Asu @ usc

Discussion in 'Game Summaries' started by bringbackjimmy, Apr 7, 2009.

1. bringbackjimmy

bringbackjimmy WTFWTTD

Asu @ usc

Posted in other thread, but i'll make it legit by putting it here....

My Main Concern going into this game was trying to stop Atkins and making sure my D was always in position to cut off the back side holes. Well mission accomplished as he only got 66yrds(13lg) on 15 carries.

He started the first half and drove the field and with last yr shellacking still on my mind all i could think was here we go again. This time i held him to a FG and that would be it for the scoring in the 1st qtr. The 2nd qtr started after I ended the 1st with a Pick. luckliy the pick wasn't all bad as it backed him deep on his side of the ball and I converted it into a saftey making the score 3-2. Offensively my lack of WR hurt me especially when Browning was dropping everything when he would get open. After another pick forcing it to browning he took it down the field and made it a 10-2 game. Luckily I was able to answer back with a option play where i barely got the ball out and gordon took it in from 30 yrds out. The 2pt conversion to tie it up was failed and we went in to HT down 10-8.

In the 2nd Half it was all about Patrick Gordon who was able to take the game into his hands and just able to manhandle the ASU Defense. He scored his 2nd TD and we went up 15-10. My defense with one of their 4 sacks on the day backed Lambert and the ASU offense to a 3rd and long which resulted in Oliver to come up with a Pick deep in USC territory. That play preceeded the biggest blow to ASU as Browning finally stepped up and to a screen pass 87 yrds to take a commanding 22-10 lead in to the 4th qtr. Patrick Gordon sealed the deal midway through the 4th qtr with a 4yrd td run.

Patrick Gordon was the player of the game as he came away with 199 yrds and 3 TD's on 35 carries.