1. If you haven't seen already, TSO is now powered by Discord! This means that we will eventually be disbanding the embedded chat on the main forum page. Head to this page to learn more on how to integrate your TSO account with discord! https://traditionsportsonline.com/wiki/discord-integration/

ATENTION: Please Answer this poll question.

Discussion in 'Thread Archive' started by Jeremy, Oct 11, 2010.

?

Do you use Default Team offensive and/or defensive playbooks in your league games?

1. I use BOTH team default offensive & defensive playbooks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I use team default offensive but NOT defensive playbooks.

62.5%
  3. I use team default defensive but NOT offensive playbooks.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. I dont use either team default offensive or defensive playbooks.

37.5%
  1. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

ATENTION: Please Answer this poll question.

Changing team playbooks is 100% legal in OMFL so please answer trufully and honestly.

I am going somewhere with this.

2. Miklos_Nyiszli

Miklos_Nyiszli Walk On

hmm well people like diffences of playbook and u cant pick ur headcoach or his play calling but all u can do it pick the team.. i think changing playbook is a good thing so u can decide what way u like to call plays and not the way of ur head coach that u may not like..

3. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I use the same offensive and defensive playbooks in every game. Neither of them are Buffalo's.

4. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

I'm in Detroit. Why would I use Detroit's defaults? lol

I know why you are posting this poll, though, Jeremy, so I'll let it work its course.

5. mustang20241

mustang20241 Walk On

I use TEN offense and Multiple D

reason: miami doesnt have a press zone, wildcat is retarded, and no 5 WR set

6. Coach KO

Coach KO Walk On

I dont use default anything and I dont use any one playbook. I will eventually use one offensive playbook. It will take me feeling comfortable with it before I do.

Defensively it is more gameplanning on personnel. QB's that can run deserve more attention. So there may be times that a contain or multiple would be a better playbook versus a straight 4-3 or 3-4 (in my humble opinion)

7. StevenRhysCann

StevenRhysCann Arizona Cardinals

I'll put mine out there, I use the balanced O playbook and the multiple D playbook in 90% of my games.

Multiple D is for obvious reasons, it's the best (most varied) playbook unless you want to blitz a lot, in which case use the Jets/Ravens/Eagles D. As for balanced O, I just hated the playbook that I had in Buffalo and also the one I had in Carolina in another league, so rather than go looking for the best team one I thought i'd just get as good as I could with the balanced one. It's a work in progress, but i'm getting there. The poll is very telling, that so far nobody uses either of their own teams playbooks.

8. Matt54987

Matt54987 Walk On

I use Oakland on offense and the Jets on defense, unless of course I have a team that doesn't run the 3-4.

9. NDCOLTS1979

NDCOLTS1979 I love you red solo cup

I run what the team runs

10. Claven

Claven OMFL-Redskins

I always have used the Panthers playbook. Thats just how I feel the game should be played. Probably why I never make the playoffs though.

11. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Says the man who is currently leading the NFC South, I believe.

Maybe I should try the default playbooks then. lol

12. Big D

Big D Walk On

I use team defaults....Jax offense and defense. I have always done this. I felt it kind of a challenge to learn new playbooks, and implement them successfully. I used SEA playbook for one season in Madden 10 but failed utterly and went back to default Jags during my OMFL Bowl run.

I have to say, this years Jags playbook is AWESOME. Its the best defensive book nobody is talking about...its flexibility and variations make it a top 5 book no doubt. I truly can't believe more people aren't running it.

13. VishaL

VishaL OMFL Eagles / PMFL Seahawks

i use the same playbook from madden 10 and the plays are still the same, the bills offensive playbook(although wildcat doesnt work at all this year) and multi d for defense, i have at times used the dolphins, saints and chiefs offensive playbook

14. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I use the Texans offensive playbook - fits my style of play and team nicely. As for defense, I use the Dolphins playbook simply because I am a Dolphins fan and mostly play with them, so I have a good handle of the plays that work well for me and where to find them quickly.

15. wajomatik

wajomatik Magister De Puer De Vacca

I always have used Dallas PB's. I've tried a couple other but I always come back to Dal. I love 3-4 and offensive PB is balanced nicely.

16. bigox1337

bigox1337 Walk On

yeah we can use someone elses playbook but what is the freaking point is it keeps disconnecting... First shot, pick the books u want, after one disconnect, default books, after two disconnects, play a quarter of unranked first... PROBLEM SOLVED.

i went from zona Obook and NYJ Dbook to team default for the last two games and not had a problem with disconnects, sad to say but this might be the cuase of the disc issues.

17. pbates86

pbates86 Walk On

Am I the only one not having problems with d/c?

18. Jeremy

Jeremy The ONLY 2 time OMFL CHampion!!!!

I saw that you use neither default playbooks.

And your not having d/c issues.

19. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

its silly to say the playbooks are causing the D/C's, I dont use either Chargers playbooks and have never had ANY disconnects with any of my games, ever

20. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

but who knows

21. BadaBing319

BadaBing319 OMFL Broncos / PMFL Eagles

I'm with Sammy on the playbook thing...

As for D/C's, it seems to me the biggest issue is when guys don't have the latest online roster. I suggest we make it a league rule for guys to download the latest roster prior to playing a league game and see if that helps things.

22. sammymitchell25

sammymitchell25 Walk On

I didnt know everyone was still having the disconnect issues, did everyone erase their game and save data that was posted a while back?

My main issue is my DEFENSE issue, I cant fix it, but everyone goes nuts vs me, Its either I win a shootout, or I lose

23. Winuvas

Winuvas OMFL Jets

Sammy, you and I need to talk then.

Let's get you a scheme going. :)

24. Big D

Big D Walk On

I think it might be the latest online roster that is causing DC problems. Its not the playbooks. I use default Jags playbooks and last weeks games was the first time I've had any kind of disconnect issues. . .and even that we just waited for an hour, I downloaded the new rosters and it was lag free perfect!

25. coachgaddy

coachgaddy Mega 49ers, OMFL Pats

I use a different defensive playbook but when D/C are happening I go to default everything.