Athletes - this is how low we've sunk

Discussion in 'The Cheap Seats' started by Hellisan, Dec 2, 2010.

1. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I know that everybody has seen the Derek Anderson clips. You don't need me to dissect them, to point out how stupid it was, or anything.

But here's how bad it's gotten overall.

A two-bit QB who was somewhat of a prospect in college, but who anybody who saw him knew would be a turnover machine in the pros; who probably is rarely "recognized" in public, who hasn't made an overly obscene amount of money...

Can stand in front of video cameras, microphones, and semi-intelligent to intelligent journalists, and say that he wasn't laughing at any point. The cameras displayed him laughing on television? No problem. I still wasn't laughing. In fact, I never laugh, ever.

So even in the face of smoking-gun evidence he can flip the lying switch, and stick to his guns, and in fact go on the offensive. THIS is how coddled these fucktards are.

Sometimes I get so tired of the way these guys are that I want to stop watching sports. The bullshit, the ape-like chest beating, and the perverted sense of self are just about too much to take.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Randiesel75

Randiesel75 Walk On

This is true. Consequently, I find myself falling out of love with football more and more these days due to things of this nature.

3. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    I think he was right to question the reporter. Honestly, you know he asked the question to get a reaction out of him. He did ask it professionally though, unlike some journalists.

I don't mind a QB joking with his OL on the sidelines. Is it ideal? Of course not, you would want him focused and preparing for the next series. But if my OL comes over to me and tells me that the DE I'm trying to block smells like a two-week old tuna sandwhich, I would probably get a chuckle out of it.

How stupid did DA make himself look? This is a grown man, mind you, completely denying something that he knows for a fact is captured on multiple cameras. Just sort of silly on his part.

Has he come back out and apologized for being such a 'tard?

4. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

I dunno. If he had said you know, that stuff is between me and my teammate, and I'm not going to answer that question, I'd have no reaction to it. Or tell the truth and say the guy was trying to make him feel better with a joke. Whatever the truth was, was probably fine. That, or tell the guy you're not answering that line of questioning.

5. Drifterbub

Drifterbub Help me hide a body?

Featured Threads:
    Right. Some people just don't know how to conduct themselves. Athletes or not.

6. Colemanchu

Colemanchu GOAT SPLITTER

Derrik Anderson wasn't watching the game on TV like the rest of us. So when he said he wasn't laughing I'm sure he meant more in terms of having a good time and mucking it up, instead of I wasn't laughing for that one second in the middle of the game where the cameras just happened to be pointing at me. I'm sure after the game that was one of the last moments through out the three hours that he would remember, unless it was in fact an epic joke. Like the one where the chicken crosses the road.

7. Hellisan

Hellisan Schemin 'em up

This Cam Newton thing is bugging me too. I didn't watch the whole game today but I saw some highlights.

So at the VERY least his dad was trying to shop him. All the rules I have ever heard were that if the parent does something wrong it affects the kid. Instead they re-instate him. Personally? I don't believe that he had no knowledge whatsoever of his dad's doings. But regardless, maybe he didn't I dunno.

But IF he did know... And it later comes out, and he gets his Heisman stripped, a possible national championship taken away... I will look back on the way he is conducting himself with a good deal of "you're a fucking ignoramus"

Instead of just kinda being glad that he's getting this chance and maybe keeping his head down, he's showboating like fucking crazy.

His mom is in the stands with a DIAMOND ENCRUSTED Auburn jersey? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WOMAN?!

I just don't get people these days, they have ABSOLUTELY no shame. I guess it's not just in sports, you have Kim Kardashian getting exposed in a sex tape and it just makes her more popular. The entire essence of our society is just a bunch of fucking pigs mobbing to get more notoriety, good, bad, or otherwise.