Athletico Bilbao

Discussion in 'TFL: League 1 Red' started by Jon MK, Jul 22, 2011.

1. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

[​IMG]

Athletic Club's upcoming matches for week three will be tough. I expect my players to play well, but I
    am still waiting for the man up front, Fernando Llorente to come into his form and start producing not
    unlike he was during preseason friendlies. Llorente is a world class striker and I expect more from him
    heading into these next weeks. A tough week three fixture has the top two teams versus this team
    and I expect them to perform well. I do not expect such lopsided scores like I have seen in the first two
    weeks. We will continue to do what we do best, which is play tough defense in the final third. Losing is
    not an option, as we plan to move throughout the season with no losses. I feel this club has top 2
    capabilities and expect nothing less than that.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

[​IMG]

It was a tough loss versus Schalke this week, the Bilbao boys played well but they're is much left to desire in the final third. Our man at the top finally got his number on the scorers sheet although it was not enough. Javi Martinez (pictured above) played a very good game but allowing the final goal in the 90th minute reiterates the fact that you can't make a single mistake during the game. Martinez is one of the top three players on this team and I expect an improvement in form for him to create a solid wall in front of Captain and LCB Amorebieta. Kudos to Schalke, they played well but Bilbao wings need to tighten up before they can settle into form.

3. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

*takes picture of the manager* Mr Jon! How does your loss against shalke effect your team this week!

4. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

I think that the match against Schalke one of the best of the first few weeks of the season... With that said, I believe my squad will bounce back and the goals wil eventually start to come. We plan on going out to the pitch and playing our own game of football. Next?

5. Bryan Colmenares

Bryan Colmenares Walk On

Does the loss of CSKA take any advantage to your position in the league right now!?

6. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Currently we sit in third place in the standings right now, so yes I would say it is an improvement. However there are many talented clubs out there, and I would say that the top five will all compete but the top three will certainly be dogging it out for those top two spots to move up. I believe that CSKA was a talented team, very beatable as it was a close game during preseason. I look forward to seeing the new clubs/managers on the pitch and wish them the best of luck.

7. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bilbao looks forward to make up matches with new League 2 members...

Waiting for the newest members of league 2, Bilbao looks forward to playing the two new teams to join the league. Bilbao was forced into getting behind the schedule after Manager Jon was unable to make matches this week due to being out on business. "Hopefully our squad will pick up right where we left off after week 2, however I am worried that extended rest and lack of friendlies may show in our results." Bilbao captain and centre-back Amorebieta does not seem worried as the back four had a good showing against league on leader Sporting CP. "We played well in the back, a few crazy goals happened in the final ten minutes but the game was close the entire way. We also played a great game against Dortmund last week." The team's recent aggressive tactics is not paying off in the way manager Jon MK has expected. "We will have our game plan set for the upcoming matches as we play Sporting CP next week, we expect a great game and hopefully the fans will enjoy it as well."

8. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bilbao finishes week with two big wins..

Friday afternoon at San Mames Stadium was quite the scene as the Bilbao Boys had a light training session. The team was satisfied with their victory over Sporting CP and Udinese. Sporting CP was previously undefeated and sitting atop the League 2 table, until a visit to Basque country sent them home with their tails between their legs. Manager Jon MK was very satisfied with the performance after a shaky week on the training pitch and in friendlies. "I was very pleased with the way my team performed, we went in there and we played our game and took control of the game as quickly as possible," said the Bilbao manager. "I will be very interested to see how we perform coming off of this cloud 9 feeling of defeating the two hottest teams in League 2."

9. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bilbao on fire since first loss..

[​IMG]
    (Javi Martinez beats his opponent to continue down the pitch.)

Table topping Athletic Club de Bilbao has silenced any critics and doubters after winning five of their last six matches and four in a row. "Our team is built to win, Fernando Llorente is finally coming into his form and solid play from our back four makes us the team to beat" said Bilbao Manager Jon MK. Bilbao has been lighting up the score charts recently, scoring three goals in each of the last three matches while allowing a league low 8 goals. Will if be the defense that wins League 2 for Bilbao or will their offense continue to stay hot? "I believe it will be the defense that will get us promoted, Amorebieta is leading our back four very well. His presence inside our 18 is incredible."

10. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bilbao still on top through week five..

[​IMG]

The Bilbao Boys survived a close game with a 1-0 result at Santos FC this week. Manager Jon MK noted that his team was not playing to recent form. "The team on the field was struggling it looked like, hanging in there by a thread. It could be my fault, maybe I could've made a change or two." Bilbao is still the best defensive team in the league. Recent friendlies see the team winning two of every three against League 1 opponents, but the storyline seems to be that who will play the club in friendlies? Hopefully, this question can be answered soon.

11. Jon MK

Jon MK FIFA-reak

Bilbao first team to ten wins..

[​IMG]

Bilbao, Spain - Athletico Bilbao has taken TFL's League 2 by storm this season, being the first team to reach ten wins. This is a landmark season for manager Jon MK as he has led his Bilbao Boys to the top of the table. "It really has been a fantastic season thus far, our victory over Udinese re-stated the belief in ourselves as a football club." The team, led by Golden Boot hopeful Fernando Llorente (pictured above) and Defensive POY candidate Fernando Amorebieta, has let a league leading 12 goals allowed thus far. With two games left, the club is the obvious choice to take the League 2 title. Moving forward, the team hopes manager Jon MK will remain with the squad after the restructuring of the TFL Leagues for the new 2012 season. "As of right now, I am very happy where I am at with my squad. I love the team and the way they play... What the future holds, however, I do not know..."