Assigning individual man coverage

Discussion in 'TMFL' started by CWT 3000, May 18, 2011.

1. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Does anyone use the Man Coverage hot route that often? Seems this year it takes too long to go through the hot routes. In years past it was quick and easy and i used it quite a bit on slot WR or the TE. I tried practicing on-line vs dudes in ranked games, but shit by the time I assign my SS to man coverage on the slot or TE the ball is being hiked and my defense is all out of place.

There has to be a better way to implement this. I wish they had the spotlight a WR option available as well. What tips do you guys have? Anyone else notice this BS?

2. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Its pointless to try to use the hot route to assign a man because it takes too long. It worked perfectly fine in years past until they added that lame ass strategy pad this year. That WR spotlight is in the game you just dont see the circle icon around the player you are spotlighting it still works the same as last year.

3. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

If you know all the hot route buttons for it, it shouldn't be to bad. Its not something I do ever so I can't speak to it but I would think if you know it by heart you shouldn't have too many issues. I'm more prone to start a guy in man then audible him to zone - much faster.

Whats the spotlight - Right Trigger then the button of the WR?

4. rushers24

rushers24 Walk On

It can be done. I have used it from time to time. You just have to be really fast and know exactly what buttons to press as soon as the plays are called. Typically your only going to have time to do one defensive hot route like that. My advice would be to go into practice mode for defense and try practicing it there.

5. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Spotlight only works in Off-line games, EA removed it from on-line play. I used to love it for on-line play back in the day. Prevented cheeser's from abusing a WR in certain formations/plays.

6. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Ya I started off in practice mode, then went live. Keep running into the same issue. I get to the CB/Safety I want to put in man (usually SS on the slot WR or TE) coverage, then as I am trying to highlight my player I'd like to control- balls hiked and I'm left controlling a dude who at this point is out of position and BOOM, big play.

I have found that when i have time and get my assignments properly set, it works pretty nice. Person on offense usully belives I'm in zone, and when they look to the slot or TE for help, there is a split second they're open, then all of a sudden the SS jumps the route! Combine this with a blitz (if u have time) and you can keep the offense off their game.

This is really the first time I've tried playing with it this this year, so it should get better (I hope). I got the Falcons next so If I hold him to under 600 yards passing it'll a moral victory.

7. capp34

capp34 Say Hello to the Bad Guy!

Trust me its there, I went through the the trouble of testing it out when I first got the game. The circle is not there but the Defense reacts to whoever you spot light. I use it every game mostly on the slot WR or TEs if they are being abused.

8. XLenceofXQtion

XLenceofXQtion Walk On

I've become pretty quick with the man cov audible....First I hold down "B" and use the "D-pad" go select my defender. The Press "A", follow by down on right stick (which used to be blitz in all previous maddens). then press button corresponding WR, done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

From what I've read here, does this mean "quick snapping" allowed?

10. Keller

Keller The enemy of my enemy is my friend.

Not sure what that means - Ive heard zero gripes from anyone about people purposefully snapping the ball the prevent the defense from doing what that want. On the other hand, I'm a very slow offensive player anyway so that could be a factor.

I've heard zero complaints though.

11. CWT 3000

CWT 3000 Walk On

Cool. I'll have to try it again. I posted something about SL a WR on Operation Sports back in December and got 10 different responses, but a majority said it no longer worked in head-to-head on-line games. I just assumed they were right, because I didn't notice a difference the few times I used it.

12. CHUNKNESS

CHUNKNESS Commissioner Quality Simulation Football

Correct. Basically it's rushing the offense to the line and snapping the ball w/out allowing your opponent to make any defensive adjustments and/or change to the defensive player they want to control.

13. ChickenOfTheSea

ChickenOfTheSea TMFL Goat Herder

I would say Deliberate constant quick snapping would potentially be a problem. But so far the guys here don't play that way. you will occasionally see a hurry up series in a sim situation. Or something. But not no NFL team can "quick snap" and its schematically most of the guys here would me like a mouthy girlfriend just using schemes if I tried quick snapping. Also so many of the D adjustments can be done Before the huddle animation is even done.