ASKING FOR ASSISTANCE.MADDEN CONNECTION ISSUE

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by GMONEY 15, Sep 17, 2012.

1. GMONEY 15

GMONEY 15 2015 BCS Champs

Sup fellas

I am having a major connection issue with Madden 13. I have been living here in ASIA for almost 4 years and have been playing on XBOX each and every one of them. I have NEVER had any major connection issues until this dam Madden 13 game. I played only 4 games. 2 in this league and 2 on the lobby. All 4 games have had some sort of lag on it. My week1 game was horrible and my week 2 was a bit laggy as well. I don't want to drop out of this league. Now I do save the on-line rosters that change every week just like I did for last years game. Now another message comes up and it asks if we wanted to save the career rosters. I said NO and continue. Should I have SAVED that as well? I am asking if anyone knows anything I can do different to get a better connection/ I have both a Router Linkseys .. and a Modem....Motorola. I sometimes turn them on and off just to clear things up connection wise. I also turn off my Laptop so all the speed goes straight to my Madden game. I have a password so now dickhead can get into my connection.

Just fishing for advise. Like I said earlier I have been here for almost 4 years now and haven't had it this bad connection wise until this years Madden game. For the people that know me and how I am about my gaming, I just don't like any issues what so ever. I just play my games SIM and SMASH MOUTH.

Thanks

G

2. Jmustang1968

Jmustang1968 Walk On

I doubt it has anything to do with the roster file.

Other than that, I have no suggestions, especially if you do not get lag while playing NCAA...

3. GMONEY 15

Yeah bro that's the crazy part about it. it sucks if I can't play in the league as I don't play this game offline as I got it just for this league. Very frustrated right now.

4. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

I'd go to a site like Speedtest.net see what your pulling as far as speeds go, maybe your ISP struggles during certain time periods. Ensure your NAT is open, and if your using a router ensure your XBox is set within the DMZ of the router, removing if from any type of firewall etc... You don't have to worry about getting viruses on your xbox. EA's servers have always been suspect. Also if you can try to direct connect, if that is a fix you know its a problem with the fine tuning an not your connection as a whole.

I know your speed may be good, but playing a game half the world away you will struggle at times with latency issues. I've played Forza and FPS with my dudes I used to be stationed with in the UK, Japan, and Germany and there always is a bit of lag, nothing killer but def not as smooth as playing some on CONUS.

• Like Like x 1
  5. GMONEY 15

Sup Bernie...Thanks for the info. I have to have a router and can't DC. How can I check the XBOX to make sure that its set within the DMZ of my router? Is that something I can do or do I have to get one of those Techs from my Cable place out to the crib again.

6. Black Republican

Black Republican TMFL Commish -- **ISYMFS** --

Log on to your xbox...
    >>System Settings>>Network Settings>>>Configure Network>>>

Write down the Gateway address, should be 192.168.0.something....
    Go to your main PC/laptop, type that number in the address bar (192.168.0.1) or whatever that number is...

From there you should get prompt to enter some sort of code, which usually its user/user or admin/admin, once your in it there should be some sort of setting in there to allow you to put your xbox IP address which is also on your Xbox screen, in the DMZ. Look me up on AIM or Skype if you need help.