ASU Sundevils

Discussion in 'The Tradition' started by RynoAid, Feb 11, 2009.

1. RynoAid

RynoAid ..

ASU Sundevils

diagram Ramirez's 5 offensive plays... :D

2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    ASU's offense revolved around his two impact and best offensive weapons in Sullivan and Scott.

Scott he likes to get him the short pass and get him in YAC situations so things like the screen to WR and slants, curls he will bust them out. Surprisingly, doesn't like to go with the bomb with Scott as I don't recall it much. Sullivan is his impact and easily IMO top go-to man. He's equally adept rushing and receiving and he'll catch passes as a WR and do what he does best, which is run away from you. Place pressure on ASU as they tend to have two options and that is Sullivan and Scott...if they aren't open he doesn't really try to get the ball to the other options, though I'd must say I was aware of his 96 speed WR in the slot...but again, ASU doesn't go for the big play but instead goes for smaller short plays which he wants to break for TD's.

Defensively you have to watch out for 94 speed LB (Moody)...More times then not he's coming on a manual blitz from the outside and he tends to loop the ends...so I suggest to move up and around in the pocket to avoid the rush. Also since he blitzes his LB, it usually leads the TE open so quick passes are definitely a must. Not much of a manual player though he'll use the LB sometimes.

3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    cmon let's get some other opinions in these or i'll stop lol

ASU 2nd time around was different. Their strength was more towards the running game with 3 elite speed RB's. Atkins moved ahead of Sullivan as Atkins possesses a bit more speed. Atkins is a tough runner inside but he did most of his work going to the outside. I was able to contain the run game with the speedy backs. He has a speedy WR in Love but he's not as prevalent in the passing game as Scott was from years past. Love was contained most of the time by my CB Jerry Richard. ASU adjusted well with success moving his RB from the backfield out into passing patterns.

Defensively, plays with his end and he'll rush there. With his LB I think he follows whatever the play has it designed for him. And he'll use his safety. Though his biggest strength is with the end.

4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Walk On

Featured Threads:
    Ramirez had a few big play guys on his squad at the WR position...love and ham...if you love ham, you will love ASU's two headed beast.

From the get, he went for the jugglar, Ham got hurt early but he was trying for the bomb with Love. It didn't work at first, save a few times.

ASU though has stud RB Atkins and he's the man. I wouldn't worry too much about the backup Rogers, who is a beast himself but he's more of a back who gives Atkins a breather. Atkins IMO is the gel of this team. He'll spread out wide and burn your CB if your not careful. He'll ram up the gut but don't let him get outside as he'll burn you. ASU found success with their oline improving over the game, and keeping Lambert clean. He'll scramble out the pocket to get more time with his guys running routes and he found big success, blitz if you dare, you may get burned...double edge sword.

Defense wise he was more of a sitback approach. You can find success throwing because i think aside from his beastly end, the line doesn't generate much. His defense adjusted to me, i think to which they went to a cover 4, which i struggled against. Grind it out against that line maybe the best option.

Ramirez made big time adjustments in this game which was the most impressive aspect. I'm lucky i hit the big run at the right time or I was catching a L.