Ask SH - New Direction

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by HackGolfer, Sep 11, 2012.

?

Select the idea(s) you wish to see implemented:

1. Mandatory 48 hour advance

80.0%
  2. Replace Game Summaries with Coaching Twitter Feeds

50.0%
  3. Open Coaching Carousel to all teams

70.0%
  4. Other (specify in thread)

10.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Guys,

It has been pretty obvious that activity and our advances have suffered as of late, as I must shoulder the blame for not keeping everyone on their toes in this league. It is time to change things up moving forward and restore this league back to the greatness it once was.

I have a few ideas that I want everyone to vote on to see if we can find the spark to get rolling again:

Mandatory 48 Hour advance:

Lately, we have been slacking a bit on advances. In order to fully reap the benefits of using coaching carousel and the game in general, we need to strive for 24-48 hours.

Replace Game Summaries with Coaching Twitter Feeds:

We started out great with summaries, but those have slowly died to only a handful of guys doing them. (I know, I am one of the worst offenders here). Here is the compromise: In the game summaries forum, everyone creates their own self titled twitter feed thread - not a real twitter account, (ie. @SH_Coach Hack)... Here, you can post anything from recruiting grabs, injury reports and game/score updates in a twitter format.

Open Coaching Carousel:

I thought we had a great idea with how to control the coaching carousel to reinforce recruiting rivalries and the importance of goals, but unfortunately have little control of the AI behind CC, I think it fell a little flat in the last offseason.. so if we open it up to any job across the country, would you land a team you have more passion with?

Note: The same rule would apply regarding breaking only one contract in succession.

Other:

Have another great idea you wish to see implemented. This thread is your platform.

controllerabuser
    Cimmy24
    BG
    ryty32
    Diddy81
    H22APWRD94
    onaradio34
    NeuroticTruth
    pitt4life21
    Blackattack87
    BobJr

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  2. onaradio34

onaradio34 Tryin not to show how little I know bout anything

I did not select any of the selections because I am still having fun and feel engaged/invested in my team. I feel like by choosing one I will be speculating on why some have lost interest.

My only question is about the twitter feed. Is that a fake twitter or do I have to create one. I literally have no social media accounts and really have no interest in it at all. I assume normal game summaries would still be ok, right?

• Like Like x 2
  3. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Fake one. Would just be a thread dedicated to you as a coach and your team in lieu of week specific game summaries, and yes, normal game summaries here would suffice if that is the overall direction we head to.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cimmy24

Cimmy24 Candy Ass Self

Keep the summaries. Let's not take away from the site. Guys can still post,

Bowling Green 13 Idaho 18

Great game...yada yada

• Like Like x 1
  5. BG

BG On The Rize!

I'm still learning how to run the spread so any team I would potentially go to would run it also, so I figure whats the point of leaving anyways. However, if allowing others to play at schools they feel more passionate about to revive this league to NCAA '11 status (Nebraska was the shizzznitz), I'm all for it. SH was my first ever league on TSO and I would hate for it to just go away! JMO!​

• Like Like x 2
  6. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    I'm all for mandatory advances, how can you not be.

As far as summaries go, I think we should leave both options available. We do have a recruiting thread to post updates and we have the summaries threads to post summaries. While I feel its a good idea to move towards a "twitter" style of posting, I dont think it would make people more likely to post summaries and updates. In reality, it doesnt matter what format we use, it just comes down to people taking the time to do the content.

I'm all for opening up the CC, as long as we dont get too spread at. I would hate for everyone to bail on the ACC and leave me alone with no user conference games. I find the user games much more fun then playing the CPU, tbqh.

Like I said, it really all just comes down to being dedicated. I understand peoples struggles with staying motivated when you're losing and its taking 3+ days to advance. I know we have other leagues starting up that are going to draw some of your attention as well, but if we pick up the advance times interest should come back imo.

7. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    The Advances are the key. If you aren't moving at a 24-48 hour pace then you aren't getting the full advantage of being in an online dynasty. The whole idea is to recruit, scout, and then end up playing and developing the guys that you brought into the OD.

I think it's really easy for guys just to post a pic and a score of what happened. Hell it just has to be a sentence. I will admit the twitter feeds are actually pretty cool, and I think Cimmy has done a great job in HK with the Twitters. It has really been cool to see other guys just follow his lead on that.

Im all for opening the CC, but it should be within a Region I believe. Say you can only accept a job in the south or something like that. This way you keep the recruiting aspect in the game.

I voted for other and here is why..

The Recruiting NEEDS to be harder. We need to come up with restrictions to make recruiting harder and more challenging.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NeuroticTruth

NeuroticTruth dont know , dont care

Featured Threads:
    1. Does this mean you're joining SH?

2. While I havnt had problems filling my board with my allotted amount of scholarships, I havnt really signed beast prospects either (partly due to the 3* prestige of the school and my 4-8 season last season). I would have to agree though as a whole when I look at the monsters other teams are signing. Maybe limit the amount of guys you can sign in the top 20, 50, and 100 or something like that?

9. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    1. You'll have to wait and see.

2. Idk how things have looked for you guys. But in the Deuce at 4 star Texas Tech I pulled a 5 star and then average around 8-10 4 stars a season. Maybe just some sort of minor restrictions, such as If they are a 4 star or above and your not in the top 10 by week 3, then you can't recruit them. Something of that nature.

10. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
  11. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

CPU has been seeming to hold their own weight in recruiting so far in SH:

Capture.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  12. BobJr

BobJr To each their own

Featured Threads:
    not too shabby

13. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Ok, the general consensus has been:

* Yes to the 48 hour hard advances - will be implemented as we advance to Week #10
    * No to getting rid of the game summaries -- If you want to create a twitter type coaching thread, you may do so [do it in main SH forum] but is optional. Game summaries are however required, no matter how simple they are
    * Yes to opening up coaching carousel with restrictions. I think having everyone online during the offseason can help simplify what jobs an user can take on the fly rather than drafting specific rules that may or may not come in handy.

• Like Like x 1
  14. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Limiting those guys also limits the possibility of attaining your goals in CC. I have to have a top50 class all 4 seasons, otherwise I take a pretty negative hit on the contract. HackGolfer, are we on the highest recruiting level?

P.S. Welcome back BobJr

15. HackGolfer

HackGolfer Administrator

Yessir we are on Heisman. I think limiting the class # is the best we can do to still give guys a realistic chance of meeting their HC goals in the carousel. Otherwise, its just going to be one firing after the next, aka pitt4life21 style :D

• Like Like x 1
  16. H22APWRD94

H22APWRD94 RG3 Bandwagon

Hawaii, again?

• Like Like x 1