AT&T U-VERSE

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by PepperNY, Nov 10, 2010.

1. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Has anyone heard anything about AT&T's U-VERSE? Ive been thinking about cutting costs and dumping Direct TV since my contract is just about up and with Netflix,Hulu and other streaming services I could cut out cable TV all together. I currently have Cox Cummunications for my cable internet but AT&T is offering a sweet deal for their U-Verse package and I just found out its availiable in my area. From what I have read the Uverse is comparable to Verizon's Fios with the fiber optics. Any feedback is appreciated guys

2. nikpin

nikpin Universitas Brunensis

I've got it and I like it. We've got the U-Verse Cable/Net package and our bill is a shade under $90 a month. They basically offer a bit more variety that some of the other services as we don't have HD or a DVR as that pushes it up to Time Warner territory. The internet never goes out which is awesome and is as fast as I could ever want. No complaints what so ever.

3. Iron Mickey

Iron Mickey I'd take her out for some casadias

No NFL Sunday Ticket though

4. PepperNY

PepperNY Fear the Spear

Yeah thats my 1 hangup about it. I have NFL Sunday Ticket right now and get to see my the Giants every week living in Florida which is nice but the cost of NFL Sunday Ticket is outrageous taking my Direct TV bill to around $140 a month and after Football Season is over it drops to around $80 not to mention I pay Cox Communications $65 a month for their highest speed internet. Trying to decide on the cost vs luxury right now as if I went with U-Verse it would save me alot of money from the looks of it.

5. BigSmooth33

BigSmooth33 Walk On

Hey, I have both Pep...

I signed up for Direct TV for my bonus room, solely for the Ticket, and have U-Verse everywhere else, with the internet.

I find the internet is phenomenal, and love the fact that every box is basically a modem... No need to use wireless for the PS3. I can direct connect into the box as a modem and it has fixed any/all of my connection issues in gaming.

I also like the fact that the NFL Redzone is only like a cost of $10/month. The HD channels are crisp and I like the menus, etc.

My only complaint is that you can't watch HD in multiple rooms at the same time, unless its the same channel. For example, if I'm watching a basketball game on ESPN in the bonus room, and the wife wants to watch Keeping up with the Kardashians or whatever stupid ass shows she watches in HD, it can't be done... She can choose to interrupt my broadcast and watch, and I will promptly run downstairs and sort her out or have to watch her dumb shit show in HD or change to a standard def channel. All in all, its not that big of a deal and love U-verse. Good channel selection, but you will be sacrificing access to any of the pro sports packages. Still have options for ESPN Game plan and the NCAA basketball plan they have.

You may want to downgrade your DirectTv to bare minimum for access/option for sports package and use U-Verse predominantly throughout the rest of the house like I did.

6. bravejaf

bravejaf Walk On

I miss U-Verse as that was far superior to my curent cable provider. Like BigSmooth stated every cable box acts as a modem so I could plug my 360 directly into that without a router. The Internet speed was very reliable and the TV service was far better than my provider (Insight). I only had 1 or 2 outages with Uverse and was using it for about 3 years. It is a bit pricy but I had near max Internet speed and HD service with DVR.