Ask a Tiger Woods 12 Lead Developer!

Discussion in 'Locker Room' started by Basis4aDay56, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Hello fans of EA Sports' golf franchise, Tiger Woods PGA Tour. I received the PM below from Ryno Friday:

"Hey guys, I got to meet Justin Patel one of the lead guys for Tiger. He's really excited about us supporting this title and is even willing to give us a developer interview for the launch of the Tour.

I need you guys to put together a list of questions you would like to see answered and he said he would do the best he can to provide us some info. He might not be able to talk about everything, so let's get as many questions together as we can."

Now, I for one think this is a great opportunity to have some interaction with someone that is integral in producing a game that we love, and I'm sure that you'll agree. When I saw it, and slightly speaking for Noles on the matter, I kind of drew a blank and almost thought of TOO many questions to come up with a good list.

WE NEED YOUR HELP!

After all, it is your game too (duh)! So, let the questions fly! Please remember that the opportunity to ask these questions is not an open forum to voice your deepest gripes of TW 12 and/or EA Sports, and any comments that are along those lines will be dealt with accordingly. I don't think we'll have that problem though, as I'm sure that everyone realizes that this is something pretty cool that @RynoAid was able to get out to our Tiger Woods community, and something that we're all very appreciative of.

So, with that said, what would YOU like to ask a lead Tiger Woods developer?

----------

Here is what the folks on TSO are wondering:

- The initial course lineup looks great. Are there any plans to include any others for the release, or will the rest be DLC?

- I like the revamped career mode. It looks like it will hold my attention longer, especially being able to save rounds in progress and choose the scoring level of the AI. Will this save feature be available for rounds outside of career mode?

- Is there any in-game support for an online career mode? Custom online tournaments? Basically, will there be any in-game support for community based gaming like in some other EA Sports titles [Online Dynasty in NCAA Football, for example]?

- Will Titleist be in the game this year?

- Will it be possible to disable the attribute boosts gained from shirts, shoes, socks, etc. during tournament play?

- Is there any ability for console users to design courses and upload them to an EA Locker, or something to that effect, like there is on the PC version of the game?

- Will there be practice modes/minigames like a chipping green/putting green, driving range, mini golf, etc.?

- Have there been any improvements/additions to the online tournament feature this year?

- Will there be any new celebrations in this years game or are they pretty much the same as last year?

- What is your favorite game mode, Justin?

2. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Please feel free to post your additional questions!

3. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

4. Bulldog

Bulldog Coach Richt is my Dawg!

I will post some questions this weekend

5. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Is Natalie Gulbis in the game? If I beat her in a tournament, will she undress?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Bulldog

that would be awesome

7. Bulldog

How many DLC courses will there be this year, on wikipedia it says 2 DLC courses but will there be more?

What is EA doing to improve the online tournament feature this year?

Will there be any new celebrations in this years game or are they pretty much the same as last year?

What golf brand names will be in this years game?

Are there any improvements on the in-game commentators?

8. abolishthefed

abolishthefed Specializing in mediocrity

Do they have an option where you can get sponsored by different manufacturers for balls, irons, drivers, etc?

9. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Will there be practice modes / minigames like a chipping green/putting green, driving range, mini golf, etc.?

A course creator would be the best... especially if it was done on the cpu and then moved over like team builder.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Jim. Nantz.

11. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

12. Bulldog

Im talking in the way they commentate the game not really who it will be.

13. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Ah, gotcha. I'm pumped about Nantz.

14. Bulldog

Yeah he should be a good addition last years was just BLAH, i turned it off. lol

15. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

The best was Mccord and Ferhety they were hilarious!!
    I have another couple of ?'s. Since we are starting a league soon i threw in TW11 to mess around with. I am playing career mode and noticed the sick scores the CPU was putting up 58-61 is just ridiculous. This got me to thinking why are they scoring 58-61 in round 2 when they shot a even par 70 in round 1. I think I might have an answer and I wonder if I am right. TW11 does not want to piss the Tour Pros off that lend their names to the game. This means no one is too far off from the lead and can win and even the stats out. The leader boards are too packed for example I was 5 shots off the lead going into round 4 and I was in 65th place. Really 65 people within 5 shots of the lead that does not happen in real life.

In this years career mode can you start on the Tour or do you have to qualify 1st?

16. Wick36

Wick36 Welcome to the Jungle

Which game mode do you enjoy most?

17. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Make sure you guys check the blog out... a lot of good info there that will answer some of your questions.

18. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Any more questions guys? I'd like to try to get them to Justin by the end of the week.

Also, if you don't see your question added to the top post, there is one of two reasons for that: 1) the question you asked is answered on the TW blog/website or 2) your question was very close to what someone else already had written.

Good stuff so far guys, thank you - keep it coming!

19. Twister18

Twister18 I aint got time to bleed!

I guess I may have to pick that one up! [​IMG]

20. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

If anyone else has any questions for Justin, get 'em posted on Thursday or Friday please! Going to send the final list over to Ryno on Saturday morning/afternoon.

21. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

yes, get them to me and i will be able to possibly interview him in person with YOUR questions...

• Like Like x 1
  22. Oblong

Oblong Walk On

I think I can help you with some of your questions.

The game, well TW11 and previous years anyways, had a rubber band AI that would take into account your previous round score and adapt to it. So if you shot in the 50's in round 1, then the AI would do likewise in the following round. So you could should in the 70's in round 3 and then blow the doors off the AI in the final round.

That issue has been addressed in TW12 by allowing you to set the difficulty of the AI as you play through career mode. So they will shoot in a certain range of scores based on the difficulty you choose regardless of how you shoot.

As for commentary...both Jim Nance and David Ferhety are in TW12.

For getting on the PGA Tour, you will have to go through Q School, then the Nationwide Tour before you can play with the PGA Tour pros. There is also an EA Qualifier event prior to Q School in the game that you can bypass by playing the demo that will be released March 8th!

Finally, Justin is a great guy. A true gamer that got the golden ticket to actually work for EA. He brings alot of knowledge from a gamer perspective to the dev team and has been instrumental in helping them improve gameplay and identify glitches in previous versions. TW12 is going to be one of those big step years like we've seen in other EA sports titles.

• Like Like x 1
  23. mcyork

mcyork Walk On

Thanks Oblong, I hope you are right about the big steps. I kind of figured about the rubber band AI but I was talking more about the fact that soooo many golfers where bunched together on the leader board. No biggie can't wait for this to drop gonna download this tonight.

24. Basis4aDay56

Basis4aDay56 Walk On

Okay guys, thank you for your submissions! I'm going to send Ryno the finalized questions. We will post the answers along with a nice article for the main site.

Fairways and greens!