't extremely fun here, but needs to be said with 2 tournaments coming up.

Lets take a walk through our rules for a quick touch up of what is sim around here:

Here's an easy one - DO YOUR JOB AND GET THE GAME SCHEDULED. Now, that was easy wasn't it? ;) Really, get the game scheduled and lets get it done. If you have lost interest then step aside and let me bring on a owner who wants to be here, just don't come calling back for a team in 2k11.

Here is another easy one. Don't be a deuce or a douche. Be a man and lets have fun playing a 'game' (shocking I know, but this isn't real NFL and you won't make millions by making the playoffs)

Simple point is I can't do something about someone you don't tell me about. If someone is unsim, report it and don't worry about what the guy will say or how mad he will get. I've pissed off about 5 owners this year, but I am going to report un-sim play. Period!

We have worked long and hard to have a system that best fits every possible situation. Plllleeeaaasseee follow by our rules and dont be a deuce about it.

(continued on next reply)

2. natedawg212000

I am just going to lump all the play rules into one. This is what we have had the MOST issues about this whole year. It's been freaking crazy.
    First, mixing it up. If 7 of your first 10 passes are playaction, guess what? You're not mixing it up! If 15 of your 25 runs are counters/cut backs (same play different name) then guess what, you're not mixing it up. If you have the same $ play that you use every freaking 3rd down, guess what, YOU'RE NOT MIXING IT UP! Come on guys, freaking mix up your play calling. We are discussing adding some new rules for next season to be more specific on this, but as of now, MIX IT UP!

Here is a look at a few rules that we MAY go with next year. Not saying we are doing all of them but this is a very very very specific list of CHEESY play:
    Ill continue on next reply

3. natedawg212000

Ok, to continue. DONT quit a game, DONT play the same stupid zone defense (probably will force teams to use man next year with a percentage rule), DONT play none base defenses (3/4, 4/3, 4/6) as a base defense (if it's not one of the 3 I listed, then don't play it the whole game), DONT move players in the lb box, DONT move players on special teams, DONT run wr and hb screens all game, DONT throw to your hb 10 times a game, DONT put d players in a gap to cause nano blitzs, DONT PLAY UN-SIM! It's not difficult, it's not confusing, if it works 100% of the time then you PROBABLY shouldn't be doing it all game long.

Don't use the challenge feature (it's broken!), and just freaking have fun and play within our rules. If you play sim then you never have to worry about 90% of these rules. I never think about our rules, unless its something stupid like when can i go for it on 4th down or something like that.

Clean up your game play and lets have fun guys. We have a great group of fellas here and a great set of tournaments getting ready to kick off. Let's not ruin it.

4. weblink21

weblink21 Walk On

Good work Nate. Thanks

5. natedawg212000

bump for all teams in playoffs!