Ask a Lead TW Developer!

Discussion in 'Rory McIlroy PGA TOUR Golf' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hello fans of EA Sports' golf franchise, Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I received the PM below from Ryno Friday:

"Hey guys, I got to meet Justin Patel one of the lead guys for Tiger. He's really excited about us supporting this title and is even willing to give us a developer interview for the launch of the Tour.

I need you guys to put together a list of questions you would like to see answered and he said he would do the best he can to provide us some info. He might not be able to talk about everything, so let's get as many questions together as we can."

Now, I for one think this is a great opportunity to have some interaction with someone that is integral in producing a game that we love, and I'm sure that you'll agree. When I saw it, and slightly speaking for Noles on the matter, I kind of drew a blank and almost thought of TOO many questions to come up with a good list.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

After all, it is your game too (duh)! So, let the questions fly! Please remember that the opportunity to ask these questions is not an open forum to voice your deepest gripes of TW 12 and/or EA Sports, and any comments that are along those lines will be dealt with accordingly. I don't think we'll have that problem though, as I'm sure that everyone realizes that this is something pretty cool that @RynoAid was able to get out to our Tiger Woods community, and something that we're all very appreciative of.

So, with that said, what would YOU like to ask a lead Tiger Woods developer?

----------

Here is what the folks on TSO are wondering:

- The initial course lineup looks great. Are there any plans to include any others for the release, or will the rest be DLC?

- I like the revamped career mode. It looks like it will hold my attention longer, especially being able to save rounds in progress and choose the scoring level of the AI. Will this save feature be available for rounds outside of career mode?

- Is there any in-game support for an online career mode? Custom online tournaments? Basically, will there be any in-game support for community based gaming like in some other EA Sports titles [Online Dynasty in NCAA Football, for example]?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

WOW that's some really cool stuff right there man. I myself have some questions but for some odd reason can't think of them at the moment i'll get back to you though lol

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Cool man - take your time. I have so many questions, everything from ball physics to course mapping to game modes. I'll try to translate some of mine into workable form to give others some idea to get the thinking going, likely tomorrow. I want to have some time to read more about the game before that as well.

To everyone: as you guys post questions I'll add them to the main post so you can easily refer to the master list, and potentially get more ideas about questions you may have.

*EDIT* I got the ball rolling - check out the initial post for my first few questions. If my questions are dumb/already happened in TW 11 [I took 11 off and am still playing 10 randomly] let me know and I'll remove them.

4. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

post this in the locker room Basis

5. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Something about the game that I would like answered before the game drops.
    1. The power boost from products like clubs and shoes even socks can we get those taken out when playing in a Tournament. Kind of like in Call of Duty Black Ops where you play barebones with no perks?
    2. Will Titleist be in the game this year?
    3. Any way we could widen the fairways or tighten the fairways for a tougher easier course. Any chance for course architecture?

6. Bl0ndeRedHead

Bl0ndeRedHead Official TSO Pothead

Ya my biggest question would be if there are any plans for course architecture/creating your own course at some point in the future, and the online integration of communities like ours along the lines of NCAA's online dynasty feature

• Like Like x 1
  7. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hey guys, I'm going to lock this and move it to the Locker Room per Ryno. Check in up there - I'll move your added questions into it. Thanks!

8. KnightNoles

KnightNoles Learn to Compete

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.